Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Akuma posted:

Also consider that the crestfallen warrior tells you explicitly where to go.

if you go down a lift or down some stairs past somewhere that is not a waterway maybe you should've listened to my man, there.

the signposting failure happens after you ring the first bell, because the depths are behind a totally plain wooden door that you probably don't remember seeing because your two main memories of the area where it's located are "jolly cooperation" and everything being on fire. the skeletons in the firelink cemetery are a difficulty spike but probably not one severe enough to immediately make you think you've taken a wrong turn, and everything just gets worse from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BigHandsVince posted:

TLOU2 had a great natural finishing point, and then exceeded it for no reason and made the ending dumb. It was also too long.

in a series that hangs so much on realistically portraying travel logistics and dealing with injuries (assuming they were inflicted in a cutscene, ofc) that last "arc" breaks suspension of disbelief left and right in order to get characters where they need to be, in order to make a point that had already been made. it was seriously gratuitous

but yeah there's no misstep the game made bigger than that one playable sequence with abby in the tutorial. it was completely pointless and neutered the impact/surprise of the big character swap midway through

e: to clarify, when i say "realistic" i mean for post-apoc fiction. otherwise there wouldn't be any more gasoline, and what a pickle we'd be in

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 31, 2021

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How did the dog summon personas

:woof:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
thanks to Where in the US is Carmen Sandiego, i only think of one thing when i hear about Reno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PluWC5DjKiM

looks like i'm not the only one, if the comments are any judge

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
finally picked up mad rat dead on the latest sale

the rhythm-platformer gameplay isn't entirely doing it for me but the soundtrack is excellent. sort of an electro-ragtime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqXTVdDmbZ0

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Read After Burning posted:

:same: but about that Big Mouth show.

oh no no, that's too far. psychonauts' art design is an acquired taste but it's animated well and its characters do have a selick-esque charm. big mouth is just hideous

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
origins is one of the worst games I’ve (very briefly) played

lifeless, dull, outrageously ugly, like “can’t render objects more than ten feet away” levels of ugly

at least it cured me of the temptation to try any more of those timesinks

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
people never believe me when I say it but I was constantly surrounded by NPC’s within spitting distance whose shadows existed in a quantum state, carrying boxes that weren’t there. factor in the color palette and it’s a complete face-ache

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Twibbit posted:

did you try the share function?

i spent the better part of decade forgetting that button existed, sure wasn't going to remember it then v:v:v

anyway the graphical issues just finished the job that the cruddy environments, loot/stat overload, and wooden unresponsive combat started. every inch of that game was like steel wool against my sensibilities

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

oxx's playstation is bust and they dont even know it lol

could be the install was bad but the rest of the game was so rancid that it didn’t matter much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
wait for current gen consoles, it never should have been sold for last gen