Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Hey fellas

I just bought a used PS4 and now I'm wondering if that was a good idea. It does work fine as far as I can tell, but it's quite loud and I'm not even playing the game that's on from a disc. Are these generally quite noisy? And are they generally quite hardy and not prone to just randomly breaking?

I guess it's probably a fairly old model, it's not the pro version and looks like it's seen better days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Cheers for the replies

The sound doesn't particularly bother me, it was the idea that I might have just bought a dying console that was giving me pause

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I just got Yakuza 0 but now I really want to try Horizon Zero Dawn instead after reading this thread

haven't really been able to get into Yakuza 0 yet. There's a lot of talking and punching and not much else so far

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't understand people's feelings about Bushido Blade. Was there some strategy, or at least consistency, to combat that I never found? With me and my friends we would just swing the swords at each other and sometimes the swords would go right through their body and do nothing, sometimes they would cause a random limb to get damaged, and sometimes they would kill. It was amusing for a couple of hours total.

I don't remember the strategy for actually being good at it. My main strategy was to run through every stage of the entire game, cut some bamboo on the way, and then hope I didn't get murdered in one stab at the end. It was a fun strategy

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I'm going to start Horizon, is there anything I should be aware of before I play it?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Played a few hours of Horizon, fun game. Slightly overwhelming though, I'm picking up so much stuff and I have no idea what most of it is for

Also I got to like level 5 before realising I'm getting skill points to unlock abilities. Is it the case that I'm basically gonna end up getting all of them anyway, or should I try to focus on getting ones that sound the most useful?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Help I can't buy game

I bought some codes and entered them which went all fine. PSN says I have $31 in my wallet. I put Persona 5 Royal in my cart ($29.99) but when I proceed to checkout it asks me to choose a payment method, card PayPal or codes/gift cards. No option to pay with the wallet :confused:

I've bought games before this way without any problems

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Bust Rodd posted:

I went to go buy Dark Cloud 2 to play on my PS4 but the videos of the game running on my TV made it look practically pixelated, it was what I would consider "unplayable". It really looked like i had just taken off my glasses it was so fuzzy

it's a good game and I think it still looks pretty nice even now, cel-shading ages very well

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Is tomb raider: definitive edition still worth playing? It's $3 on PSN, never really been interested in the series but at that price I'm mighty tempted

Also any other particularly good deals right now? I'll probably get Bloodborne which I actually do want to play

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

haveblue posted:

$3 is well below the threshold where if you try it out and hate it it's not a waste.

What do you think of the Uncharted games? That's basically what the Tomb Raider reboot is, except with more ability to step off the path and explore areas.

Never played an Uncharted game so idk

Obviously $3 is almost nothing, I'm just not sure if I'd even be interested at all if it wasn't so cheap. As it is though I guess I'll give it a try

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I paid $3 for Tomb Raider and it's really good lol

Kind of like how linear and focused and fast paced it is, starting to think I don't actually like open worlds that much

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I just went back to Dark Souls Remastered after playing Bloodborne and wow does it look and feel like rear end now

maybe I need to give it more time

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
very weird thing happened to me earlier today

I was watching a youtube video on my PS4 and suddenly it stopped and I was taken to the sign in page. It said that another account had signed in. My PS4 was signed in to a different account, one that had never been on my account before and of a person I don't know. I live in Vietnam, the email address was a Vietnamese name and the profile picture was an Asian girl so presumably Vietnamese too. I was signed in to this account. I logged out and signed back in to my account.

can anyone explain how this could happen? I've tried googling some stuff but I don't really know what to search for. I can't understand how it could happen but it did. At first I was worried it was some kind of hack or phish or something but I don't think it was because it wasn't my account :confused:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I did get it used but it was a couple of years ago, and I also share WiFi with the apartment building. Probably nothing to worry about, just weird

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

SlothfulCobra posted:

Control kind of evokes Mass Effect 2 a lot of the time with how each of the powers emulates a Mass Effect class.

It's certainly neat going through all those office environments, and it's the only game you really want to be accurate with the brightness setting because things can get too washed out in light just as much as they can get too dark.

I started playing Control the other day and didn't understand the brightness settings. It said to move the slider so that the triangle on the left was invisible, middle was just visible and right was visible, but there were only two triangles? :confused:

interesting game but not actually that much fun to play some of the time imo. Awful load times when you die too. Not sure I'll finish it

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Last night I had a dream about a Darks Souls ish kinda game where you could block attacks low/medium/high like in a fighting game

Has any non-fighting game actually done this before, or did I just dream the new innovation in action game design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
In case anyone hasn't heard already, the price of PS Plus is going up in a few days. if you re-subscribe now you can still get it at the current price