Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Zaphod42 posted:

This is totally wrong and only makes sense if you don't understand how dominion works.

You don't level up and unlock ultimates in bf conquest. You don't have 3 lanes. You don't have npc mooks.

Its not exactly a MOBA but its definitely moba-like more so than poo poo like battlefield. Comeon.

I guess it's more that I don't understand what mobas are. Closest thing to playing one was about 30 minutes of Battleborn.

All I know is I just kill dudes and don't let them keep points and we win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

PSN eats poo poo just in time for the always online game For Honor debut. How convenient.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

glam rock hamhock posted:

I feel bad for the three people that were looking forward to playing that game.

It's up now, game is great and is gonna do really well. :)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

^game is really not meant for single player.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

How does it compare to Steep?

Fewer guys with horns on their helmets.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I know, it's a follow up to the previous discussion about the limited appeal of its multiplayer

It's the first good multiplayer game in a long time where you're not just shooting people. I think people are writing it off unfairly because it's something unfamiliar.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I'm writing it off because it's a Ubisoft game with a season pass and loot boxes but p2p based multiplayer and Ubisoft seem to be pumping out all these multiplayer games at an incredible rate.

OK your loss.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bad Parenting posted:

For honor is great, I played in the alpha, closed beta and then open beta and went from not really interested to pre order over that period.

There is a lot of depth to the combat and despite it being p2p connections I've never really seen laggy matches (I'm in the UK).

The dual battles are really intense and if you want something more casual you can jump into the 4v4 battlefield hold the area type modes. People saying it's a moba-like are talking poo poo, there's literally one control point out of three points on a map you have to hold, in one game mode out of 4(?) that involves killing fodder to get your fodder to hold that point.

Yep, some people just want to dislike it but it's a really high quality, deep game.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

^same, played it for virtually five hours straight despite some serious hand pain.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Its also a weird niche genre and doesn't appeal to a big player base. Its also made by ubisoft, uses uplay, and the matchmaking doesn't work good.

Uplay doesn't apply here, sure, but still. This can turn out to be a full price Titanfall 2 fiasco without a campaign.

What genre is it? The closest thing are Street Fighter type fighting games but they're still very different. It's nothing like Dynasty Warriors.

I'm thrilled to try a new type of game and it should be encouraged. This used to be the norm. It's sad that a whole generation of gamers has experienced nothing but safe sequels and recoils at the sight of something new.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

illBilliam posted:

I really am tempted to trade in my PS4oor. That would mean having to go to Gamestop though *shudders*

Or you could sell it. I sold mine to a goon on sa mart.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Gamestops in the US are quite a bit worse than EB games from my experience (been to them in Bellingham, Seattle, LA, SF, Vegas etc). But EB still tried to pull that circle of life bs on me last time I was in. Just gotta be firm.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nobody is going to remember For Honour by this time next year. I wonder if Ubisoft will still be around 🤔

This is getting ridiculous. The game's a huge success, 45,000 concurrent players on Steam today (no PS4 stats of course). Like I get that people who suck at playing against real people would rather play soulsbourne/nioh but give it some credit. It's a good, deep game and the FH thread gets more posts per hour than this one.

Also the DLC policy is really good. You get everything for free if you just play. Stop with the Ubi hate boner already.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wandle Cax posted:

Oh dear we wouldn't want someone enjoying a game on the internet now would we... "bb-b-but it's u-u-u-uu-uubisoft.. *trembles wildly*

Seriously. I wouldn't keep talking about it if it wasn't good. It would be nice if people to give it a shot instead of writing it off without playing it. Or at least let people talk about it without bitching about issues that don't exist?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Obsurveyor posted:

There's a thread for that. You don't have to defend the game's honor in the general PS4 thread. We get it, you like the game.

This thread is used for talking about new releases too, mr backseat moderator.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ramagamma posted:

I don't think people are writing off For Hobos without playing it, i think people tried the beta and just weren't impressed.

If criticism was about the actual gameplay instead of complaining about free dlc or typical "ubishit" nonsense I'd be fine with that. It's not for everyone.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Obsurveyor posted:

He hasn't been praising the game much in the thread, he's been reacting to people crapping on the game/Ubisoft. He said he wanted a safe space to talk about the game and I told him that there was one.

I dont want a safe space, just want to actually talk about the game instead of dlc policies and Ubisoft as a whole. The FH thread is more for in-depth discussion of strategy etc, but it looks like you have successfully censored any discussion so I'll just go back there. Congrats, brave thread defender.

Sakurazuka posted:

'How dare people talk about game I don't like' is the PS4 thread working as intended.

Truest post of the last few days.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

In other bad Ubisoft game news, Steep accidentally revealed that grinding is coming in the patch with Alaska.

https://gfycat.com/FirsthandCrispFinch

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

its an ideal 15 dollar xmas sale game like r6 was.

Talk about lame posts.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It's an ideal used game. Idk why the idea of buying a $60 ($50 if you use Amazon) game and then taking a $10 hit to sell it used is such a foreign idea to goons. Guess you just gotta have digital or are saving for that pro

I prefer to buy new on discount then sell quickly for the same loss.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Uh oh, the goon heroes at Giant Bomb love For Honor - despite being absolutely terrible at the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gzU7HxWgd4

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Inspector Hound posted:

That's awesome though, if you can love a game while being awful at it, that means the game may contain the theoretical "fun" particle

e Which For Honor totally does, in my opinion. I'm still waffling about actually buying it, but having an epic sword fight and then kicking my opponent off a wall at the last second when im at dot health is pretty satisfying

Oh yeah, definitely a good thing. Although it's not normally the type of game that people will like if they aren't very good at one on one battles. Like you can't help out significantly in other ways like you can in say battlefield 1.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Kirios posted:

Initial reviews aren't exactly glowing about it.

Except that they are and it has a huge player base already.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CharlestheHammer posted:

Having a huge player base initially isn't impressive.

It's been out for two days, sorry I can't predict the future like all the people who don't like/don't play the game.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CharlestheHammer posted:

Then why did you try.

I didn't.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CharlestheHammer posted:

Then your post served no purpose, neat.

I was talking about its current success.

You should not be talking about posts that serve no purpose.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Attitude Indicator posted:

this petulantly-posting-about-a-game-like-i'm-owed-a-conversion-about-it-despite-most-people-in-the-thread-not-being-interested-gimmick is pretty novel and i like it, but I'd be careful about overdoing it.

Haha this thread is the worst. Yes it's me the guy talking about a new game release that's the problem, not the people who want to shut it down and personally attack me.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Edit: wrong thread

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Horizon review embargo has lifted, looks like it's a hit. (88 average on Metacritic)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Samurai Sanders posted:

Listening to Gamestop's review of Horizon, is Alloy's name really pronounced with a long A?

edit: or as always with dialect stuff, is MY dialect the weird one for pronouncing alloy with a short A?

Aloy, not alloy. Alloy is when you combine two kinds of metal, and is pronounced the way you're pronouncing it. Aloy is some dumb future name that can be pronounced however Guerilla wants to pronounce it.

I've always assumed this would be a metaphor or something. Or maybe not.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Flumpus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTH8OnQKWeY

If you don't feel like watching the whole thing, the basic gist is it's very solid, performance is almost identical across both machines (with the Pro pushing a higher resolution). There are a very very small number of minor dips, but other than that it seems like a solid 30fps.

2160p vs 1080p is significant. Good to see it runs smooth on both though.

Also said a Tomb Raider style performance mode is coming in a patch.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Feenix posted:

UnfortunateSexFart (And anyone else who was hot on For Honor...)

This is not a callout. Just a genuine curiosity...
a week later, how do you feel on For Honor?

I gameflyed it but haven't even taken it out of it's mailer in 6 days because NIOH SO loving GOOD (and also I'm a dad with limited time...)

I am more impressed the more I play, honestly. They built enough progression stuff to make it last a long time - you don't even get the really cool weapons/gear until you play for about 50 hours it seems. No goon has done it yet as far as I know. Combat has tons of depth. My one big issue is that when lots of people rage quit it can crash the whole game, but other than that it's become the only multiplayer game I play lately.

It will suck if you're not good at online multiplayer games though. You have to be better than average or you're gonna have a bad time.

Here's me taking on three players by myself and winning :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgwZG8SdMHY

To those not familiar with the game, that's me stopping an execution (so I could revive my teammate) then blocking three attackers until my revenge meter (boosted by blocking attacks) caused a knockdown on anyone attacking me when that yellow pulse went out (two of three). Then the third guy tried to hit me with an insta-kill flaming arrow attack, which I narrowly dodged, and caused him to try to run away - but I was faster and separated his head from his body.

It's too bad some people in this thread want it to fail so badly because it really is fun and challenging and I believe will be around and popular for a long time. Just look at how many posts are in the For Honor thread.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

There's a tiny chance Ghost Recon and Mass Effect won't be complete poo poo shows too.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Feenix posted:

Ok maybe it just finally sunk in after 3 betas, or maybe I'm being pitted against morons in my first matches, but both Duel AND Dominion (and I hated Dominion in the betas) went really well in For Honor. Fun and entertaining, even.

Dominion is a little spammy and chaotic, but it was a good time.

I will say P2P is a mistake, though. Twice in my first match, it paused to migrate hosts because of 2 ragequitters...

I didn't like it after the two betas I played either. And yeah p2p crashes/pauses are terrible. :(

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

exquisite tea posted:

Well I think goon perspectives on video games are a bit skewed. Horizon is about as mainstream as you can get and it will probably sell a million bazillion copies, way more than Nier and Nioh at least.

For me personally I've been looking forward to this game the most in 2017, and I've already written off Andromeda so I'm glad things are at least looking good for Horizon!

Yes, goons have niche taste. These were the top sellers in January:

Resident Evil 7 (PS4, Xbox One)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Grand Theft Auto 5 (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
Battlefield 1 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
NBA 2K17 (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (PS4)
Madden NFL 17 (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
Watch Dogs 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Overwatch (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
FIFA 17 (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

I bought and enjoyed all of those except Kingdom Hearts and RE:7 (don't like horror... or RE).

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bloodychill posted:

I think the statement that DA:I had a "bad reception" is not particularly accurate since it was viewed as a decent step up from DA2 and reviewed and sold well. It wasn't my thing as I sputtered out around 25 hours because of the Ubisoft-style collectathon it had going but I know a few people who loved it to death. The biggest mark against it is that the Witcher 3 came out afterward and kind of trashed it on the story-telling front.

Yeah I enjoyed and finished DA:I, then played Witcher 3, and can never imagine playing a game like DA:I again. I suspect the Witcher Effect is one of the reasons why Mass Effect has been delayed so long.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

89 posted:

To be fair.

I have purchased GTA V on Xbox 360 (whoa new GTA!), Xbox One (whoa check out GTA's new graphics!), and PC (whoa how bout that 60 fps + mods??)

Still haven't beat it.

lolz...

I bought it three times too (360, ps4 physical, ps4 digital) and if psnprofiles.com is any indication, not many people finish it. My rarest trophies were all from that game, until For Honor anyway.

I'll start playing it again if boost mode helps the frame rate, too.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I want Mass Effect to be good, 2 was my fav game when it was new, but nothing about it makes me go "oh that looks cool." :(

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Touche

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I love bf1 but it seems really light on maps. Gets a bit repetitive.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's their map addition strategy anyway? Paid map packs like before that no one will ever use?

They added one free map but yeah the rest is paid dlc. I never once got to play the bf4 dlc maps on a populated server, even when they were free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I get 175Mbps down in Soviet Canuckistan and my wired Pro seems to download at about 30Mbps. Not great but tolerable.