Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Read After Burning posted:

Looks like Heaven's Vault has never gone on sale on PS4. It looks really pretty and the concept seems up my alley, so I may grab this next week.

I also need to get around to the Judgment sequel. Too many games!

Heaven's Vault is very cool. It's definitely the best of the 'figuring out an alien language' game that I've played, though it's not like there's a whole lot of competition. The weird animation takes some getting used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

How on Earth can I have save files in my storage for Assassin's Creeds Black Flag, Syndicate and Unity if the store is saying I don't own them. They even show up under "Purchased" in my library, but when I click on them it wants me to pay for them. I have screenshots from Black Flag, I have trophies for all of them. I went through all my stuff, I don't have discs for them, I'm going crazy

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Inspector Hound posted:

How on Earth can I have save files in my storage for Assassin's Creeds Black Flag, Syndicate and Unity if the store is saying I don't own them. They even show up under "Purchased" in my library, but when I click on them it wants me to pay for them. I have screenshots from Black Flag, I have trophies for all of them. I went through all my stuff, I don't have discs for them, I'm going crazy

Free weekend? Trial of the Ubisoft subscription that you cancelled?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tried a friend's disc once, gave it back, and forgot about it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

please, youtube, give us a better bitrate already.

I wish Sony would use Vimeo for this stuff, the YouTube compression is atrocious and makes games look appalling.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

My best guess is that you had the discs at some point and don't anymore for whatever reason. Iirc the library should have a little picture of a disc in the thumbnail that will confirm whether or not this is the case. Half of my PS4 library is stuff I bought on disc and sold, rented from redbox, or borrowed from a friend.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

No disc picture, but also no download symbol. Very weird. I guess I'll find a GameStop and see if they have copies if I really want to play them that badly.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Does someone else have an account on the machine maybe?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Inspector Hound posted:

I don't remember whether those ever ended up on PS Plus but that's a potential explanation if they did (and your subscription isn't presently active)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Nope, just me, never shared, PSN account active. I must have had the discs forever ago, the screenshots are from like 2015/16 lol. I was a freak for this series for a long time and probably ditched them when my addiction waned, the transparent disc icon may just show up for installed games only. I just wanted the glory days back, to sail the high seas with Captain what's his face, to see the French guy's fluffy velvet coat, and then play with the British guy's cane sword for like an hour before getting bored and deleting it

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 12, 2022

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Wolfsheim posted:

I always think this every time a Fallout TV show gets development rumors. Like, what would it even be? Jack Vault Dweller fighting to save his girlfriend from the mutant hordes? What would it possibly be that would differentiate it from every lovely SyFy original?

You can find the script for the planned film from back in late 90s early 2000 if you really wanna know

Or just watch a boy and his dog

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

Or just watch a boy and his dog

That last line ruins the whole show though, oof.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I hope horizon 2 plays ok on a ps4 pro

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I hope horizon 2 plays ok on a ps4 pro

I hope it plays ok on a normal PS4 lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

IGN has a tech review with side-by-sides for PSPoor/Pro and PS5.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i hope it plays ok on switch

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Where is the Bugsnax DLC, I need it. :mad:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i hope it plays ok on switch

1 frame per second is perfect for switch.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Midjack posted:

That last line ruins the whole show though, oof.

I’m pretty sure cannibalism is Fallout as gently caress.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sammus posted:

I’m pretty sure cannibalism is Fallout as gently caress.

There's literally a quest in 3 with a family of cannibalistic vampires

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Finally The Silver Shroud is going to start establishing some raider bases in the Commonwealth, as is his wont. My first character, BUTT MAN, was a bit of a goody-two-shoes so she just killed all the raiders on sight and I never got to do any of the Nuka-World raider quests.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The PS5 library view is a bit funky because it shows EVERYTHING PS4-compatible you ever played in any context. This includes games you played from a disc (which won't show a disc icon unless they're actually installed), out-of-region games (e.g. I have some Japan-only games in my library because of this), and I even have some PS3 games that I played on PS Now that are now delisted. And, of course, it will also includes games you played via free trials or whatever that you never owned in a meaningful context.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

univbee posted:

The PS5 library view is a bit funky because it shows EVERYTHING PS4-compatible you ever played in any context. This includes games you played from a disc (which won't show a disc icon unless they're actually installed), out-of-region games (e.g. I have some Japan-only games in my library because of this), and I even have some PS3 games that I played on PS Now that are now delisted. And, of course, it will also includes games you played via free trials or whatever that you never owned in a meaningful context.

press options button to hide any item

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I got an e-mail to purchase a PS5, but it seems like the website is being taken to town.

Edit: Got in after 45 minutes, sold out while it was in the cart.

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 17, 2022

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1494762437605617664?t=wTLVuDip6ARIXtnau5H3zQ&s=19

I know I said a Fallout TV series is a terrible idea but this is perfect ghoul casting imo

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Holy poo poo, that is an insta-watch from me. Absolutely my favorite actor.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Wolfsheim posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1494762437605617664?t=wTLVuDip6ARIXtnau5H3zQ&s=19

I know I said a Fallout TV series is a terrible idea but this is perfect ghoul casting imo

Westworld creative team unfortunately, not gonna watch another series where 3 minutes of story is dragged out for 30 hours because PUZZLEBOX

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Oh yeah I still cannot reconcile a Fallout TV show where the narrative isn't terrible but that really is great casting

Now if they drop stills of a radscorpion playing chess then I'll concede it might actually be good

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Goggins looks like one of the premade characters in fo1 lol. Its gonna own now, its official.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
A disco TV show has the potential to go either way but I just cannot see where you’d go with “okay now write a fallout script”

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

Woah, I thought Neil Patrick Harris had a big forhead!

Get this guy in the live action Jimmy Neutron movie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My dream Fallout show wouldn't have followed a fixed protagonist. It would have been an anthology style show with a new cast of characters in each episode, showing the differeng aspects of life, factions and whatever in the Wasteland.

But Walton Goggins is the perfect person to be the face of Fallout so I'm sold.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Woah, I thought Neil Patrick Harris had a big forhead!

Get this guy in the live action Jimmy Neutron movie.

Wait until you see his teeth. :kiddo:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Good lord Horizon Zero Dawn is talky

Am I gonna miss out on a lot if I skip all the cutscenes in HFW

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean, yeah

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Steve Yun posted:

listen, aloy wasn't properly socialized, so please be patient with her k?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Aloy is a good gorl

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

You will appreciate her attitude in HFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_0aqVJx_GI&t=77s

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
So far it’s like the first game; I’m actually way interested in the sci-fi stuff and start nodding off when it comes to tribal conflicts

I got to the first cauldron and started listening to everything because the sci-fi story really opens up there

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Steve Yun posted:

You'll miss out on the story which depending on how you play games will either make playing the game pointless OR more tolerable