Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TG-Chrono posted:

Uncharted 4 is overrated

Actually, no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ineffiable posted:

Serious question, does playing on easy in ffxv invalid any trophies? Thinking about doing it so I don't have to spend too much time retry information fights buy I'll deal with it on normal because I like seeing trophies as an indicator of progress.

There's a trophy for beating the final boss on normal. That's it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CharlestheHammer posted:

It doesn't matter whether what you said was bad or good it was a lazy way to try and defend uncharted mediocre gameplay.

lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Last of Us rules

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In my experience people who don't like Uncharted really don't like Uncharted.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think Nier just softlocked on me, the game froze and displayed the message "Loading map..." and it's been like that for a few minutes. Don't wanna go to the thread because it's probably the seventh circle of spoiler hell but that sucks. Game doesn't have an autosave so while I won't lose that much progress it's kind of annoying.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nier is so good, holy poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Persona is a JRPG series about teenagers who use the special power of Personas to fight Shadows while simultaneously making time to socialize with their friends and classmates in dating sim-lite scenes. There are typically heavy themes of the occult and Jungian psychology.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Persona is bad, is what I'm saying

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They were right, it was.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm only five hours into Horizon so it hasn't totally grabbed me yet, but Nier is fuckin' aces.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Liam O'Brien is so good in the first Nier

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nier's story is legitimately amazing and reading the LP at the very least is probably worth your time.

Scorps posted:

Yakuza 0 looks like GTA mixed with Dynasty Warriors-esque combat, how accurate is that? I'm about to finish up Horizon, still have Nier waiting for me when I finish but now being tempted by Yakuza as well after watching a few clips

Yakuza 0 isn't really all that much like GTA.

For one, it's actually a good game with a good sense of humor :v:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The most driving you do in Yakuza 0 is when you play OutRun

And then there's Yakuza 5, which includes the most accurate driving simulator ever produced in a video game. It's like the loving inverse of GTA. You have to signal.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The lipsync is eh but the voices in Automata are real good

e: There's sadly no one that stands out as much as Liam O'Brien, Laura Bailey, or Jamieson Price did in the first game, but that's a high loving bar and it does have Ray Chase once again proving he's an insanely versatile VA.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh wait, I forgot that DC Douglas is your pod, he's always great

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Horizon looks amazing on a normal PS4, but I haven't put that much time into it.

Nier is loving amazing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's worth noting that Nier is pretty forgiving in terms of difficulty. The enemies hit hard but you can equip auto-heal items and the dodge window is extremely wide.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm gonna stop gushing over Nier after this, but I just got Ending B and it made me so excited to play more Nier. It's crazy that I'm thinking about my game of the year this early and before Persona comes out but Nier is easily the best game I've played yet this year.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Manatee Cannon posted:

the c path is way better than a or b imo, so you still have even better stuff ahead of you

Yeah I've been told that, it's just that the "Preview" was so different from my expectations that it blew my mind

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

How would he even see them through the Emil Mask? . The man went on record saying "I really like girls " :shrug:

I was at the PAX panel where he said that, and watching him have to be helped get on stage it's clear he can't see poo poo out of that thing.

Dude owns.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Most of the praise for voice acting was for original Nier.

But Automata's really isn't bad by any stretch.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

veni veni veni posted:

What's the goon recommended difficulty for Nier? I was thinking hard but no lock on sounds dumb.

I've been playing on Normal and it's been fine. It's not a super hard game but enemies do a lot of damage nonetheless.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Honestly I couldn't play without auto-heal and heal after a few seconds, it's so goddamn handy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

For those of you who are playing Automata in Japanese, the English VA is very good but also I'm running into the occasional bit of dialogue that's unsubbed in the English version at least (during the hacking sequences). It's not frequent, but it's worth noting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Peel posted:

I didn't like the eng dub in the Nier demo, is it representative?

I didn't like it much either in the demo but I got used to it fairly quickly and I actually like it a fair bit now.

Sakurazuka posted:

Does it actually fail all your quests? I got to a bit where it forces you to do the main plot line and all the sidequest markers disappeared but they were back after I finished that bit.

There's a bit a bit later on from that that does lock you out of the sidequests for the rest of that playthrough. All I'll say about that is, keep playing the game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Manatee Cannon posted:

well I'm near the end of the 3rd playthrough, so

Keep playing the game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've only gotten one gag ending and it's kind of a bummer that I haven't seen more, though in retrospect there's probably a few choices I could have made to get weird side endings.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just stumbled into the last ending of Nier and that game's loving amazing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

By like the middle of playthrough 2 I was hooked by the general tone and weirdness of the thing, and the story really ramps up from there until the last ending, which is just amazing.

It's kind of a whole picture thing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

precision posted:

So far it's also the first Platinum game I've played that isn't full of insane bullshit (I still love Vanquish but daaaaaaaaamn)

Nier is jam-packed with insane bullshit, what are you talking about

It's great insane bullshit but still

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Manatee Cannon posted:

after ending c, you can straight up buy the trophies for the ingame currency in nier from the machine head girl in the resistance camp

I don't want to do this but I'd legit have to replay the game for the rest of the trophies and I really want to be able to sacrifice myself

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Manatee Cannon posted:

also after ending c, you unlock a chapter select. you don't have to play the game over from the beginning; just pick whatever chapter you need something from. save before you use it and you lose nothing

The issue is I can't die in the opening because I take 1 damage from everything now, so I would actually need to restart.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe 6 hours in? Soon after 9S says "jeez going back all the way we came is a pain".

Yeah, just don't do side quests until you get it, it's nuts.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Samurai Sanders posted:

You can also afaik do any of the side quests in any of the playthroughs so take your time on them.

Nah, there's some that are exclusive to certain playthroughs. Until you get the chapter select

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Regy Rusty posted:

I did all the sidequests I could before getting it OOPS

Also I just finished Route B and I am pumped but also tired alas

Route C is so good

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Real hurthling! posted:

The yorha betrayers quest didnt have any enemies in the target areas for me so i skipped it for next ending route

This and another quest broke for me until I reloaded the game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Not really.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

veni veni veni posted:

I actually feel like a i project my annoyance onto the actual game sometimes because of how irritating some goons are about Neir.

I'm like this with Zelda, it's a lovely attitude to have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

anime, is good