Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
On my way to bed going around spilling beer on all my ds4s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

acksplode posted:

I want to be interested in Persona 5, it looks cool as poo poo for a JRPG, but I think I'm just done with JRPGs as a genre. I'm having to drag myself through Nier:A despite enjoying the combat and story. I just can't put up with fetch quests and grinding and constrained exploration in static worlds anymore. Classic FF-style turn-based battle is not appealing at all (though I did really like how later FF 12 and 13 overhauled battle mechanics). I loved JRPGs as a kid and looking back I'm pretty sure I was putting up with all their trappings because they were the only genre of game that was capable of building a world and telling a sprawling story within it.

You should give it a shot. I thought the first few minutes or maybe hour were a little shaky but it got good quick and just keeps getting better. I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of my all time favorite games.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's definitely in my top 5 at least and I'm not even halfway through. I feel like it may even end up being #1

I'm only halfway through because one of the dungeons was winding me up pretty tight and I wanted a break so I started another save file and wound up sticking with that one. After ng+ it's going to be like 200 hours lol

Anyway I met some of the offensive stereotypes and they just seemed like regular old drag queens.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Lakbay posted:

I'm on a turn based RPG high after Persona 5 and Cosmic Star Heroine, did Darkest Dungeon ever get that less grindy mode for its PS4 version? I asked in the main DD thread but it got buried under strat chat

DD isn't great. I was hoping that radiant mode was going to make it fun to play but whether or not PS4 got that patch the main draw is still the grimy squashed Cthulhu look and the books on tape guy voiceover.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Why do people in Games do that?

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
All the biggest feels in nier are at the end, and if you don't love it you can skip all the side stuff and make it a pretty short game. While I'm posting I came across the shinjuku homosexuals for the second time and got to really spend some time looking at their outfits and idle animations and let me say the people calling them offensive are actually 100% correct, please excuse me.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ryuji is a gigantic terrible fuckboy and easily the worst of the Junpei/Yosuke archtype.

I love when he hollers a lot in a really throaty voice after a fight, he has the best animation for coming over to see what's in the chest you're opening, he has a cool role in the gang. Ryuji ftw. I liked junpei too

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Pablo Gigante posted:

Uh it's just cool to talk about games and how they work

Ya definitely but outright saying how to cheese a superboss/solve a puzzle boss is lame, especially in this case where it seems like something that would happen naturally. I was prob. going to give that fight a shot this weekend and that's exactly where I'm at in the game.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I have a weird issue. I was playing Persona 5 earlier just fine until I got called away to do something else. Came back to it and my L1 button is now constantly activated. I've reset the console and tried reloading the save but L1 is just in a constant state of being pressed.

The actual button on the controller is clicking just fine and nothing feels broken so I'm not entirely sure what's causing this. Any suggestions?

This happened to me & I looked for fixes but wound up buying a new controller.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

an actual dog posted:

I didn't really like Persona 5 overall but the opening owns. I mean it's part VN this is what you signed up for.

Man the first half hour was about the only thing I didn't like about p5, that and the Devil link probably. Unless you're talking about the animation that plays before the title screen, which is epic

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
The other day it was too hot to do anything but lie there so I played mahjongg for like five hours. I'm going to be the #1 mahjongg player in the world in kamurocho in 1988

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
I'm sincerely trying my best to solve the mystery and save all the teens in until dawn and I am loving it up really badly, just ruining everything. What a mess

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Futaba's got the Roland medal in my save. Stats Goons

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
The game part of Pyre is really fun and it's interesting to me that the whole thing is bizarro world The Banner Saga

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
If it isn't clear what I'm talking about, excuse the double post, in The Banner Saga you're rolling around with your big-horned companions with Depression in a wagon around fossilized mile-high skeletons of like Nidhogg or Fafnir or somesuch picked out in olive drab, Pyre has all that stuff but it's much faster and everything is yellow and cyan and the skeleton has sunglasses and dreadlocks.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
The classic console pod skins were cool.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Someone said it's a hanging and it does kind of look that way. It's weird though because the contraption has a bone and the rope looks all bloody and there's a knife or a woodworking tool jammed in the background with scrawls or something all over it, and it sounds like it's raining. I'd like it to be a different setting. Is there really baccarat in Yak Zero?

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Nier A doesn't require any outside explanation. Maybe some games do but you can just play that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Fix posted:

Christ, you're insufferable.

For what it's worth though, I feel like I was right. For some reason I let the lot of you badger me into playing through a credits shooting sequence not only once, but twice (to make sure that I wasn't doing it wrong when deciding to do the message at the end) and I gotta say that I was in a happier place merely making my selection and enjoying the end of the story than I was in a bullet hell with Squeenix's Business division.

Thank you for playing.