Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-edit

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I tried BB for a while but couldn't find an ounce of fun in it. Eventually I hit someone and this caused me to fall off a ledge and die and close and delete the game.

hey, it's me

Nothing clicked for me at all. I'll probably give it another go if and when it gets a PS5 update. I feel like i'm missing something when I don't like a game every goon adores (see: Persona)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

I ended up beating Horizon Chase Turbo instead. Now that is a chill podcast game.

you must be the only person in this thread that played that game. It's actually fun?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’ve seen metal wall mount brackets that seem cool but yeah, no thank you on that

Wall mounting looks clean, until you add all your accessories and cables

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ethics_Gradient posted:

I decided to pick up FF7 Remake for the first time last night and found myself sucked in for a few hours. Overall I'd say it does a good job of straddling nostalgia while being its own thing. A little disappointed that I assume I'm not going to be able to play the rest of it until I get a PS5

I lol'd at Badger from Breaking Bad turning up as Wedge at the start of the game. I had a look at the IMBD to confirm it and also found out I definitely would not have picked John DiMaggio as Heidegger.

TIL very interesting & informative post ty!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Really hoping they add online to mass effect 3 (lol ya right)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

thinkin' about a Horizon and God of War replay 🤔

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nah let’s talk about rest mode

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

is it gonna have them doing insane parkour on sheer cliff faces

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Hey gang, just wanted to remind everyone that we have a PlayStation goons discord server. Although I only set it up because of the Lowtax poo poo last year, it has ended up being very active and a great compliment to the threads on SA. You can join here: https://discord.gg/9j7ugAb

(posting this in both PS threads so sorry if you see it twice)

ohhh didn't know this existed, cool, thanks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

[RUMOR] June PS+ games are: Operation Tango (PS5), Star Wars Squadrons (PS4) and Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown (PS4)

https://areajugones.sport.es/videojuegos/filtrados-los-juegos-de-ps-plus-para-junio-de-2021-estos-son-los-titulos-gratuitos-para-ps4-y-ps5/

quote:

They got last month right, a few days before the official announcement, by the way.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hopper posted:

I just bought Squadrons 2 weeks ago so it would make sense for it to be on PS+ now.

bless u

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ppl don’t believe me when I tell them I believe GTA San Andreas?? Had a two-player part

I loving loved Vice City

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

just got Aliens: Fireteam Elite to try out, lmk if anyone wants to play!!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

The trailer got me, I bought it. I've tried running through the first mission a couple times, it's serious about wanting you to play with other people. Harder difficulties just seem to ramp up enemy health, which certainly does make it much harder. Character customization is pretty good, and one of the male voice actors is one of those insanely recognizable voices you can't put a name to; I think he was in Animaniacs and a bunch of other things.

Weapons and character designs straight from the movies, and the first mission looks like it's set in the station you snuck through in Alien: Isolation (it's explicitly a different one, but the set pieces and feel are all very similar.) The graphics overall are...not incredible. Things move a little too fast, no one opens their mouth to talk, etc, but it sort of serves the manic feeling they're going for. Sort of.

I can't tell if I just suck at video games now or if you're supposed to bounce off the first level a few times to unlock things, but I'm bouncing

yeah, it's just ok. I read a comment that this exact game could have been released 10 years ago, which is def true. It's unpolished, although it is an indie game. I'm early-on, I guess it opens up more. I like the lore/franchise, and horde with co-op, so I guess it scratches that itch. If PS store had some refund option before x amount of hours like steam, I just may have. The official discord is handy for finding a group, so I'll enjoy the large short-lived playerbase for now and have fun with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok y’all name an example of good stealth in a game ?? 🤔