Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

FireMrshlBill posted:

Since people want Smart TV talk, how is the input lag on the KS8000 when using HDR? Seems a lot of TVs introduce a lot since they require you to be in a movie setting rather than game setting. Was hoping to wait for the OLED's to drop to the $1500 range in a few years, but just bought a house and the 40" I have for the basement is going to be too small. May go for a 65" KS8000 or the like (though would prefer something in the 70" range).

Would like to get the new tv sooner and upgrade to a PS4 Pro when FF7 remake comes out (hoping for a special edition FF7 PS4 Pro).

edit: Also, i haven't play Bloodborne yet because I wasn't a fan of Dark Souls, but will give it a shot. UC4 is the most "must play" game I have played on the PS4 so far since most of the other games I have enjoyed have been on PC and/or XB1 as well (DQ Builders, DQ Heroes, FF15, GTA5, etc.). UC4 is definitely not overrated.

I have no problem doing well in FPSes etc with the KS8000 in regular, non-game mode. I dunno why you'd buy a fancy new tv and then make it look like poo poo by turning on game mode.

I agree with the "Bloodborne is good for people who hate themselves" sentiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh I forgot why I came to post here with all the new thread excitement. I just got a notice from Amazon saying Sony has not provided any Platinum headsets. They intended to ship today.

ethanol posted:

Try using a mouse in game mode vs not game mode

Works fine? Although I only use it for Civ 6 in Steam Big Picture mode, I'm not one of those dastardly xim cheaters.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The fact that almost no one who bought a Pro regrets it says a lot. Detractors usually haven't even seen it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm lucky to have a car share that allows me to use SUVs that fit my 65" TVs. Cheaper than delivery and the only way I could get a ks8000 for super cheap on black Friday.

My surround speakers and equipment (Onkyo ht-s7800) was even worse. Much heavier and the size of half a fridge.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally giving the bf1 campaign a shot, on hard mode to boot. That flying segment :stare: Didn't expect this to be the best single player dogfighting game I've played. Best looking, too, by a mile.

I seriously think BF1 is my 2016 goty. And a true contender for "this is why you need a pro" since I thought it was too sluggish on my og.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sioux posted:

Yeah the flying segment was awesome. I finished the game on hard mode and most of it was pretty doable. However, I can't believe how many field manuals and codex challenges I missed. I'm a player who goes out of his way to open every chest and enter every building. Part of me wants to finish them in easy mode just to get the Plat, but another part of me can't be arsed.

I am considering a platinum (something I never do unless it's easy... and those codexs look like a bitch) but I just accidentally did the Italy mission on normal. gently caress! Wish I could just choose a difficulty and stick with it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Anyone in the Beta of For Honor? Looks kind of cool, depending on how tight the combat is. If it's just Dark Souls PvP THE GAME it could be pretty fun.

I've been in previous betas and.... yeah it's not tight. Hope they fixed it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finished bf1 campaign on hard. Some meh missions after the great flying one, runner one was terrible save for the kiwi line, and really did not expect an almost exact copy of V to break out there, minus the flying fists.

Currently listening to a great rendition of waltzing matilda in the credits. I'm homesick for Oz :(

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

edit: wrong thread

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jan 13, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

mrbass21 posted:

Maybe I have no soul, but I'm not enjoying The Last Guardian.

Every time I start to get into it, the camera and controls immediately pull me out of it. I get bored of it after playing about 20 minutes and don't care to play anymore.

Everyone has talked about how amazing the game is, so I'm going to finish it. I'm never thinking "man, I want to play TLG!" I usually have to force myself to slog through it.

I know I don't have to, but I want to see this ending everyone is talking about. Plus, I keep convincing myself that it gets better, or that I'm one play session from seeing what everyone raves about.

A lot of people don't like it, maybe even the majority, so don't feel too bad. It's very divisive at best.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

even if you hate last guardian its so so worth it to see the ending

I intend to try it after it drops way down in price and hopefully gets a patch or seven.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Still gonna play it... But I still have several Black Friday games to get through. Haven't come close to finishing Dishonored 2, Final Fantasy 15, FIFA the journey, NBA mycareer, Madden anything, NHL anything...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

I feel like the switch ad is an inaccurate representation of someone who would bring a Nintendo system to a rooftop party.

The Switch ad was filmed in my hood and made for a good laugh in many respects. White people under 30 don't live here anymore and would definitely not have rooftop video game parties on one of the few days that it isn't raining.

The basketball court under the bridge is pretty great though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I had a Switch pre-order but cancelled it after seeing it's just more Nintendo being Nintendo.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

I'm only a couple hours in but I don't really feel like it's janky at all. I don't know why it would need seven patches.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

headset chat

Anyone grab the Sony Platinum headset yet? Looks like some vendors have already been selling them (GameStop?). Reviews seem to be both good and bad

I know a lot of you have probably seen me talk about the Lucidsound line of headsets. I got their LS30 wireless stereo headset and had been eagerly awaiting the LS40's which is their "premium" headset with 7.1 VSS that came out just recently.

As much as I want to support them..I just can't recommend the LS40 at all. The sound is "hollow," which is the best way I can put it, and voices just sound real quiet. The LS30 is definitely worth checking out though and I've enjoyed using mine the last long while

Amazon ships the Platinums on the 19th it looks like. I'd like to try them out before I return the LS40 and compare them a bit. I'm really not one to return poo poo but they just really don't sound good at all

:can: I really hate wires and like to walk around my place with my headset on like a doofus, I'm considering just getting a high end wired headset

I preordered my Platinum headset from Amazon.ca in September and don't want to cancel it because it's $30 off, but they don't seem to have any stock. :mad:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

You can play WD2 right now for free. Give it a shot, much better than the last one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkAqFrIs4Z4

edit: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/watch-dogs-2/cid=UP0001-CUSA04459_00-WD2FULLGAME00000

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 17, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Don't worry, you'll get sick of MGS V long before you see the ending even if you love it. Most padded game ever.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

rabidsquid posted:

ah, i see somebody has never played a single rpg

I played every second of Witcher 3 and the expansions motherfucker. And countless others. I don't play JRPGs granted, because MGS V is the only one I've ever liked. If that's even an RPG?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That and you can play Crash Bandicoot. Those remakes are my most-anticipated exclusive after Knack 2

People's reaction to a Crash remake is as puzzling as people getting genuinely excited about a Knack remake 10 years from now. Maybe it is because I wasn't five years old when Crash came out but it was a bad game. Knack is better.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

rabidsquid posted:

give us some more hot takes, especially involving the super relevant and hilarious memes about knack

Look at the post I was replying to, dummy.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

acksplode posted:

Mario 64 should get maybe a little credit for being the first good 3D platformer ever? That's not a small feat. It came up with so many control innovations that we take for granted now. Yeah the camera controls suck these days, but it had camera controls. It singlehandedly proved why analog sticks are required for 3D games. I vividly remember running around in the starting area in front of Peach's Castle and being amazed at how Mario controlled.

Yep, just like Halo and console FPSes. Doesn't seem like much now because everyone since has copied it. I never had an n64 but just seeing/playing it in stores blew me away.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Shadow225 posted:

What ps1 games are better than Mario 64, pray tell

Yeah we were playing poo poo like Jumping Flash, which was visually impressive just for being 3d but awful.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

^I don't regret 32x for virtua stuff and doom alone.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

How much did that poo poo cost in 2017 dollars, or was it the Saturn that was like $800

I bought a Saturn at launch in Canuckistan and that was when the dollar was even worse than now so I don't think it was one of the super expensive ones. My friend got a 3do and that piece of poo poo was $1000+.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah the saturn was super pricey. $500 1994 I think. I think Sega CD was like, 300 bux at the time?

Looked it up, Saturn was $400.

Edit: Sega CD was $300. I skipped that one despite having a Genesis/32x/Saturn. Friend had it, only cool game was Sonic.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 19, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

KrayG posted:

I genuinely thought this whole adults who watch anime thing was a meme till i read this thread and its probably confirmation bias but holy gently caress there are a lot of shut ins here.

Just wanna say I'm enjoying your posting. I hope you can syphon off some of the weebs that are still attacking me months after I insulted their favourite cartoon.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

There won't be a psvr 2 until they can figure out how to make games for the first one.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, PSVR is for all intents and purposes a new console and stuck with the usual launch year dearth. Nevermind it being VR, which is still a fairly nascent field of game design that studios are only now starting to develop for. The real telling factor will be this year's e3.

I meant like full games with varied gameplay that don't make you feel barfy. RE7 looks promising but horror games can't really be system sellers since so many people can't stand them.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Trump is 70 fuckin years old, he thinks everything is a Nintendo I'm sure.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I keep wanting to see something cool in Ghost Recon (used to be one of my fav series) but everything looks so derivative. Like I know Ubisoft loves to reuse assets but I can't even see anything that hasn't already been in one of their other games.

Also I think Ubi has made it mandatory to have a small camera drone in every game. Even Steep had one.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Steep has one because taking drones out to shoot extreme sports is one of their common uses :ms:.

Wouldn't know - last time I went skiing, snowboarding was still controversial.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The whole killzone series is like a tech demo for games that never come out.

Horizon is that game, hopefully.

edit: vvv me either. If it wasn't basically the first game made for Pro, I wouldn't give it a second look.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 21, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Can't you block messages from strangers? I don't get anything.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just got a For Honor closed beta email invite fyi. No extra codes this time.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Buy a PS4 Amateur with The Order 1886 and a $300 4k tv and you're all set.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I just gave up on most of my backlog and traded in dishonored 2, FF15, Madden 17 and cod since no one on SA Mart wanted them and I was never choosing to play them.

Got RS Siege year 2 with the PSN credit but can't think of anything else. Almost got last guardian used but eb games wanted $63 cdn and I could have got it new from Amazon prime on release day if I wanted to pay that much.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This looks like it could be fun. Like Trials without the stuff that makes you want to throw your controller across the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8VLMNzBDhw

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

edit: nevermind, beaten to the punch: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807429

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 26, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I won't vouch for Ghost Recon yet, because it could very well suck, but it looks less bad than it did before.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

just get sniper elite 4 instead. it even has coop

I will but it looks too similar to 3 so I can wait. Getting GR:W for 40% off.

Policenaut posted:

I don't know how after all the Ubisoft downgrades going all the way back to Far Cry 3 that anyone could look at a Ubisoft trailer and expect that to be the product you're getting when it comes out. It happens with every game they make now!

Not really, they stopped doing that because of this reputation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I can't play against humans in for Honor but against ai the fighting feels a lot better than the last beta.