Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Guys, we're looking at 2-4 inches here in Atlanta.

Starbucks is closed.

People are drunk in midtown. The only thing open are bars and mexican joints. And probably asian as well i dunno my girlfriend didn't want rice or whatever

anyway last time atlanta got any snow whatsoever it was a literal national emergency

This is because the city of atlanta is actually made up of a poo poo load of counties, numerous invented out of whole cloth just to keep tax dollars from going to the blacks, and lol coordinating relief efforts for all of those.

This is a conservative map of what you'd call metro atlanta. In actuality it extends into Alabama and north carolina

anyway check in here goons. be safe if you live in the burbs, or get lit if you're ITP (inside the perimeter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i would like everyone in atlanta to die, and also everyone not in atlanta. only those currently crossing the city limits may survive.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I went to high school in Cobb County.

My AP Biology textbook had that idiotic "evolution is just a theory" sticker on the inside cover.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Hotlanta not so hot anymore!! :grin:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
As a lifetime resident of lovely upstate South Carolina, I would welcome a deep freeze in Atlanta that destroyed the entire city, thereby requiring it to be rebuilt by people who finished high school and got city planning degrees.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

MeatwadIsGod posted:

As a lifetime resident of lovely upstate South Carolina, I would welcome a deep freeze in Atlanta that destroyed the entire city, thereby requiring it to be rebuilt by people who finished high school and got city planning degrees.

:agreed:
gently caress you naming every drat street peach something.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

sincx posted:

My AP Biology textbook had that idiotic "evolution is just a theory" sticker on the inside cover.

nice meltdown, they should send you to help them clear the roads

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I would welcome a deep freeze in Atlanta that destroyed the entire city, thereby requiring it to be rebuilt by people who finished high school and got city planning degrees.

This, but Houston.

(except for me, I'm from the north, the cold can never kill me)

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Don't everybody rush to the snow scraper store at once now. Just use you're defrosters for 20 minutes or so. Praying hard for the people of Atlanta right now. :negative:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

sincx posted:

Brought to you by the county that contains Kennesaw, home to Wild Man and a law mandating that white males own guns.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Getting a good amount of snow in Cherokee County.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Also silly southerners think that is cold and bad and wet, we'll show them.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
as a resident of this poo poo state, I'm dead from snow

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

All Georgians drive exactly 20 miles above the speed limit at all times. It's not that they don't know to slow down when the roads get slick, it's just that they're still going 65+mph when they do.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the ole reverse Sherman

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Egbert Souse posted:

Getting a good amount of snow in Cherokee County.

lmao no you aren't

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
It was -18F here this morning and did not get above +3 all day. gently caress Atlanta.

Gunuku
Sep 26, 2007

I'm a goddamn marvel of modern science.
Lipstick Apathy
hell yeah i heard the bar down the road on Ponce is open so i may leave this world clutching a pbr

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Not all Georgia drivers are bad. I hate them just as much, if not more.

Gunuku posted:

hell yeah i heard the bar down the road on Ponce is open so i may leave this world clutching a pbr

PBR on PDL

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Hey Atlanta, have you declared a state of emergency over your ~decent sized~ snow yet?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

My Man Shran posted:

Hey Atlanta, have you declared a state of emergency over your ~decent sized~ snow yet?

It literally went into effect at 1:30pm today, before the rain even began.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I was flying back from Europe once and there were two inches of snow in Atlanta where I had to change planes. Even the airport in Atlanta can't handle a tiny amount of snow.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It snowed throughout Texas today.

Oh well.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Even with that shiny new fleet of unnecessary snow plows and salt trucks.

Yes, very good.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

posting from the red zone :okpos:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

RIP third best part of Virginia.

Sorry you have to put up with NC, sir.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

I'm in Decatur and this got me a three day weekend :cool:

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I got stuck in Roswell in 2014. Fortunately I was about a mile from home and a random friendly family saw me walking and I had gumbo and beer with them, then went home and got shitwrecked. Stay safe Atlanta goons!

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you want to play "where is it snowing right now" just go to google maps, turn on traffic and zoom out

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

we are supposed to get like 2-5 inches of snow here but its not going to turn into a national emergency cause we arent bitchmade

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Kroger shared Atlanta's snow shopping list, based on their best sellers over the past 48 hours:

Bread
Milk
Ground beef
Bananas
Rotisserie Chicken
Alcohol

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/atlantas-top-selling-grocery-items-for-snow-storm/383061329

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Atlanta is a ratsnest that is somehow worse than my beloved D.C. in every single way.

Southern politeness is not a real thing. It's more like "southern pettiness and a weird need to keep tabs on neighbors and reject common sense entirely when dealing with others"

Also Atlanta has the largest number of batshit aggressive drivers I have ever seen.

Sprinkle a little snow on top of them and they somehow catch fire.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I don't live in Decatur anymore but we are getting snow and I bought Evan Williams and cigarettes and beer like I'm still there.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

My Man Shran posted:

Atlanta is a ratsnest that is somehow worse than my beloved D.C. in every single way.

Southern politeness is not a real thing. It's more like "southern pettiness and a weird need to keep tabs on neighbors and reject common sense entirely when dealing with others"

Also Atlanta has the largest number of batshit aggressive drivers I have ever seen.

Sprinkle a little snow on top of them and they somehow catch fire.

This depends on where you are. I'm assuming you're in some bougie suburb like Alpharetta or not even in Fulton or DeKalb county.

wiley e. sheep
Feb 15, 2016

by zen death robot
i wished you were dead long before the weatherman predicted it, suck a dick

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Might as well post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VBq5G866LI
it's all gonna be okay

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
excited for new snow traffic gifs

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

My uncle should be fine in Atlanta since he grew up north.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Grouchio posted:

My uncle should be fine in Atlanta since he grew up north.

unless dear unckie is also simultaneously every other driver that surrounds him, he still better watch his 12 and 6 and 10 and 2

• Locked thread