Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Back when Cerebral Bore didn’t mean another Tim Rogers video released...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Learn to work the saxophone
I, I'll play just what I feel
Drink Scotch whisky all night long
And die behind the wheel
They got a name for the winners in the world
I, I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon St. John (Deacon St. John)

Ah, another gentleman loser like myself! :cheerdoge:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

so disco elysium is banned in my country. how do I purchase and play it. Had it got a physical edition I can just order in?

:australia:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

JW3 is OOOOOO-Kay, merely “pretty good”. It has a couple of truly insane action sequences but ultimately is dragged into a puddle of bad lore and weird globe-trotting nonsense and even though the fights are extremely high quality John’s style morphs from the graceful and minimal gun kata of the first film to basically Black Widow style “endless cascade of flips and rolls”. Special shout-out to Halle Berry and her killer shepherds, that action scene is already legendary. Supposedly the most complicated animal action sequence ever filmed (outside of a French arthouse movie about dogs taking over the world), and Berry had to live in a hotel room with the dogs for 6 weeks to properly train and bond with them.

Watch John Wick if you live violence, it’s good.

JW3 also has an amazing amount of crotch destruction. Just dudes getting bitten and shot in the junk all over the place.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sammus posted:

I got into the Rust beta; I'm pretty sure everyone who applied did. Are there any ps4 rust goon groups?

Not for much longer!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

acksplode posted:

Hoping Sony fucks this up badly enough that the EU fixes it with some new regulation. Taking down auth servers should require removing the auth requirement to launch a game

There's probably some words in one of the eulas we all clicked through that let Sony unilaterally kill the consoles whenever they feel like it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao I just found the Death Stranding easter egg in CP2077. Not the one at the very beginning with the guy in the hotel, but the BB in the lab.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Impossible, this guy's making terrible decisions with his life.

https://twitter.com/The_Betus/status/1354473584370937857

Geez that thing came out EIGHT YEARS AGO. :corsair:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

what if you could push a button...and reset the entire videogame industry?

$60 for a game??
https://youtu.be/g0ha6Mb5_YQ

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay so I loved the train level in Uncharted 2 but thinking on it I've never not loved a train level

Goldeneye? Good.
Wolfenstein The New Colossus? Good.
Wolfenstein The New Order? I think it was just a cutscene but it was still good.
Red Dead Redemption 2? There are multiple train levels and they are all good.
Hitman 3? Slightly clunky conceptually but still good.
Assassin's Creed Syndicate? Literally the only good setpiece in the game. Actually might be the only setpiece in the game. I struggle to remember anything interesting happening not on a train.

Snake's Revenge? ehhhhh

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

acksplode posted:

It was those golden years where Netflix had a huge library for $10/mo and no competitors. Then the media companies caught up and now if you want to watch The Office or That 70s Show or Friends, each one is a separate app, service, and subscription. Torrenting is actually on the rise in the last couple years.

It's hilarious to see the same poo poo happen again once the people who lived through it the first time have all retired.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Watch Dogs Legion was showing up free for me when I checked just now. It's letting me download it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Yeah there's a free trial going on right now.

Ah ok, thanks.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I like how there was talk around the PS3-era about Japanese studios not really being able to make the technical leap to HD games. Then for the PS4 you had KojiPro and Capcom make two of the best running and looking game engines ever.

It helped that they didn't have to fight the Cell architecture on the PS4.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ah, looks like I can play Metal Gear Rising Revengeance on PS Now

never played that one

It was okay. There was a lot of frustrating stuff about it (I found that it seemed to punish aggressive play but instead expected you to score most of your damage with counterattacks) but the support team was surprisingly fun and the last boss has some amazing writing. I played through once a few months ago and will probably not bother with it again.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Oh Tim Rogers is definitely up his own rear end, but is that thing about his neurological condition and his so called perfect memory true? Cuz if so I can definitely see how that would create a sort of strange human being such as he is

It's extremely unlikely to be true. This guy for example had it for real and it basically destroyed his life:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Rogers claims to have highly superior autobiographical memory, not eidetic memory, and yes he also has written about how it has hosed up his life:

https://medium.com/@108/what-we-might-mean-when-we-say-a-clock-is-wrong-5f055ff631a6
(edit: oh right cw: sexual assault, suicide)

He certainly writes like he talks.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Akuma posted:

Backers haven't got their codes? Well that's lame :(

lol dickstarted again

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Science_enthusiast posted:

I have felt this way about all the bosses so far- i feel like fundamentally dont get the battle system. All of them go on for waaaày too long and feel like there is one solution/ weakness to exploit and you just have to wait your turn and do it.

jrpg.txt

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s in the Xbox store as well

Not a great look for CDPR :mrwhite:

May have been a condition of letting it back on the store. I was halfway expecting them to hold out on letting it back in until the ps5 version was done.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Redezga posted:

Unfortunately not, but I'm guessing this means until I do the answer to my question is no.

I played through about 3/4 of the game on an OG PS4 before switching to a PS5 in May, starting on release day. It's playable though crashes a lot, has tons of annoying glitches, and the frame rate and detail are both a far cry from what's on the PS5. If you get into the story, setting, and characters you'll be okay; if you don't find yourself getting sucked into Night City and just walking around to take in the atmosphere you will probably be disappointed. I was pretty much the target audience for this game so I was predisposed to like it; your mileage will vary.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/26/forget-days-gone-ghost-of-tsushima-is-sonys-worst-game-14831208/amp/

Someone in the UK wrote an Op-Ed about how Sushi Ghost is SONY’s worse title and it reads exactly like a Fridge Corn post lmao

quote:

In my opinion though Days Gone does slightly better in that it at least has an original gimmick, in the zombie hordes, and it’s not a straight copy of another game like Ghost Of Tsushima is.
lmao okay

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean they are overused in movies but they don’t come up in games often.

Hell resident evil has basically moved away from them entirely

lmao okay. Zombies are right up there with ninjas and other country's army guys.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I think I might care about Tim Rogers video about Cyberpunk if it had come out 6 or even 3 months ago, but good lord I probably loved the game as much as anyone and just can’t be bothered to care anymore. I bought at launch, 90 hours played, bought a t-shirt, bought the art book, bought the tabletop book, played it with my friends… I don’t know how much more I could care about cyberpunk but I just do not give a poo poo about what this dude thinks about Cyberpunk in relationship to, presumably, every other video game about crime ever made?

Noah Caldwell-Gervais, now that was a long form video essay about Cyberpunk I enjoyed, but that guy also has absolutely zero ego about his content. Tim Rogers appears to be… exclusively egotistical in his content (you have to be to think anyone would listen to you talk about yourself playing video games for 6 hours).

He’s just doing the Ken Burns thing, and Ken Burns has his diehard fans, but they are wholly inaccessible products to most people.

:same:

I watched a few minutes of one of his other videos and thought that style had annoyed me before but I didn't realize until just now that the "Dreaming In An Empty Room" essay I read so many years ago was what put Rogers on the map. He made some good points but his Weaboo S. Thompson gimmick sucked then and gently caress listening to that bullshit for more than about five minutes regardless of the topic at hand.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arist posted:

My immediate reaction to this is that you shouldn't have posted it if only because whoever replaces this IK is just going to do it again afterwards now

IKs can only probate a post from two weeks ago or more recent so you're free after that as long as you don't post in FYAD again.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I haven't seen this much controversy around a bad games poster since the PSP White.

lmao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hal Insandenza posted:

Well it’s made with cheese curds and sometimes people add short rib or other weird stuff to it but otherwise yeah, fries, curds, gravy

https://notpoutine.fyi/

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

So do you think they can turn it around and fix Cyberpunk or are they just going to keep quiet and stay forgotten?

They just pushed another big update and the PS5 version with multiplayer is supposedly still on the way.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

There are also a shocking number of PS4 games that don't cap frame rates on menu screens so the console will go into hovercraft mode when you pause the game.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3 was only 2019 and literally everything people liked about FF7R’s combat system is present in that game, plus way, way more stuff.

Rodd status: busted

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

obi_ant posted:

What is up with the Nier games? Apparently one of them is sort of like a hybrid re-make prequel? The other is just the second game?

Replicant is the remake-ish of the PS3 game Nier. Automata is the sequel to Nier/Nier Replicant and was the one that got recent accolades.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

IG-88 posted:

please tell me i can play this in the united states of america

That carpet looks like it's what Round One uses so maybe if you live near one.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Minotaurus Rex posted:

I got the slim and it’s both dope and funky fresh. I missed out on the whole last gen so these modern games are pretty mindblowing - picked up Bloodborne, MonHun World, Nier: Automata & Slay the Spire. Any recs for other good starter PS4 games or must-plays? Having a blast with this :D

Death Stranding and Phantom Pain.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

Or just watch a boy and his dog

That last line ruins the whole show though, oof.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sammus posted:

I’m pretty sure cannibalism is Fallout as gently caress.

It's not the cannibalism, it's how mean spirited it is in the movie. The book ends with "Do you know what love is? Sure I know. A boy loves his dog." There were a bunch of other lines added to the movie that were really juvenile but that one is by far the worst.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Not really.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Paying2Lurk posted:

It's the official Sony back button attachment. Just search for that and it will pop up. They were clearing them out for like $15 before the PS5 came out, but I think they're back up to $30 now. You plug it into the headphone jack of the DS4 and it adds back buttons / paddles to the controller. They're awesome, and it's hard to go back to a controller without them after you use them. I set them to L3 and R3 as default and it's so much better than clicking in the sticks.

I was kind of surprised they didn't build that into the PS5 controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

univbee posted:

SCUF has a patent on controllers with integrated paddles. They're even suing Valve for it because of the Steam controller.

Ah ok, after the rumble debacle on the sixaxis/ds3 they probably don't want to even go there again.