Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I like TitanFall 2 and The Last Guardian on my Sonys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

After upgrading to the Pro I felt the improvements were downplayed by everyone. I primarily play on a 1080p Bravia and my games run and look dramatically better than my launch system. Much less fan noise too.

Mafia 3 is a new game. The Last Guardian plays as it should. Watch Dogs 2 and TitanFall 2 look like pre-rendered CG. Maybe my launch system was dying but I'm really digging the performance increase from the Pro.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Congrats on discovering the placebo effect.
Nope. Patched games run great.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm pretty excited about Yakuza 0 later this month. When are they going to announce a date for Tekken 7?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Just look at the game covers and pick what speaks to you like a tarot deck.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Would FF15 be a good first FF? Is the battle system easy enough for someone who plays Dragon Quest VIII?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

That actually sounds very appealing. I liked Witcher 3 because I could just turn down the difficultly and spam attacks to enjoy the story.

I'll pick up FF15 on sale for sure.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

ABZÛ game worth $20? I heard you folks comparing it to Journey. Does that mean it has co-op with randoms poo poo or there is no dialogue?

poo poo looks purdy.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah gently caress that. I'll wait until that month that it goes on plus with Knack.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Pfft...I got Trico.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Bravia tv remote works but I use my chromecast to stream.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I backed my entire drive before hand on a USB external. Gotta save PT for future generations.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Akuma posted:

Uh, does that even work? Don't you need to have the two machines there at the time to transfer from one to the other?
Works flawlessly. Plugged in a wd passport drive through usb. PS4 has system backup to usb and you can pick what data you want to back up. Once you get the new system just plug in the usb and system restore. It was painless to upgrade to pro. http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/backup.html

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I can't wait to try any Yakuza on the PS4. The biggest drawback of the old ones is the constant load screens. I played 3 for the first time very recently and it's unbelievably tedious in terms of how often you're dragged out of the flow of gameplay to load.

5 isn't as bad but I definitely can't wait to play one on the newer hardware.
Yakuza 3 debut on PS3 must've been epic seeing Kiryu in HD for the first time. Can't wait to play 0 and looking forward to making GBS threads my pants when 6 comes out 4kkk

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Makes sense Crash is coming out for Christmas to stop nostalgia seekers from picking up Switch and Mario.

I'm still going to get Switch for Mario. Hopefully they make it a pack in for Holiday 2017.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Who here is going to actually use the Yakuza 0 business card holder? Cause I am...finally a reason to carrying around my business cards again.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The owner of the ebgames near me keeps bragging to each customer that his son works for ubisoft montreal the 4 times I went in there

but i find the eb/gs that are inside malls are way worse than the stand alone ones

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

acksplode posted:

Eh, people's pockets already contain phones anyway. Nintendo's competing with phones now, and they can't beat their ubiquity or portability. They can only compete on game quality, so it's probably a good idea to emphasize controllers and good visuals and sacrifice on pocketability. If the Switch has a good enough library, it'll have a permanent home in many backpacks and laptop bags.
The Wired interview with Reggie makes it sound like the online service ties into a smart device app quite a bit which is interesting. The in game voice chat is done through your own smart device. Pretty loving weird. I wonder if there are going to be more mobile apps that tie into the games because that might help with the portability and off set the lovely battery issue. You can do all the busy work poo poo from games on your phone while you wait for a place to charge your dead Switch.

Here is the wired interview: https://www.wired.com/2017/01/reggie-fils-aime-nintendo-interview/

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Switch looks great. I'm buying it with Mario holiday 2017.

HOLY gently caress 1 more week and Yakuza 0.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

I spent so much time just doing Majima's C2 over and over again. It looks so badass.

Now that I've finished 6 and Kiwami maybe I'll go back and play 0 again.
I just remember watching videos of Kiryu punching dudes and yen literally flying out of their pockets.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/821779205725835272

Looks like we'll finally know when Tekken 7 comes out next week.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

EDF!! EDF!!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I still have my gold headset. Got it for $60. Works fine.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Tekken 7 announcement this week with the release date. WOOP WOOP!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Guess that gives me time to play it at Round1 and get good.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Are you guys getting tons of spam from that app? Pisses me off that my console gets junk mail too.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

For Honor? More like Four Hours to download your beta, Ubisoft. Pfft.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I couldn't pause and restart the download so I put the system in rest mode and then started it up again. The download sped up but I'm sure the servers are getting rammed. I should've started the download before I left for work.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I loved Yakuza 1 because of feels attached to the Japanese launch but I think Y2 is my favorite.

The loving Y1 US dub is something to experience. I hope a localized Kiwami with option for US VO comes out. That would be awesome.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

After playing a bit of the beta I think For Honor 2 will be awesome.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

The go on who said for honor 2 is gonna be great had it right.

This feels like a tech demo proof of concept. Rather then a game 2 weeks out.

That was me obvi. Ubisoft is gonna be Ubisoft.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm gonna have to play a game after I'm done y0. Thinking re7 or Zelda Wii U edition.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

What are the best couch co-op games out right now?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

EDF!! EDF!! EDF!!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

They were all expecting Japanese GTA.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

If I want vue do I just need a US psn account? Can I use the service in Canada?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

It's funny to me when people complain about battery life on handhelds because they all last like 4 hours. Maybe the system is doing you a favor by dying if 4 hours is not enough time to sit in the corner and be a giant dweeb catching pokemons.
Or get massive hemorrhoids from sitting on the toilet too long

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I can't wait to get back to Yakuza 0 as I am away from my PS4PPPRO. I'm thinking of my next game and it is between RE7, NiERRR, and HZD.

I think I must play them all regardless but it will take me a while since I got Zelda too. A bit of me is leaning towards NIER because it would be nice after Yakuza. RE7 and HZD look really good too though but I feel HZD last since I'm gonna need a break of open world/similar narrative after Zelda.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

My beard gets dandruff sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Outcast was a cool game. Voxels are the poo poo. I remember playing the demo off a pc gamer disc and being blown away.