Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Rinkles posted:

probably in part because the hitboxes seem generous, but bopping robos with the bow is uniquely satisfying. great decision to unlock access to bowmo right off the bat.

do i have to be frugal about slotting in upgrades, or are there plenty/can you remove them?

I seem to recall it being pretty easy to switch stuff around; you'll want to switch up sometimes based on what you're fighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

I think I've hit breaking point and I'm just going to have to get a PS4. Is there any such thing as a counterfeit, or will any 'PS4 Pro' I find in an online store be as good as any other?

... this sounds a little like you've found a place with a bizarrely cheap and maybe slightly suspicious looking PlayStation 4

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Veib posted:

2 literally has a character say "It's a-me, Mario!"

There's a bunch of weed jokes in Black Flag

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Pretty much. It's a big part of why physician burnout is such a big thing. Doesn't help that almost all of us are carrying around a quarter to half a million in debt at 8%, which is not dischargeable on death anymore.

(Don't go into medicine)

What... do you mean it's "not dischargeable on death?"

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I couldn't really get into Battlefield 1 (you can't spray and pray with bolt action rifles so i was immediately disqualified) but they're basically giving it away right now. Less than $5 plus free premium (all the extra maps etc), so if you were interested but never popped now's probably the time.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I spent two hours dressing up as a fancy hobo and getting into barfights until the entire town rose up against me and killed me, then doing it again; i don't know about any of these "characters" or "plot elements" or "buttons that don't insult or punch cowboys" people are talking about but this old west psychopath simulator is excellent

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Warning you have a bounty, you will now be killed every five minutes by inescapable hordes of cowboy terminators until you sell the game back to gamestop

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Tei posted:

End of a Generation Whoes:

- Installing RDR2 from disc take a 1 hour+ time. Give or take.

- Installing Battlefield V have the game installing the singleplayer version in stages. First it install a campaing, and while you play this campaing or idle in menus, it slowly install the other campaings. When all the campaings and the multiplayer are installed (it may need 2 or 3 hours) it shows the message "Do you want to install the UI?", that is about the most weird question a videogame have asked since 1981, if you answer yes, it enable the multiplayer option. I don't know what it does if you answer no, maybe the game turn text based with commands, like a mud?

This goes directly to the history books: November 2018, some fat videogames may need HOURS to install.

Rdr2 made me pine for the days of "stick in cartridge, play game" like nothing has in a while.

There's not a killer BFV sale going on anywhere asst the moment, is there? Or is it too soon after release still?

E oh it was released like four days ago, yeah prob too soon even with black Friday

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 23, 2018

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

its funny to see people complain about no games in this day and age because the first year of the gamecube was DIRE as far as games go. i dont remember the entire console life cycle span it didnt seem like it did that well but the first year especially was like, okay luigis ghost busters and pik man

There was that rogue squadron entry with the cool targeting computer that flips across the screen, i almost got a GameCube just for that

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Steep being a free game this month is awesome because i saw a trailer for it like a year before it came out, thought, "oh that's gonna be sweet," and then didn't think about it again until now

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

That's why you should play MGSV. 5 hours of cutscenes at the beginning and then it's smooth sailing and you only have to deal with 2 minute ones every 50 missions.

Also the kidnapping

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Just lol if ea got hosed over by an indie developer for once

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Tetris Effect, man. :2bong:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yeah I was immediately sold on like the first trailer with the big horde chasing the guy through a lumber mill, it looks pretty cool. I can see where it probably won't be 10/10, things like the gunplay feeling too light or disconnected just by nature of being a third person open world game or the driving not being as perfect as GTA, but big crowds in games are still impressive to me

E I also haven't played every single zombie game that's come out in the last ten years so I may just not be as sick of the concept

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

The epilogues are better than the main game after treading water for 4 chapters with *makes smelled a fart face* arthur bore-gan.

Whoa there pardner

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

doctor iono posted:

YELLOW CARRR

No one says it but GTA IV was probably the best one.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

LODGE NORTH posted:

This is the correct order.

That said, judging off the posts here, it'd be worth it to get the Metro games off PSN now while the first three can be had for a little bit over $20?

e: Apparently Metro Redux is just a remake of the first two and not a third game...this is tempting.

Yeah I'll concede San Andreas is the best at least. Three cities, a bunch of little towns, and the story just went on for loving ever.

I've never played any of the Metro games, but I've scrolled past them forever, what are they like?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Alien Isolation

I'll always second one of the best PS4 games, it's awesome. Headphones! No lights!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

JBP posted:

Battletoads must be a masterwork.

I have been inspired to excellence by big haired women wearing tight leather and carrying whips ever since

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy gently caress! At least in the Japanese version, 6.50 allows you to set X as accept and O as cancel. That's been hardware locked since the PlayStation 1. Did it change that in the western versions?

I remember on the original PlayStation triangle was cancel

It was the wild west on Sega Genesis, no loving telling what any buttons would do in any given game. Don't have the fancy six button controller? You may be hosed

Nintendo won with B as cancel

E although in a lot of original Nintendo games, you had to select a cancel option and hit A, this is important stuff folks

univbee posted:

Like so.

It has a very solid suction cup (the kind with a latch) on the back.

Annoyingly, though, Apple doesn't allow the Dualshock 4 to be used, and it also won't work via a mobile network.

What? Well there goes me trying it, at least night of. Is the controller I'll need out already? Ugh will the buttons be on the dumb screen

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 7, 2019

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I am...not as good at modern warfare as I remember

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

Oh, Nikolai Valuev is in the game?

What on the loving planet

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bloodborne definitely had an arc from "man this is pretty hard" to "this seems loving dumb and broken" to "no, the game is right and I am wrong"

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

verbal enema posted:

Apparently i have 42$ chilling on my ps4 wallet??

whats good n stuff

Titanfall 2 is eight dollars

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

That's where the money goes into, and it shows. I'd happily spend time in any GTA world if it wasn't a 15 year-old's idea of an edgy har-har-America-sucks-land. Los Santos feels at times amazingly real but then I hear a fat NPC say they need their tenth burger or how they love their gun or whatever and it's just depressing.

I'd love it if Rockstar went full on serious and dished out on a game where you play as a cop. Like, a proper cop where you patrol the world, have to make decisions about situations and face consequences and have it set in a world of GTA's proportions. I guess LA Noire was kinda that but we're not getting another one of those anytime soon. :(

I wouldn't count out a serious game; RDR 2 had a lot of humor and bizarre stuff in it, but you can see that L.A. Noire attention to detail pushing through printed pages and in weapon detailing. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us another '20s or '30s mafia game since it's been a while since L.A. Noire and, you know, Mafia, the game it will inevitably seem to be aping.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

A lot of the story jank, I think, is because it's a prequel. No matter what happens, you have to have Dutch, Bill, Micah, and Javier out in the woods, and John either in the clutches of the FBI or on a short leash. Bonus if it can also explain why John's magically got a huge ranch at the end of RDR 1. The challenge becomes getting there in a surprising way, and it's a challenge prequels can't really rise to on average.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

What the gently caress okay so I was playing through Alien: isolation again because it fuckin' rules and like, I'm towards the end of the game and....I can't look around. I've never experienced a glitch like this on the PS4 but it's clearly something with the game itself, but like, what the gently caress.

So anyway there's one particular area now, where like, when I enter this one area, I can't look around. It's not that the right analog stick is unresponsive, it works fine. I can even change the controls in the settings to switch which stick looks and which one moves, and it just won't let me look around.

Like, what? I couldn't find anyone else having this issue with the game. I tried reinstalling it, reloding an older save, etc. :/

That's bizarre. There are a couple on-rails sections that limit your look abilities, but they're pretty clearly telegraphed as scripted events. Maybe see if the thing where you look by tilting your controller around is turned off?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

My favorite part of bloodborne is just how the map wraps around itself, I want to see a birds eye view of it but that would ruin it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

Haha this is totally a John Carpenter joint

Carpenter oh

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 18, 2019

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

BisterdDave posted:

It's funny you say that. Dying Light is one of my favorites from this gen, and I can't remember any of the missions or bosses.

I completely forgot about dying light, that game rules

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sure this has been posted probably a dozen or so times, but Amazon has the year PS+ membership on sale for $45

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RMK5QG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh poo poo, can I snap this up and keep it in my back pocket to re-up, or am I out of luck if I already have an account like with a Hulu special

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

No clue. I've been paying month to month for years now (I never realized that PS4 yearly sales went on like this)

I kept scrolling and there's a little q&a section; it's just a regular old code and the codes stack, so I'll be grabbing one of these babies for sure. Thank you!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mr Snips posted:

Not that much further than you, I killed the Witch of Hemwick earlier and then went to Old Yharnam and beat a boss there. I managed to get lucky and kill the Witch of Hemwick first time, although I very nearly died twice.

I think the reason I kept dropping the game was how the opening area made me feel a lot more lost than I've ever been in any of the souls games. Even in this run I accidentally ran into Father Gascoigne and got completely murdered before I found the actual boss I was intended to beat up first.

I'm trying to do this game again and always run into gascoigne first. Are you supposed to fight that giant gently caress off cleric beast first?

And can you fight this witch character before going to old yarnham? I circled through yarnham for like an hour and the door to old yarnham seems like the only way out

E I'm bouncing between dying to a person dressed like a crow and person dressed like a knight with a neumatic arm and a Gatling gun

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Every time I figure out the right path in Bloodborne it's like breaking through a fog in a fever dream, and then sometimes I turn around and it seems like the path I just came down has disappeared

I beat the BSB in two tries, so I think I'm technically a god

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

Hunters are not defined by the notoriously hard bosses that they clown on, but by the notoriously easy bosses that clown upon you. Report back when you are ashamed.

Yeah the first chalice dungeon, particularly the giant guys carrying the gory bags around, have made me give up again for the evening

I just gave up trying to kill the big fat guy in front of the first switch, flipped it, ran past him, and then the undead giant murdered me literally the moment I entered the room I unlocked

E yahargargle village is impossible

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 31, 2019

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

[did not understand am dumb

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Housh posted:

Ok guys. I'm ready for Max Payne 4.

Right? I want private eye Max, tearing up Manhattan one last time

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What's the first person shooter I'm supposed to be playing right now? I think the last one I had fun with was Titanfall 2 and it is dead as hell now, and the remaining BF4 players are all insane grizzled veterans.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'm stuck on Amygdala, Ebrietas, and lower Pthumeru undead giant all at the same time, this game is loving impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

This thread is so supportive :)