Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I hated both ds3 dlc's. the bosses sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

o no the dlc was way worse about that. friede did it twice

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

friede is like the worst boss in the series

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I know, we've argued about ds3 before

the bosses of the dlc take a bunch of stuff I don't like in the base game of ds3 and cranking them up to 11. the areas in the first dlc are boring and in the second they're beyond annoying. I was really hopeful for the dlc since they'd always been better than the base games before, but I couldn't have been more disappointed

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can prob skip all of the david cage games before the latest one, which is apparently good

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not on ps4 tho afaik

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ah I see. well that one might be worth playing just for how stupid it gets

wouldn't call it a great game, but it is an interesting one

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Is there a way to send codes and gifts to other users?

send a psn message with the code in it. there's no way to directly send a gift to someone

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the psn store sucks tbh

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Needed to jump back on this as I just read it and what the gently caress how can someone be so wrong about Souls bosses.

it's very bad friend

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

just idle in the office while you do something else and get your money rewards every few minutes or so. that's how I did it. it'd be much better if you didn't have to exit the real estate menu for time to pass tho

Policenaut posted:

I like the new Dragon Engine EXP system because it rewards you for exploring all the different content. So you get THIS kind of EXP for playing these games but doing THIS kind of combat gets you that kind. Yakuza 0's kind of gets busted once Mr. Shakedown enters things and you can crush those ability boards in a day.

actually you'll find that it rewards you for making all of the restaurants in kamurocho filthy rich. eating is such an easy and fast source of exp

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Holy cow what a bad post.

thanks for your input

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

a shitpost deserves a shitpost :shrug:

lol dude it's my opinion. it's one thing if you disagree or want to defend the boss but it's hard to engage with "your opinion is wrong" posts

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's unfortunate to hear it's still got problems, but they at least fixed the save thing right?

tho speaking of crashing, I tried out xcom 2 for the first time after getting it on ps+ a while ago and I'm surprised they haven't fixed some of this stuff. like how it hitches up for a second every time you choose an action or how framey it can get. stopped playing after it crashed

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cattywampus posted:

Yakuza Kiwami 1+2 are essentially remakes of the first two Yakuza games, right?

As someone who is completely new to the series should I start with Kiwami 1, or Yakuza 0?

start with 0. it's a prequel and a better game than kiwami besides

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

doom had mp dlc but it's free now. no sp stuff I think

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hot take or whatever but DOOM was like a handful of tweaks away from being a really awesome old school/modern blend mp FPS.

it was just a bit too long for me. if they'd trimmed it down 2-3 hours or had a bit more variety towards the end, it'd be perfect

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

I do feel like 10 hours is the perfect length for an average fps single player campaign though. I think my DOOOOM playthrough was closer to 12-13.

tru tru

never actually tried the mp. how many people could even be playing it at this point? can't be a lot

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I generally don't find hard modes fun in games. at least not in your standard aaa title since they usually just make you die faster and enemies harder to kill

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I'm never going to finish all these games.

believe in yourself

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nothing fills me with joy in Yakuza quite like finding a Bicycle or motorcycle in the combat area. It's my go-to problem solver with Beast Style.

yea hitting someone with a motorcycle is exactly as effective as you'd think

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the january plus games are pretty underwhelming this year huh

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm pretty sure that Resident Evil HD remaster was free eventually

yea that was on plus a while back

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've been playing the whole kingdom hearts series this month and I think I'm going insane

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they introduce themselves a lot

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lmao kingdom hearts dream drop distance literally has the red dragon bridge from demon's souls

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I changed my mind, the worst part about Witcher 3 is that John Witcher's horse is named Roach, and has been forever, and not Roche, after his good friend and fellow rear end in a top hat Vernon Roche.

roach is what he always named his horses in the books. vernon roche is a game original character, and not even from the first game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like kingdom hearts 3 a lot so far but the tangled world is just about the worst version of "let's just retell the movie's story" that I've seen in the series so far. and I played basically the entire thing over the past month

the world usually at least makes sense if you haven't seen the movie, but tangled just skips details all over the place and it was real weird

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbh olympus was like the best movie rehash the series has ever done and it actually felt earned and made some sense after the previous games. it also wasn't trying to be 1-1 like tangled was. only problem I had with it was that they clearly couldn't get danny devito back to voice phil and so he never got any lines. should have just not had him show up

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a blast so far but the worlds are either these great romps with your favorite characters through a brand new adventure OR a rehash of the movie while Sora is kept busy with some bullshit that doesn't matter. It's weird how stark the difference is, like there's only the two options.

this game can be way worse about how it handles the rehashes than before. maybe it's down to how long the worlds are because they try and cram as much of the movies in as they can and it feels like they try to keep the scenes almost 1-1 where possible. sora and the gang feel like even more of a third wheel than normal

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 11, 2019

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

man I thought metro was coming out way later than this. really hope that game lives up to my expectations but I prob won't be able to get it for a while

RareAcumen posted:

I play whatever game I'm in the mood for at the time. I've never had a problem swapping to another game before aside from just batteries or not having charged something, personally.

Also, if anyone's playing KH3 here's info that might explain how weird things can feel from world to world. Also, at one point in the article there's a header called Every Confirmed KH3 World and there's screenshots so heads up if you don't wanna get spoiled on that.

that's too bad but not really that surprising. now that I've played through arendelle, I bet the frozen people were a nightmare to work with. at least in tangled the main cast and the movie cast get to coexist for more than like 1 scene

I wish the movie people had a more hands off approach to the story stuff since the retread worlds are generally the worst ones in every game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the ps+ games for march ain't half bad. wanted to play the witness for a while now. not a huge cod guy but I am curious how modern warfare holds up

Sakurazuka posted:

Kingsglaive from a technical standpoint probably has the best CGI I've ever seen.

it's very pretty and some of the fights are cool

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Og nier's ost is still my fav by far but automata has tracks that deffo rank with it

Oxxidation posted:

most of automata's best tracks are remixes of nier's

these are both true. if you liked automata's soundtrack, you should def check the first game's out. there's a nice remix album too

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rip psn, that's kinda annoying

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

death stranding having urination and baby soothing mechanics just makes it sound like a yakuza game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

darksiders 3 and arkham knight are both games I was interested in but not enough to buy so I'm real happy to get them from ps+. good month