Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I'll Nth the OoT 3D run. There's a major glitch around the 1:25:00 mark that, to me, perfect encapsulates the kind of glitches you love to see in a speedrun. It breaks the game, it makes almost zero sense, and it looks and sounds hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

That whole thing was ridiculous. Wasn't it basically him going "can you please wait?" and them going "sure, of course"? :shrug: The ones causing drama were the people who already hated the game/creator and insisted he was CENSORING AGDQ or some dumb poo poo and COMMANDING that they don't show the game (like he has any authority over *GDQ).

I'm glad they did too because I just downloaded and beat Undertale (4 times) about 3 weeks ago. I didn't even realize it was on the schedule until a few days ago

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It's only $5 dollars on Steam if that changes anything for you; it definitely did for me. Based on all of the hype it received (and still receives) I expected $20 or more. At $5 it's very worth checking out.

E: You're probably getting way more info than you cared for but one more thing: The story and dialogue is what you're really paying for with Undertale, and that's going to be skipped/spoiled in a speedrun.

EE: VVV Those, too. It's just a good short lil game! Fair amount of replay value as well; you'll probably play it at least twice. VVV

timp fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 10, 2017

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

RyokoTK posted:

I'm surprised no one in the audience went and kicked that guys rear end for telling them all to kill themselves, really.

Are you really surprised though?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

I think even someone who could handle themselves in a fistfight generally knows well enough to not try and start poo poo on a live charity stream.

Yeah and it's really not even all that offensive, especially when said to a group. It's clearly not meant to be taken personally.

Definitely not saying it was appropriate; I actually haven't even seen it because everybody is saying it's not worth watching. But "person getting so mad they stand up and physically assault the performers" hardly even happens at live sporting events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I just went to the Games Done Quick YouTube channel, viewed all videos, and sorted by Most Popular. Want to guess what the most popular run so far from AGDQ 2017 is right now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NCfx4Zr0i8

Definitely not what I expected

2nd most popular so far is the OoT run, and 3rd most popular is the Dark Souls III run.

• Locked thread