Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oscar Wild posted:

Me one hour into Ghost of Tsushima : so this is just a Witcher 3 reskin...

Me 10 hours into Ghost of Tsushima : so this is just a Witcher 3 reskin!

You are giving Ghost of Tsushima way too much credit here. it's an assassins creed reskin with witcher vision. If it ripped off TW3 more maybe I would have actually cared about something going on in it at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I agree with you but I would recommend Sushi Ghost to literally absolutely everybody before I ever recommended rear end Creed to anyone ever, though.

Fair enough I probably would too. At least it looks nice and the combat doesn't stink.

Can't believe you think it looks better than red dead though imo RDR2 mops the floor with it visually, but to each his own.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't think sushi ghost looks that remarkable. It does look good at a glance, and can make for a nice screenshot. It's a pretty game but I found it very bland. There's just like nothing going on past that. Just a bunch of copy paste empty box shacks and very dramatic grass swooshing. One of the most boring video game worlds to explore I can think of tbh even if it all looked nice enough. The attention to detail in RDR2 is unmatched and even compared to HZD I don't think GOT holds up well at all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If you wanted to take up a fake second job as a video game screenshot photographer, you could probably spend months snapping shots all of the cool unique poo poo in RDR2. In GOT there is like, green grass, pink grass, blue grass, some sakura blossoms, maybe there is shack in the background or an empty castle...It's so repetitive.

I think HZD actually does some cool stuff though. Not on the level of Red Dead but it's still noteworthy amongst open world games when it comes to cool and varied environments that really make me want to explore them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm sure Psychonauts 2 is great for the right person but I have watched enough footage to be able to tell I wouldn't like it much. Also just find the art style super ugly.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

pipebomb posted:

Can you guys help me out? I took some stuff in trade for a computer, and one of the items is a PS4 Pro, Spiderman Edition. It’s a 1tb version, in perfect condition with the boxes, cables, controller, etc.
Approximately what is it worth? I see them from 400-1000 (?) on eBay and 3rd party sites. I am not a gamer and could certainly use cash more. Just trying to get a ballpark idea of its value.

Going off sold auctions I'd say try to get $400-425 for it and drop down to 350 is you need to.

Wow jesus christ I can't believe last gen consoles resale for MSRP in 2021 hellworld lol. In any other timeline, buying a PS4 pro would be like $100 a year after it's predecessor was released. I gave my PS4 pro to my brother for free and I don't think he has used it for more than an hour. Could have just loving covered my PS5 with that thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've never had anything like that happen, but Ebay/paypal takes a size-able chunk of your money, takes way too long to pay out, and it's possible to have to deal with a buyer who's a pain in the rear end. I use it to sell weird high $$$ collectable poo poo that is really hard to sell for a decent price anywhere else, that's really where Ebay shines. Something like a Playstation I'd just unload on Craigslist which is way less of a hassle.

Although if they did sell that Spiderman PS4 on CL I'd say ask less than I recommended. Probably knock $50+ off if you actually want to sell it promptly.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

pipebomb posted:

Sooo, I put it on FB Marketplace as OBO and sold it for $600 within hours - no haggling…dude offered, I said yes and a half hour later it was gone. 👍

That's loving wild lol. That exact edition is like $400 or less on Ebay. Congrats.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dr. Internet reporting in here. Calling fictional superheroes cops is actually one of the first major symptoms of a condition we call "Too Online" or Roflcopteritus. My professional recommendation would be abstaining from C-Spam and Robert Evans podcasts for at least 3 nights a week and getting drunk at a baseball game.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 7, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The entire doomer fanfiction thing he is doing right now is unlistenable. I had to bounce off the podcast entirely because of it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

funny you say this because robert evans is prolly a cop, too. i'll take your advice though, pdx is hosting MLS cup in like 4 days woop woop

Nice. I'm not even a sports fan, but 2020 kind of made me miss going to see some live sports a couple times a year. Just crush some nachos with a 15 dollar coors light in hand, barely paying attention but having a good time anyways.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Im glad cops ruined the punisher instead of Judge Dredd, because they would have probably misunderstood and latched onto that super hard instead if someone told them about it. Although it probably would have been even funnier so maybe it's a wash. I'd love to see some cop unironically saying "I am the law" while wearing a goofy judge helmet and eating a mcdouble

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Juice still has whatever vitamins you'd get from the fruit, so even though it's basically sugar water i don't know if I believe it's just as bad as Mountain Dew or whatever. Although all of the fiber is ripped out so afaik it all just turns to piss. If you drank it with a fibrous meal though..? I dunno I'm not a nutritionist I'm just some slob. Still seems better than code red

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

4 years ago I put a PS4 or craigslist for $100 and no one bit for 4 months until someone offered to trade me an Xbone for it. My how times have changed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Absolutely insane. It's a good reminder of how over-leveraged the economic apparatus of the world has been for like 50 years, where a diminishing standard of living at the center of empire has been offset with subsidized access to electronic consumer goods made elsewhere via slave labor. Corona just brought the contradictions into the foreground.

If anything good has come from it, it's made me kind of appreciate my stuff more. Everything from food to games to my 10 year old car feel way less disposable to me. At the end of the day it's still just stuff, which comes and goes, but I feel like it's something worth valuing, instead of just waiting to throw it away for the newer, shiner thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

And yeah 50 years probably isn't inaccurate, but really the last decade or so, rampant consumerism has reached a degree where it's sort of alarming. Maybe some shortages are what we need right now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

axolotl farmer posted:

Dark Souls III is pretty much my favorite game ever. You got Bloodbourne, and Nier, but DS3 is peak Soulsbourne.

:hellyeah:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The original one still looks incredible to this day on a base PS4. It’ll be jaw dropping on all platforms I’m sure. Sony doesn’t usually gently caress around and just let their last gen stuff perform like crap. Plus Guerilla and Naughty Dog are staffed by wizards.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Clearly Sony was more interested in selling the movie to a broader audience than they were trying to appeal to fans of the game. Just terrible casting. Nothing against Tom Holland but just lol at that dude playing nathan drake. Him as Drake and Marky Mark as Sully is late 1990s levels of "idgaf about the source material"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not that it matters. making uncharted into a movie is a boring rear end idea at it's core. skeptical of the TLOU TV show for the same reasons. Naughty Dog's whole appeal is that they bring existing TV/Movie tropes into a video game and execute it well. If you take the game part out it's just some generic adventure/post apocalypse stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

How on Earth can I have save files in my storage for Assassin's Creeds Black Flag, Syndicate and Unity if the store is saying I don't own them. They even show up under "Purchased" in my library, but when I click on them it wants me to pay for them. I have screenshots from Black Flag, I have trophies for all of them. I went through all my stuff, I don't have discs for them, I'm going crazy

My best guess is that you had the discs at some point and don't anymore for whatever reason. Iirc the library should have a little picture of a disc in the thumbnail that will confirm whether or not this is the case. Half of my PS4 library is stuff I bought on disc and sold, rented from redbox, or borrowed from a friend.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i hope it plays ok on switch

1 frame per second is perfect for switch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

They really tripled down on Aloy owning various religious people in HFW, at least in the first area. I keep thinking a crowd of people are going to come out of nowhere and start clapping.

Lol I had the exact same thought. Aloy gervais

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also Gaia is basically robo god so she’s sort of wrong.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Stop making fun of Walton Goggins and his beautiful head.

That said you are not wrong

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I will never understand why digital codes expire.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I had a barely expired code for Dishonored Definitive Edition that I gave away to a goon and PSN just told him it was expired, so in some cases at least they must expire.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

PS threads should be merged

Says the guy who made a PS3 thread

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought 2FA was mandatory now. I know I didn't bother with it until Sony made me do it. Maybe that's just for PS5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Don't be afraid to open up a PS4 it's super easy and will give you decent access to the fan