Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

As with all the others I said, if you have have easy access to the money of the new region, it's no problem at all.

Compared to the last time I moved between countries its like night and day. Almost everyone is on the bandwagon except the PSN and oddly, Amazon.

The only issue is that DLC for a game needs to be bought on the store region that the game was bought on, and it won't warn you about that, so you could totally buy worthless DLC by accident. Also if the game has some internal way to buy DLC and you're playing it under an other region account, it won't work right.

Bloodborne+DLC is called complete for NA and GOTY in EU. I might just wait since they do have different store entries depending on region.

Healbot posted:

Steam does not let you buy from other regions unless you are physically there, you can at best have some friend from other regions gift you stuff.

I can buy keys from amazon.com with my fictional US adress and they activate just fine and you can use a VPN to buy from US Steam store page. They don't really care as long as you don't do it frecuently or touch the russian zone since they have waaaay cheaper prices.

Like Deadpool on PC via amazon.com had a 15% off and translated to € was like 28€ compared to the 49.99€ in Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh, gently caress that then. On Xbox360 had a similar experience with Black Ops 1. I bought the game from play.co.uk years ago because they had a cheaper deluxe edition and had to buy the UK DLC all the way to work with my UK copy. I did that because for some reason the spanish DVD only had french and german languages but not english. Fortunately that isn't an issue with PSN since I have set my system language to english (but still spanish region) and even if I buy from the spanish store, all games play in english just fine.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Welp then I really should step up and play 0 before they start rolling remakes and new games then. I watched a bit of a LP of 0 and gives me Saints Row 2/3 vibes with wacky japanese stuff and I like that.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I know Titanfall 2 has been praised in this thread and the SP looks cool by reviews too. I'm thinking on getting it on this sale but I'm wondering if any of the DLC is worth it if I plan to play the SP and maybe, maaaaaaybe a bit of MP. It's 26€ for normal and 30 for Deluxe (I know 4€ isn't much but the DLC looks like just cosmetic poo poo).

The other option is to get The Witcher 3 GOTY for 25€ and have content for who knows how long. Or just get both because what the hell while a wait for Yakuza 0 and Nioh get a small sale before this summer... drat decisions...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yeah I figured about TF2 dropping more soonish. I'm enjoying Destiny right now and have tons of content still to play, I own Doom, have UC3 and 4 pending and still beating God of War 3 HD. I doubt that TW3 will drop more than 50% and looks like a great game to spend time until this summer. At the other hand TF2 is 62% off, and is not likely to drop more until at least black friday (and I'd only save like 8€). Hell I might just buy both and keep my backlog growing :getin:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I pretty much ignored Titanfall 1. Now I'm playing TF2's SP and it's loving smooth, fast and drat fun. I'm on a slim and it has drat stable framerate and looks drat pretty.

Also got The Witcher 3 GOTY so I'm set for months now :getin:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Crossposting from the videogame thread:

Guillermus posted:

Question regarding Armored Core games on the 360 (or PS3). I'm about to buy Armored Core 4, For Answer and V used via ebay. Is it worth to play all three or is there a "X is the best, ignore the other two"?

Edit: For clarification, I want to buy AC4, AC For Answer and AC V, but I see there's a Veredict day too, is it an upgraded version of V or a different game?

Should I get all 4 games or can I safely ignore some? I really really want to play a mecha game badly on my 360.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So 4 and For Answer then? From what I read For Answer is better but I'm getting both for like 15€ so it isn't that much anyways.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

There are definitely people that prefer 4A, kinda depends on how much you like the Arms Forts. They're a cool spectacle but I never found them much fun to fight, and thought 4A was worse for its focus on them. Its worth playing both of them if you're into AC though.

Thanks for the advice, I ended getting both 4 and 4A for 13€ total including shipping wich seems a decent deal. I'm no short of games to play but have a mech itch and well, I love FROM games so what can go wrong?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess that's a good point. I consume so much power in big things that I hadn't thought about all the little things very much.

That number is kind of crazy though; the only devices I have that have a sleep mode are my PS4, PC and my TV draws a little bit I guess? Do other people have way more?

I'm not following you.

I have the same, my pc, my ps4 and the tv I have it plugged on. My 360 is unplugged, same with the Wii and I don't even leave chargers plugged.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seriously, I can't get used to Sony not pushing PSPlus free games the first day of the month like Xbox Live Gold. It is drat weird to not even know wich games will be this month.

Edit: Looks like Disc Jam and Teraway. Not too hot again meh.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 2, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I played the Disc Jam beta and wasn't impressed. Teraway is yet another indie game that I'll never play. Sony has nice sales but they didn't give a single decent game since I subscribed to PSPlus in December.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So I just played the "House contruction factory" part in Titanfall 2 and it has the best platforming in a FPS game ever. It also helps that I like almost all guns like the pistol shotgun with three barrels, it's a little big "gently caress you" up close.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That's the HD revenge of Nintendo. Seriously, I have a TV with a 360, Wii, chromecast and a Bluray with HDD and have no issues :psyduck:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just beat Titanfall 2 campaign. God drat what a great game. Good platforming, good shooting, it is a better Singularity than Singularity and looks amazing. I may even play some MP now.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Huge digital (and double discount if you have PSPlus) going on. Gonna be easy to hit the 50€ mark to get 10€ back on April.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is there any web that let's you search through PSN deals easier? For instance, you can still get some EA deals but they don't show anymore on the main page or price reductions unless you look after an exact title.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but I use PS Prices, though it doesn't update right away so you might need to wait until later in the day or the next day for all the current prices to show.

It's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!

Also that NMS update looks really cool and for 15€ seems to be the right price for that game in my opinion.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 8, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Things I got on my shopping cart right now:

Metal Slug Antology 7.99€
Duke Nukem 3D World tour 6.99€
Broforce 3.99€
Terraria 3.99€
Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY 14.99€
No Man's Sky 15.99€

All of these make up for 54€ (enough for the 10€ cash back in April). Any suggestions on what to add/remove? I kind of want to try MGSV: Ground Zeroes and is dirt cheap (3.99€).

Games I own (as guide) are Titanfall 2, Destiny, The Witcher 3 GOTY, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2, all Uncharted games, Doom...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm going to admit my error underestimating Disc Jam, the thing is drat fun (even better in doubles!). Need to play a bit the other free games but this one is well worth it.

I finally picked up Broforce and runs well enough and being couch co-op capable is a plus. DA:I, Duke3d, Metal Slug, MSGV:GZ and some other stuff was enough to get over 50€.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

PS4 Doom is like 80gb same as the PC version right?

I can confirm that it is 80Gb yes. The enemies have huge guts, the game has huge guts. You have 80gb of guts to rip and tear... RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT'S DONE!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The DLC's are exclusively for multiplayer. If you don't care about it, just go with the cheapest option for PS4 (I'm sure it'll hit 20$ on PSN store soon) but you can find it for 20 retail already.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I own it on PC (played it on high, not ultra) and it looks really nice on PS4 too. Sometimes I just want to play some snapmap on the couch and well, buying Doom twice isn't a bad idea because... Doom... is good.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

all of my 360 controllers had stick drift. i guess its just my luck to get the only broken 360 controllers ever

edit: ive never had a controller straight up break in any context tho what the gently caress are you doing with your controllers dude

I still have two Xbox360 wireless controllers from like 2008 with one having a slight loose stick (but doesn't register imput so it's fine) and a wired ome on my PC. I've played thousands of hours and they work fine. At the other hand my xbone controller with only 500 hours of DS2 and the first hundred of DS3 has a broken RB so I can't attack...

Gamepads are a hell of a thing and I only ever broke a PS2 one I used on my PC years ago, and well, a 1st gen Xbone one.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I got GR Wildlands because some coworkers are playing it and... I got hooked. The game isn't going to blow any mind but if you like FC3/4 open world, taking outposts, great weapon customization and a Just Cause 2 feel (yes, you can slap C4 on a car and drive it to a building), you can enjoy Wildlands. I'm sure that repetition can kill this game but the shooting is actually nice and you can drive/pilot anything wich is a plus. I'm mixing it with God of War III and some Destiny so I feel like I have content for a looong time.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Video Nasty posted:

The amount of ballistic details on some things is still impressing the hell out of me. Shooting at a fire extinguishers, packages of bottled water, some poker chips on a table, tires on cars, birds, just about every object has a unique reaction to it being struck. :allears:

One of my favourite things is a stat like penetration actually matters on certain weapons. Shooting a 7.62 rifle with certain amount of said stat will let you hit someone behind not only one, but two brick walls or even a small tree. The shooting feels a lot like BF4 in a good way. Bullet drop and traveling is a thing to take into account.

Wildlands may look your average Ubisoft open world but it has really nice touches and the fact that even after you "clear" a region from primary and secondary missions, you still have enemies to fight is really cool. Something more like FC2 but without the insane instant respawn.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Coughing Hobo posted:

Here's a quick recap of what you need to know leading into Nier: Automata:

• Magic is introduced into the world. Everyone dies.
  • The hero from Nier inadvertantly destroys a system intent on reviving humanity after magic disease runs its course. Everyone dies.
  • Aliens invade using robots. Everyone dies.
  • Humans escape to the moon, create androids to fight alien robots on Earth. Everyone dies.
  • 14 Machine Wars and 10,000 years later, 2Butt decides enough is enough and it's time to fight for the glory of mankind. Events of Nier: Automata. Everyone dies.

That does better than that video to be honest. I couldn't understand much after 10 minutes but from what I see on gameplay videos it looks drat fun. 2017 is a great year for videogames god drat.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

Hmmm, Doom for 15 euro as the deal of the week. But I just bought the previous deal of the week...

I own Doom retail but still got it digital so I don't even need to swap discs. Retail looks awesome with the alternate design on my shelf.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

My dad gives yours...

My dad can take your dad? Something like that?

I'm spanish and that's an ad that is all around here for some reason. It says "My dad is stronger than yours" then God of War "Happy father's day".

I think it's really cool and I hope they give more information, exclusives pushed me to get a PS4 and this one is yet another purchase for me.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sorry, I meant that I'm spanish and that's an ad that it's actually in here, in Spain ,in most major cities like Madrid, Seville (where I live) and so.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Being honest, I rather play as Kratos than the kid unless you make the kid a murdering machine that dismembers huge monsters. It's what I want from a God of War game.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Bell_ posted:

That's a level of :shepface: that surpasses :shepface:

If the previous games generated tons of smilies (and :shepface: is my favourite) this one is aiming to beat that mark, just the awful face animations are priceless for tons of gifs.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm feeling lucky that both I don't know what Blasto is (or was) and wasn't interested at all in ME:A when I loved ME 1 and 2 (still have to play 3).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I might just run again ME2 with the ME1 save game creator (if that thing is still around) on PC, so I can play ME3 wich I purchased two years ago for 7€ on Origin. I don't even remember that I owned it but hey, one of the hundreds of games I purchased and forgot about it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

What's a good brand for an external drive for my PS4? I've always had Toshiba or WD for my computers and never got issues with them so far.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yes, i was thinking on 2.5" HDDs of course. I don't see the advantage of having a desktop HDD with external supply when It's going to be plugged via USB 3.0.

Edit: when is supposed PS Store to update the deal of the week, tuesdays? It's 21:20 in here (GMT+1) and still has Doom.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 21, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

There's a big sale on PSN (EU at least) with only PS4 exclusives. Will this sale last long enough to get my 10€ discount code on april? I'm still getting used about how long sales last on PSN.

Now, another round of questions regarding the games I have some interest present on this sale:

-The Last of us remastered: not questioning if I should get it because is one of the games I aimed to get when I purchased my PS4. For 15€ is a no-brainer.
-Until Dawn: I have little idea about this game and didn't spoil myself. But, is it an interactive adventure with different endings or a QTE game with just focus on the plot? Curious about it (don't mind spoilers to be honest at this point). 16.49€ right now.
-The Order 1886: I only watched some trailers back before release and what I read is that it is short and loads of cutscenes, how bad is it for 10€?
-Killzone Shadow Fall: I only played the very first Killzone on PS2 and Killzone on PSP (wich was an amazing top-down shooter) but know nothing about this one.
-Helldivers: Does it have good SP (and even co-op) content? Looks fun but from the little I know, the community has an impact on the game.
-Alienation: Space ARPG, looks nice too and I wouldn't mind something like Grim Dawn or Diablo in space but no goon spoke about it at all (reviews are positive).

loving hell with these sales, it's gonna be hard to keep up and still have to buy HZD and Nioh for this summer.

Edit: Just as I post PSN seems down, dammn it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

morallyobjected posted:

Until Dawn is good and does some cool things with the motion sensor as opposed to bad things with the motion sensor. as other people have said, it's a playable teen horror B-movie, so if you'd spend that much on that kind of entertainment, then go for it

If you're not going to play multiplayer for Helldivers, it's honestly not worth getting, imo. you can do the missions solo, but they're generally a slog that way and it's much more fun with a party of four. the multiplayer is all co-op PvE.

I can wait on Until Dawn since I read a bit about it and I'm not really into interactive horror movies right now, I might get it for a fun romp or two later in the year.

Helldivers discarded, I wanted more focus on SP and even co-op.

Any word on Alienation having better single player content?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Well, beat Uncharted 3 and with this, the original trilogy is done.

I've written previously about what I didn't like about UC1 and 2 and 3 suffers from the exact same issues (my opinion) wich is garbage shooting mechanics. Melee doesn't help as it's slower always than a simple bullet on the head. Again, they HAD to put a lot of enemies with helmets and the whole "I'm tripping balls section and I see Ghost Riders everywhere" is pretty much one of the worst parts of UC3. Sure, in a game where you can headshot someone once and get done with a lovely gunfight, why not put enemies that require several of them and warp around to make this even worse.

Not everything is bad in my opinion and voice acting and the actual plot are really really good. Is just the controls that are awful and clunky after three games is what makes me think that Naugty Dog can't code for poo poo good controls and shooting. Art direction, music and the rest are top notch but makes me think that there's something wrong when I just want to hear Sully and Nate talk to each other and try to power through the awful gameplay. Trying to roll from a red laser and suddenly get stick to a wall, then trying to roll from a grenade, sticking to melee with someone that threw a grenade to the feet and not being to escape from the explosion is bad. Enemies hitboxes aren't working properly if they run towards you as sometimes headshots don't register or they give no imput at getting four bodyshots with an AR.

I played Tomb Raider 2013 and I expected something like that in the first three games but I found that the gameplay was boring while I enjoyed a lot the music, plot and again, the amazing voice acting. I don't know if I can compare this three games with the first three Gears of War since they were Microsoft's flagship (along with Halo series) but UC feel kinda short if you have to pick a better trilogy for the previous generation.

Now I'll give some weeks before going into UC4 to avoid getting exhausted from the series and I hope that they polished combat well enough since the rest is pretty much amazing.

So far since December I've beaten a good bunch of games on my PS4 since I got it and I'm in love with this console, so many good games to play.

Beaten:
-Uncharted
-Uncharted 2
-Uncharted 3
-Bloodborne (twice and keep going)
-Titanfall 2 (the SP is a goddamn masterpiece)
-God of War 3 Remastered
-Doom
-Dark Souls 2 SOTFS

In progress:
-Destiny (well, it's an MMO so not really going to "beat" it)
-Ghost Recon Wildlands

Upcoming:
-The Witcher 3 GOTY
-The Last of Us
-Uncharted 4
-Dragon Age: Inquisition

On my wishlist to buy:
-Yakuza 0
-Horizon Zero Dawn
-Nioh
-Nier:A but I know that I'll end getting it next year sonsidering what I have still to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Games are good this thread is bad

This thread is great if you compare it to the xbone one. At least in here we talk about videogames (because the PS4 actually has good videogames).