Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Think I'm gonna impulse buy a 2nd hand PSVR how dumb of an idea is that

I already have Rez :catdrugs: and bought Battlrfront like an idiot

Speaking of Rez, that must be the easiest game to release DLC for. I doubt they will but I really hope they do

No way, if you get a good deal, that's a great way to jump in. PSVR is pretty awesome, but a little too expensive right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Crows Turn Off posted:

TLG doesn't require that much effort or thought, it's not difficult by any means. That's not a criticism, that's a good thing. It only takes time because you have to fight against the game itself so often. It's like "make Trico do a thing" is the real antagonist.

I don't hate the game. I love the "universe" it shares with SOTC and Ico. But I hope the next game on the PS6 is more like SOTC and less like TLG.

But anyway, I'm clearly in the minority with this opinion.

I agree with you 100%

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Renoistic posted:

The Witness is amazing. I don't even care of I get stuck on a puzzle, I just mess around with the hundreds of puzzles I and try again later. I'm at 300+ panels and like 15 of the environmental stuff. It's great.

It really is. I finally beat the game, but I can't get platinum, b/c drat! I think most of the people who have done it, did it before the patch where you could pause the game to go solve the puzzles so the timer didn't run down.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Attitude Indicator posted:

hello. these posts you are reading are from different people. different people might have different opinions.
i think the pro is consumer unfriendly because it makes the product i bought outdated a lot earlier than i expected it to. this makes me super mad.

Eh, the PS4 has been around for 5 years, that's a whole system lifetime not that long ago. How long were you expecting it to last? Also, "super mad"? I mean, you could still enjoy your PS4. It's not like the games coming out for it even today don't run on it.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

I think having watched the entire run of Sons of Anarchy has made me feel like bikers and their gangs are a bunch of cray baby bitches and that's hard to imagine in a zombie setting. Also, they are living lovely lives and the "freedom" of the road thing is stupid.

I think it will do well though b/c there isn't much life left in the PS4, that, TLoU 2, and what else?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Doctor Zero posted:

We’ve got a 75” Sony 4K TV and we sit about 6-8 feet away from it.

Honestly could stand to get an 80”

Brought my PS4 on a trip and plugged it into the hotels 45” TV and I felt like I was playing on a freaking postage stamp.

Bigger is better.

Hells yes brother! We have a 70" and we are 6 feet away. Want an 80" next.

Those stupid formulas about how far away to sit from X sized TV are WRONG. After all, you don't go to a movie theater and consider the last row the best seat do you? (unless it's for things other than watching the movie). Even the last row in a theater would give you a screen bigger than those stupid formulas for TV size/distance on websites.

Bigger is definitely better.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

I have played SoC since the PS2 original, is it worth playing upgraded? Outside of graphics, any story changes?

Also I'll 10th that Transformers is a GREAT game. As an old man, it's the EXACT Transformers game I wanted from my youth. I even paid for it new. I hope they make some sort of sequel, but I doubt it considering how much TMNT bombed.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Zero changes to gameplay. Definitely worth playing upgraded.

Thank you, I found this as well for anyone else who's curious.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/shadow-of-the-colossus-and-ico/Shadow_of_the_Colossus_Version_Differences#UI_Updates

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Rad Valtar posted:

This was suppose to be their GDC presentation, what did you expect?

Yeah, but them doing it after the NDA lifted yesterday on the Xbox stuff was a bad move. Many people want a Youtube like presentation revealing info like the Youtubers did yesterday and will be, uh, bored?

I like it though, he's a certified genius. I love Marble Madness.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

I said come in! posted:

It would be nice if Sony explained that. Showing it exclusively on your PlayStation social media account meant for your playerbase, is going to give the wrong impression for those that don't see this fact.

Agreed, in fact, I think they shouldn't have even done it after the Xbox presentation yesterday.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Deuterious posted:

Kudos to the guy as I haven't seen him take a drink of water during this whole thing.

I don't think this is live. I mean, I think it's a pre-shot, edited video.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

owl_pellet posted:

They explained that at the beginning of the video.

Eh, they are advertising it like it's a player video, not a developer video.

Also, the timing is bad.

Regardless, I'm enjoying it, and Cerny is great. I think the fake audience is a weird choice though.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

1: Knack
2-99: anime titty games
100: Knack 2

This Goon gets it!

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Guys, the XboneX is already more powerful than the PS4Pro and clearly it's winning the console war based on that power alone!

Fanboi mode off. Those of us who can, will of course buy both!

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

I disagree. Multiplats are basically the same on each system. The nubone will have zero exclusives. Every single game that comes out will be playable on the PS5 or on a PC. There is no reason to buy a nubone other than blind brand loyalty.

Well, I would argue that Gamepass makes it a pretty good deal to dick around with a ton of games I would never buy.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Montalvo posted:

I literally don't care about any of this gibberish because the PS5 will let me play Bloodborne Life of Black Tiger 2.

Yeah, exactly. Specs don't really matter at all, it's all about the games.

If I was wrong, then the Xbox X would be outselling the PS4 Pro by a factor of 30%, and the regular PS4 by 300%, but it isn't.

I think Sony is trying to sell a trillion of these things and make a little money on each one, and then rake in the cash on game sales.

Microsoft on the other hand, is building an infrastructure like Apple Store, where they make money in the long haul.

Both are interesting strategies, and as a gamer, I'll get both systems. If you can only afford one though, you have to figure out what is most important to you right now.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Quantum Shart posted:

The problem with this is that it relies solely on scored reviews. There is plenty of critical reviews that don't boil down the review to a number and so by using Metacritic you are getting a very sanitised opinion of the game.

I wouldn't say it's sanitized, I'd say it was just reviews that provide a numerical score.

Of note, female reviewers seem to be more critical of the game.

I don't care, day one purchase for me, but interesting to note.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

2LOU is such a bad example to talk about games being too long. Like I've been complaining about pointless repetitive copy paste content in video games for years (i.e most open world games now following the Ubi model) but 2LOU is all killer no filler

Completely. It's great. I'm working toward the platinum via the NG+ and even on an immediate replay, you can see how streamlined it is (after the first 30 min/tutorial anyway).

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

mysterious frankie posted:

Did you guys finish the game yet?

I platinum'd it two weeks again, only the third game I've ever done so. (GoW PS4 and H:ZD).

For one reason, it's an easy platinum, and for another, I really liked the story and I managed to avoid all the leaks minus one.

Graphics, gameplay, and story were great for me, but I can definitely see where and why people don't dig the game, and I don't begrudge them their opinions.

Well, except those people that are complaining about stupid poo poo.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

The Platinum game was based on the 80's cartoon. It wasn't very good though.

What? Yes it is, it's pretty awesome actually!

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

ShoogaSlim posted:

LG C9 gang checking in. got a 65" during quarantine and extremely happy with it

except i watch a lot of youtube and the audio sync is slightly off enough to make me feel a little crazy sometimes. doesn't happen in any other app tho

Dude, I got a new C9 65" for quarantine time too!!! Whoo-hooo!!!

OK, enough bragging about our awesome TVs.

Here's how I fixed mine. Deleted YouTube and re-installed. Fixed the de-sync audio.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

hamsystem posted:

Our LG OLED finally got some burn in after 2 years of pretty heavy use. It's not super noticeable 99% of the time. I'd get another OLED in a heartbeat.

Can you tell me what model you had and also what your OLED light setting is on?

I have a C9 and I have it set to 50 (out of 100) and it's plenty bright enough, but I think the ones in the OLED burn in tests were set to 70 or something a little higher, so I'm hoping this mitigates my issue. I have my TV on all the time too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yes. The only catch is the camera. You'll have to get the new PS5 camera or get the yet to be released dongle to use the old PS4 cameras.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/playstation-5-answering-your-questions-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

"Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date."

I might be wrong, but there is no 100% confirmation that the PS5 camera will work with PSVR. The $2 adapter to use the PS4 camera on PS5 for PSVR is true and supposedly will be supplied for free to current PSVR owners.