Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hey I think the final update for Disco on PS4 is finally getting the game in a good place, it has only crashed once so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Read After Burning posted:

Nice! I'll finally be checking it out tonight after I can tear myself away from 13 Sentinels. Getting an AOE attack on a big cluster of enemies is so drat satisfying. :hellyeah:

Is there a recommendation for first "Build" to go through with in Disco Elysium or do I just go with my gut? Should I try to jack-of-all trades, or specialize? I haven't played an RPG with a character builder like this in a good long while, so any general tips (if needed) would be appreciated.

I felt pretty good going in with a Thinker build the first go through. Getting Encyclopedia checks was one of the easier ways to learn the lore and history of the world and gives you good background knowledge that will be helpful with in later runs. The Visual Calculus checks also are a real unique thing.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

exquisite tea posted:

The power armor still works, there's just an environmental gimmick in certain zones that makes it not work. But the DLC specific weapons and armor are better anyway. It's also significantly harder than the main game so if you're out of practice you'll probably get thrashed.

IIRC there was a much harder enemy at the entrance after you climbed up a cliff compared to what you were usually facing in that area before, as kinda a way to get people to stay away and come back later when you've leveled up.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bro check out these graphics.

When did dame judi dench do a videogame?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Vikar Jerome posted:

it came out, people played it, the plot didnt go anywhere but the character stuff was good and the walking around doing shenmue stuff was good and the vibes were good and now we're waiting for shenmue 4 that he hinted at since he was do finished it with 4 but ideally 5. but then they announced a shenmue anime so

I was very hyped for 3, did the kickstarter, and was so underwhelmed by everything because in-between paying for the kickstarter and getting the game I got really into the yakuza series and learned "oh, this is exactly what I wanted from shenmue in the first place"

Now I think getting a yakuza style game set in 1980s Hong Kong would be very cool, somebody do that

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

morallyobjected posted:

Disco plays great on the latest patch

I seemed to be crashing more for me with 1.05, and I would need to reload more often because the game would take forever to "re-center" itself after conversations, before I could move again. I just have to try getting 3 vision quests done and then I got the plat.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Taiwan PS Plus is getting Coffee Talk instead of Stranded Deep for this month. Looks to be a visual novel. Anyone ever play it before?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

kirbysuperstar posted:

It has some insanely ham fisted fantasy racism poo poo and somehow manages to be a bad clone of already awful game Valhalla

:hmmyes:

sounds like what I expect in my head every visual novel to be. I'll check it out for free then.

edit: literally the third line in the game is talking about the end of the race wars lol

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 6, 2021

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

kirbysuperstar posted:

god I loved my poison puking SK so much lmao

lol good luck

trip report: it was dumb, apparently there is a trophy to just do latte art for an hour so I'll do that last. It did make me want a nice cup of coffee though. [spoiler]Also you're a time traveler for some reason and it has an -All You Zombies- ending or something[/spoiler[

This is not the dumbest platinum I'll have, but near the lower end of the spectrum.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Weedle posted:

me: can we stop and get daniel craig?
mom: we have daniel craig at home
daniel craig at home:

The ethereality of this picture...unnerving

edit: aw gently caress new page, post content.....uh...I got the platinum in Disco Elysium yesterday, and even after playing it a month it may be in my top 20 games ever?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

PS5 thread is just as good as the PS4 thread, if not better. The discourse is far more diverse in that thread and there are a lot of new posters. the threads should be combined at this point imo

only when the ps4 stores stops having sales can you call it truly dead

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

someone tell this to the PS3 thread lol

you tell it to the tumbleweeds

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Corpse Killer: 25th anniversary edition is on sale for the first time in the US store.

And guess what, it sucks, and this is a coming from a person who has the Night Trap platinum.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The PS+ version is specifically barred from being upgraded to the PS5 one

It's going to cause a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth next month

meh, just buy it if you want it

I'm on chapter 9 now and I'm glad I waited a year, even if I like it. The voice acting is so much better than I ever thought it would be, I'm so used to terrible JRPG voice acting. You get a much better sense of Aerith's character.

Just beat up a monster house that I don't remember from the original but its been almost 20 years since I played that

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

MechaSeinfeld posted:

the logo for the sega AM2 is so good

it was that japanese city pop style and now that's come back around to be cool again

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Redezga posted:

I'm playing the PS4 version in Australia on a slim PS4 and have had no issues yet after a couple of long sessions with the game.

If you mean control-wise, it feels a bit weird at first with DS4 and isn't well explained but after a bit of time it felt just fine.

It took a month but most of the crashing has stopped, but the longer you play you'll still get the weird camera slowdown (after clicking something/dialogue, the camera takes several slow seconds to recenter itself around you) but that is much better than when it used to start happening after playing for 10 minutes.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

don't worry, I would be a middling Lion with or without rollback

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

god i miss the VF4 vanilla menu feel and music, simply THE BEST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wvHvmAvFgM&t=147s

that ripple effect is a classic PS2 era show-off effect and the sound effects and character select music are godlike

I like to call it the "Wave Race" effect

And VF4 may be the best looking 20 year old game

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Gutcruncher posted:

I think he did Blinx The Timesweeper too

Edit: Also chu chu rocket, so he can peel the skin off a living baby live on TV and I would still like the guy

ah blinx, a game only possible on the xbox because of its harddrive. The killer app for the xbox in japan, with blinx as the cute mascot the japanese love.

I remember learning all these things about blinx on gamefaqs in 2002.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

elden ring, psh, why play that when you can play corpse killer 25th anniversary

this isn't as good as night trap

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I miss Bust Rodds Cuphead avatar

pulling up pants in heaven now

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

How many of those people just save scum'd like me to get all three endings or really beat it three times?

And I should ask here because I can't choose: After I beat R&C (2016) what game should I play next: Spiderman 1, Knack 2, or Days Gone?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I will continue to post here because I don't plan on getting a PS5 until there is a pro.

I played through Erica yesterday, I liked that. Very dumb story though.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

My poor rarest trophy selection, gone. I used to have a nice diverse selection of trophies from several different games. Now Virtua Fighter has pushed them all out.

Everyone here should play more Virtua Fighter, is what I'm saying.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Vikar Jerome posted:

most impressive.

This was not trying to just brag about this, I really liked having a variety of games there. Rock Band 4, Cities Skylines, Trackmania...all very different. That Trackmania one, which is still 6 levels away from the top, was a hell of alot harder to do than VF, which was just keep playing until you get it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

if I have the chance to get a cheap vita, should I do it?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm not in the US and wasn't really thinking about hacking it either...so no?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Don’t get it then. Only reason to buy one is to hack it.

Well I was thinking about buying one because I saw one for cheap in a store a couple months ago, and I just spent an hour trying to send up to get a second vaccine shot and failed so I need to wait a whole week to try again, so I wanted to soothe my anger in spending, but the store apparently sold it a couple weeks ago.

The world doesn't want me to get a vita

Edit: it was a slim for 80usd so it wasn't a huge purchase, and apparently a great deal

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jul 16, 2021

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

the absolute state of PS+

blew their budget on ff7

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'll play Tennis World Tour 2

I still break out Virtua Tennis 4 on the PS3 sometimes, and have played someone online at least... 3 years ago?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I haven't liked a Zelda game released this century.

Yes that means Majora's Mask too. Haven't played BotW but I don't think it will wow me. w

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Sakurazuka posted:

Wind Waker came out first

It was actually started by Jet Set Radio though

Fear Effect erasure in a PS thread? What the hell

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

VideoGames posted:

I have not had a chicken parmo from a shop before, nope. I have made them for myself not realising that is what they are called.:)

The other day I made Breaked Potatoes which are what I call these small bread rolls that I toast, slice down the middle like a baked potato, then I put ham or pastrami, mozarella cheese, butter and green tabasco in the middle and then bake them a little longer until it is all melted.

Also yes. I come from down south so my accent is a little posher than most!

you invented a hot pocket

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I Am Dead, from the creator of Hohokum, launched on PS4/PS5...it was previously a Switch/PC exclusive.

I'll be picking this up next week! Anybody played it?

https://twitter.com/A_i/status/1424767951840763904

hehehe, dick Hogg

game looks cool too

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

You haven't lived until you're trying to play Virtua fighter 5 online on your vita through remote play because your mother in law wants to watch the news

Hades also not so good that way

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

fridge corn posted:

I'm not sure where I stand in this conversation lemme quickly confer with the translators and linguists i talk to very often

My stepmom worked with many translators and in the language training center at the UN and she she says alot of what they do came be summed up as "well, we tried our best"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yeah I should have mentioned it is for things like that, not for official documents and such, those need legalese poo poo in them.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I have so much on my gaming plate, I may have to join the backlog thread....Disco Elysium, 13 Sentinels, Great Ace Attorney...

Plus the Judgment sequel comes out this week!

:homebrew:

backlog. backlog never changes

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Nice I'm getting free SotN from PS Plus and all I had to do was be in Asia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Man the Panzer Dragoon remake should of cost five dollars originally because it kinda blows, and they have a trophy to play 100 hours in a one hour game.

Why did I buy this when I have Rez and that is just better