Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hope Gamestop have a trade in thing so I can finally rid my shelves of this ugly-rear end God of War PS4 Pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh then there is no reason to go disk drive outside love of physical

Yeah. The reason it's a whole $100 cheaper when the disk drive is only maybe $25-40 of hardware is because digital games must be bought through PSN so Sony can take a bigger hit knowing they cut a cut of every game you buy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
People saying they might get the Series X I can almost understand. It is an Xbox after all but it might utilise the hardware inside well even if it has the weird ram again.

The series s however is just a :?: from me. It is weaker in all ways and not as good as the One X in many aspects which is a console from the last gen. plus only has 512gb of storage. I am baffled.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Demons' Souls is launch.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1306335931142565888

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

Games drop to $20 all the time that are still $60 digital. 3 times and now you are behind. If digital games were heavily discounted, as they should be, then it's a different story. But when they cost more than physical, there is no reason to save $100 up front.

This would only make sense to me if the console had a robot arm to grab a new disc and insert it itself

I will gladly pay the extra $40 to not have to get up from the couch when switching games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Three hundred and ninety-nine US dollars, once Deathloop is out

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
GIVE ME RAGNOROK

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Kirios posted:

Why on Earth would you buy this day one? Even Miles Morales is coming out on PS4 day of.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Zeta Acosta posted:

right now the xbox series s looks really tempting
Like if anything the price of DE kinda crippled the S from a value proposition now so no

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I bought a ps4 in 2015 and bought my first ever physical copy of a game (doom eternal) a week ago, only to learn it still takes up loving hard drive space? What is the goddamn point?

I only buy good games so why would I sell them?

I buy more digital than physical but I like physical because I have a collection and in here physical drops faster on almost every game than digital so I can get an exclusive for my collection cheaper before digital gets to let's say the "25€" mark as an example.

I have a bunch of games both digital and physical like Bloodborne and all three Dark Souls, Nioh, etc...

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

ps5 camera will work, ps4 camera will work but will need a dongle, unless something changed? sure i remember reading ps5 camera was fine

I heard the PS5 camera won't work with current PSVR, could be wrong though. Point is, your current PSVR setup will work with PS5 provided you get the bit to attach it to your PS5 (which might come with the console, I don't know)

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Celexi posted:

the point of physical games is getting them used for cheaper or loan them out to friends

I don’t have friends.

Check and mate.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Would have been nice for Sony to announce that at their 40 min conference they just had

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Kirios posted:

Why on Earth would you buy this day one? Even Miles Morales is coming out on PS4 day of.

Because I want a PS5? What kind of question is this?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Akuma posted:

The 1800s was the 19th century, which had toilets and plumbing...

Yeah but canonically Hogwarts was well behind in adapting plumbing, because they were just so used to making GBS threads on the floor.

I only saw 18, I didn't notice it was 1800s instead of 18th century though.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

hell yes

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/1306336326803959811

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean that's kinda cool but that sure as hell isn't BotW day one.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I would buy at launch anyway since I'm going to buy at some point, but Demon's Souls seals it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:toxx: probe me for a week if GOW releases 2021

let's just pre-probe you right now and get it over with

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh then there is no reason to go disk drive outside love of physical

Physical discs are £20 cheaper

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Would have been nice for Sony to announce that at their 40 min conference they just had

wonder if its only been decided and they didnt have time to update the video? i dont know. they are bad at this

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Kirios posted:

I don't have a Pro and also want a 4k blu-ray player

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Kirios posted:

I mean that's kinda cool but that sure as hell isn't BotW day one.

Sure, and we will probably never see as good of a launch game again

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was a wonderful presentation

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Preorders tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1306337263568039936

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

F I N A L F A N T A S Y S I X T E E N

I will say, square is kinda looking like they might have a handle on things after being in the toilet for a decade+ up until the release FF7R

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Celexi posted:

the point of physical games is getting them used for cheaper or loan them out to friends

Getting used for cheaper is harder and I feel like loaning out isn’t as big as it used to be.

Reselling is a thing but I’m a hoarder

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

let's just pre-probe you right now and get it over with

buddy i'm just back from a sixer, don't do this to me

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

r u ready to WALK posted:

This would only make sense to me if the console had a robot arm to grab a new disc and insert it itself

I will gladly pay the extra $40 to not have to get up from the couch when switching games

you know you can also get digital ones for the one with the disc drive right

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Physical discs are £20 cheaper

That's only because of the UK's weird grocery store centralized game marketplace though. They're the same price digital/physical most other places.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
final fantasy 16 looks incredible goddamn i havent been this hyped since uhhhh 12? gently caress.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Any chance of Bloodborne running at 60 on the PS5 or would they need to basically put out a remake for that

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
New Nvidia cards and PS5 pre-orders on the same day. Will retailers' websites be able to handle this.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Being honest, it wasn't all that bad.

Demon's Souls looks phenomenal and is exclusive.

God of War 2 being released in the not so distant future is great too since the predecessor was arguably the best game Sony's ever released.

And while they may be on PC, if you just prefer the pick up and play nature of a console/don't have a computer hooked up to your TV then Final Fantasy XVI and Deathloop look like super solid games.

Playstation Plus service looks solid for a way for Sony to dip its toes into something resembling Gamepass.

The price isn't a homerun but isn't a strike either. It's satisfactory.

The system also has PS4 backwards compatibility.

Harry Potter is a solid draw for people who aren't goonlords or are not aware or indifferent to the controversy (which is sadly the lionshare of people).

It wasn't the best showing in the world but it is definitely one of the better ones. But like with all conferences we don't know how things will play out as we don't know how these games will be. Remember the Switch reveal? It was hated on both hardware and software. But people didn't realize that Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Arms, and Xenoblade 2 would come out so soon and be as good as they were. Then again look at the "E3 of Dreams": The Last Guardian was disappointing, Final Fantasy VII took a while to come out and had mix reception among fans, and Shenmue III was LMAO. Only time will tell, but so far things are looking good.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm gonna buy a copy of Demon's Souls even if I'm waiting a year at least to get a PS5. :q:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Getting used for cheaper is harder and I feel like loaning out isn’t as big as it used to be.

Reselling is a thing but I’m a hoarder

all physical games I have bought in past 2 years were always a fraction of the cost of them new, or the ones I didn't buy used were also cheaper than digital!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Any chance of Bloodborne running at 60 on the PS5 or would they need to basically put out a remake for that

zero, they'd have to remaster the game

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

People saying they might get the Series X I can almost understand. It is an Xbox after all but it might utilise the hardware inside well even if it has the weird ram again.

The series s however is just a :?: from me. It is weaker in all ways and not as good as the One X in many aspects which is a console from the last gen. plus only has 512gb of storage. I am baffled.
It's £100 cheaper and has GamePass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aphrodite posted:

That's only because of the UK's weird grocery store centralized game marketplace though. They're the same price digital/physical most other places.

I don't live most other places though