Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is the new Tales coming out one of the good ones or one of the bad ones?

Real hurthling! posted:

the last hour is a masterwork

unrelated: is infamous 2nd son combat supposed to be punishing? i beat first light 2 years ago and never died but i am having to be cheesy and snipe dudes peaking off ledges for like 10 minutes before i can even approach dup command center in this one. maybe i'm playing it wrong.

I did find it harder than the others. Especially early on.

Even later with a ton of powers I needed to get cheesy at times. I had one fight in an alley against several of the tougher enemies so I just kept zipping up a pipe and dive bombing from the roof it took me to, over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there a list? I gave up following the Switch thread a long time ago.

Yeah here, but it's in crayon and my handwriting is messy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VideoGames posted:

I own the PS4 slim, the not the pro one so I am in your boat. Also, if people truly do want to belittle others for not having the cash to splash on a games console then that is pretty sad and lonely. Also harkens back to the old days of the PS3.

It's very pretty sad and lonely because it's supersampled from 4k which your pauperstation can't touch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fallout 4 came out a whole year before the Pro.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

The Eurogamer review of Horizon says its decent but a bit uninspired and generic :/

Eurogamer says that for every game.

Europe must be a really depressing place.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Installing to a mechanical hard drive is not exactly evolution.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LawfulWaffle posted:

If I'm only going to buy one Marvel Ultimate Alliance, is there any reason it shouldn't be 2? I played them both when they first came out, but I can't remember if 2 was a step forward or a step back. Since they are the same price it's a little ambiguous.

Well, 2 has fewer costumes per character and the Civil War storyline that forces you to split the roster.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

Not with Nier 2, Persona 5 and a new Zelda and Mario in the same year it won't be.

Only one of those games is going to be good, man.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No power button, still useless.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

What would that accomplish that the PS Button wouldn't?

Only official accessories can turn on the PS4 with the PS button for some reason, so it makes Harmony stuff not work.

But it looks like the PDP official remote this is replacing did have a power button so I guess I could just track down one of those.

Edit: Actually it seems Logitech may have silently updated the PS4 function and I don't need the remote to copy at all.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 19, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cubicle gangster posted:

Strong rumors about more death stranding news on friday. norman reedus, kojima, del toro & mads are all presenting awards at the video game awards show.
And it has been announced there is a world premiere of a gameplay trailer which will be 'the longest in the history of the show'.

Peggle 3!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Based on Cassandra's newer bigger jugs, I'm gonna go ahead and guess probably not. lol

That's Sophitia in the trailer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Cassandra, Sophitia, same diff. Either way she's apparently been "upgraded."

Buddy, have you seen her SC4 model?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pretty terrible action RPGs is Spiders' niche. They've made like 6 of them now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah that's a big part of why they keep going I think.

The concepts are all interesting enough to move enough copies to fund the next one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can't use an external drive to transfer a game download to another PS4 can you?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

colachute posted:

Didn’t The Rock steal the franchise from Vin? Or did he just use it to launch the spinoff?

The next Fast movie was delayed a bit to make Hobbs and Shaw and that made Vin and Tyrese angry because Tyrese needs the money and Vin's got bad movies to fund.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Mass Effect 2 loyalty missions

Yeah they really do the heavy lifting. ME2 only has like 4 story missions outside of recruitment and loyalty, and every one of them is "hunker down and shoot bugs for a while."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah just to confirm Demon's Souls is a Sony IP so it will only be on this ever right

Sony releases games for PC after a while now sometimes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Human Crouton posted:

Are they saying these games are free with a PS+ subscription?

Seems like it. There was no fine print about cost, only about PS+ subscription.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If the Harry Potter game is in the 18th century does that mean it's set in pre-plumbing Hogwarts when everyone just poo poo on the floor?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Is tgeir hardware differences outside the disk drive

No.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VideoGames posted:

What does the series s have over the ps5? I am genuinely drawing a blank here.

.1 GHz.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh then there is no reason to go disk drive outside love of physical

Yeah. The reason it's a whole $100 cheaper when the disk drive is only maybe $25-40 of hardware is because digital games must be bought through PSN so Sony can take a bigger hit knowing they cut a cut of every game you buy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Akuma posted:

The 1800s was the 19th century, which had toilets and plumbing...

Yeah but canonically Hogwarts was well behind in adapting plumbing, because they were just so used to making GBS threads on the floor.

I only saw 18, I didn't notice it was 1800s instead of 18th century though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Physical discs are £20 cheaper

That's only because of the UK's weird grocery store centralized game marketplace though. They're the same price digital/physical most other places.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Walrus posted:

Walmart in Canada still has the disc edition. Figure it's worth it for a 4k bluray player and for used games obv

It has both, though the digital says "date will be provided during checkout" which means it's probably later.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playstation-5-digital-edition/6000202198823
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playstation-5-console/6000202198562

Bestbuy.ca sold out, and EBGames.ca is currently crashing to death.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Yeah I pre-ordered for pickup at my local store and it's telling me arrival on the 17th.

The only stores available for pickup when I preordered were in the GTA for some reason, so I just went for delivery. Still says the 16th for me.

I don't care if I miss launch day, as long as I have one that won't be canceled I'm good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

I can't believe they went out this fast on Amazon. I waited a week to preorder the PS4 and still got it day one.

This wasn't the proper release on Amazon, so that might not be it.