Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Why are the final fishing side-quests in FFXV so hard?! It's like I need to be psychic in order to know when the fish is going to change direction otherwise I lose about 100 durability on my fishing line. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Oxxidation posted:

Don't reel, at all, if your controller is vibrating. That's pretty much the only way you can prevent getting huge chunks bitten out of your line's vitality.

Even then it's an uphill battle. I caught one of the top-end fish with literally 2 hp left on my line.

Just got the fish at Galdin Quay - took me nearly 7 minutes to reel him in and only had about 200 durability left - satisfying as gently caress though.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Final Fantasy XV platinum trophy acquired. I am the 4.1% :smug:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Idgi did people hate the PS3 controller or what.

A lot of people have the problem of using analog sticks with their thumb knuckle joint and not the tips, which leads to a lot of complaints when trying to make the transition from an XBox controller to a Dualshock where the two sticks are obviously much closer.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You know when people complain about the free games that come with PS+ ?
Nintendo just announced that the Switch will have paid online but as a bonus you'll get a...free Nes/Snes game...that expires after a month. Lmfao

Nintendo are the epitome of "one step forward, two steps back".

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Guillermus posted:

As someone that only owned one sony console before the PS4 (a PSP fat and then the first slim). What are the chances on getting a Monster Hunter tittle for the PS4?

That depends if Capcom makes a MH title for the Switch - they'll have no choice but to use HD assets for a Switch version which means it can probably get ported to PS4 pretty easily.

Real hurthling! posted:

the game will of course be total crap with no content though because of having to start from scratch and its modern capcom we're talking about.

Isn't there some China-exclusive MH MMO that actually has really nice graphics?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

veni veni veni posted:

I'm still having problems consoling how much Nioh apes Souls, but it also seems dumb to not like a game because it aspires to be a game I really like.

Well at least Nioh is doing it well as opposed to that turd Lords of the Fallen.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

It's also like HL3 in that it's never coming out

We are in an era where Doom, The last Guardian, and FFXV came out in the same year. FFVII remake is coming out. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
This boss in the Ni-oh demo is goddamn impossible. :argh:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pierson posted:

Did FF15 turn out to be Not Good? D:

FFXV was very good.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Is Nioh crashing at the title screen for anyone else? It just crashed for me three times in a row.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zaphod42 posted:

Nioh is so loving good. Everybody play the demo if you like bloodborne or souls at all, its really cool. Definitely feels like Team Ninja doing their Ninja Gaiden thing but building it in the framework of a souls game, and it works fantastically.

The combat feels even more lethal than dark souls, but you have so many more combat options. Fighting just feels so intense.

Very much feels like I'm experiencing dark souls 1 all over again and I'm in love.

I would love to, but i'm currently re-installing the demo. There has to be something wrong for the game to crash 5 times at the title screen.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zaphod42 posted:

:( that sucks. You on ps4 or pro?

I haven't had any issues at all on any of the 3 betas for Nioh. Your free space looking good and all that?

PS4, and space is not an issue. It makes no sense either cause it worked fine when I first played it, but then I turned it off to take a break and that's when it refused to work.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Samurai Sanders posted:

I just realized that the only 3D (in a movement sense) fighter on the PS4 right now is DOA5. How did that happen? Are 3D fighters that out of fashion?

Tekken 7 is coming sometime this year, but yes, 3D fighters just aren't as popular as 2D fighters.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zaphod42 posted:

but the other you actually form a party and you can rez party members if they die!

This is straight up the best part of this game. I've wanted a true co-op mode in Souls games for years.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

SettingSun posted:

Well we haven't really heard a peep about FF7R since the announcement so I maintain a conservative 2020 release date.

Lakbay posted:

More like 2025 because it's going to take 10 years

If we see nothing of it at this year's E3 i'm going to be very upset cause chances are you'll both be right. :ohdear:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Jesus that's horrendous.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

LawfulWaffle posted:

Guys, it's like you've never heard of a Day 1 patch before. I bet that clip was full of bugs that passed certification because they can be patched out in between when it went gold and when release day is. Not that I think it absolves that mess, but I feel like it's within acceptable levels of jank for a game that hasn't come out yet.

I wasn't even paying attention to the jank - I was too busy being appalled by the garbage voice acting that sounded like it came out of RE1.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Attitude Indicator posted:

It'll be interesting to see if Nioh has the same staying power as the souls games.

From what I played of the demo it definitely has enough variety in character builds and movesets to compare to Fromsoft's games, and the gameplay itself definitely has the "Souls" feel. It should do just fine.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Attitude Indicator posted:

next year games released on the regular PS4 will be like Shadow of Mordor on PS3

A rock solid 15 frames a second. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I expect a Konami Exec making me delete it via gunpoint one day.

It'll probably happen just like this :v: : https://youtu.be/0KdDfGHpl5M?t=66

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Why the gently caress won't patch 4.50 download?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

It takes ages to initialise I found. I thought it had it crashed

I'm not getting initialise issues - it just immediately fails as soon as I try to start it up.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So i've been avoiding footage of it - is Nier: Automata a good game? Going off the file size it must be a pretty huge game so i'm hoping it's something that will keep me invested for a while.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ChocNitty posted:

I recently got this PS4 bullshit. What game should I play first. Uncharted 4, Horizon, or Yakuza 0?

Bloodborne.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bust Rodd posted:

Am I crazy for wanting my first PS4 Pro game to just be TLoU Remastered? I know it's a kind of clunky 3rd person shooter, but except for MGR:R it's literally the most fun I've playing vibeo games in years and it's only $20 bucks, and I'm not looking to drop $60 bones immediately after dropping $400, especially since I know Nioh and Horizon aren't going on sale anytime soon and I'm going full digital/exclusives only.

Do difficulty trophies stack in TLoU? Can I get like 5 by making my first run a survivor/completionist run?

Difficulty trophies traditionally always stack, so playing on the hardest difficulty from the get go will result in your getting all difficulty-based trophies.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Andrast posted:

Nintendo shouldn't stop making consoles because they are the only company who can make successful/non-garbage handhelds.

Vita was an awesome handheld, ruined by overpriced proprietary storage and the fact that it had to compete with a Nintendo handheld.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQmXsGcYP3o

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Story trailer. PLEASE let this finally be Capcom's answer to Netherrealm Studios...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DrNutt posted:

Has anyone else been spammed by webcam girls on PSN yet? I did not realize PSN was being used in this way, though I guess I'm not all that surprised.

No webcam girls yet, but I still get the occasional "FREE PSN CODE GENERATOR" bullshit.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does the Xbox division have some kind of very specific brain problem when it comes to product names? Holy poo poo.

Maybe the brain problem Nintendo has is contagious...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Just claimed my 7th God of War Platinum trophy. NOW i'm ready for Dad of War! :kratos:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Is there an explanation why my PS4 hasn't been able to log into the PS Store for the past couple of days? I can't get past "Please Wait", and i've tried all the tricks the internet has provided (restore default settings, sign out/set up connection again, etc).

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ufarn posted:

The summon sequences are just facemeltingly well-made. I was practically cheering at my TV which doesn't really happen in games.

Too bad there's no way to actually control them.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
A very appropriate (and very well-made) Bioshock Infinite video (obvious spoilers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNhwb7iuI4

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Real hurthling! posted:

He thinks the n word should have been in the game a lot

I mean, his reasoning for it isn't WRONG...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Oxxidation posted:

FF7R is going the same way, Nomura's just poison to whatever projects he's assigned to.

I am growing more and more convinced that FF7R isn't even being worked on at this point. It's a loving episodic game, and we STILL have no gameplay footage.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

lmao Destiny 2's first "expansion" is less than 2hrs long
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/7hxo0g/destiny_2s_curse_of_orsiris_campaign_is_only_1/

so glad I sold that game when I could get a good return

I am SO glad I never jumped in on the season pass. I stopped playing about a month ago, and I still managed to fully max out three characters in that short time frame. Bungie is just not giving it's hardcore playerbase ANY incentive to keep playing, mainly because all the best end-game loot is trapped behind loot boxes.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRHGqBHlbNY

Check out this rad as gently caress F-Zero-like.

Please....PLEASE let that play as good as it looks.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

spudsbuckley posted:

Mulling over getting Digimon Cyber Sleuth and Prey in the 2 for 30euro sale.

It's actually a tad cheaper than i can find physical copies of them but i'm sure that if i buy them they'll be cheaper individually in the Christmas/New Years PSN sale :/

Cyber Sleuth was a fun game. It has some jank from being a rushed localization but nothing that detracted from the experience. I'm super looking forward to the sequel which has the full Hackmon evolution line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DrNutt posted:

So Ivy's going to be down to what, a couple pasties and a thong by now?

Well the game seems to be a soft reboot so maybe she'll be fully clothed again? :v: