Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I will seriously be impressed if crunchyroll actually releases a takahashi-sensei dakimakura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

This show is really great

There is pretty much zero chance I am reading the manga

They spent the whole animation budget for this episode on weird boy and that's ok.

But if he comes back, there had better be an explanation that helps him fit into the (presumed) ongoing theme of this show

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I guess I'm assuming that new young person is a guy but if I'm wrong then that's ok

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

DisDisDis posted:

I watched the episode with the policeman finally and I thought it was gonna be bad unlike the manga because people kept freaking out about it but it was the same as the manga, and fine, peace

I really don't see any issues with that episode

I can see how some stuff is implied and it's a very good worldbuilding episode with sizeable yet subtle hints but I'm just here for the "monster girls are like everyone else except they overheat easily or have a removable head" hijinks.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Hate-Senpai posted:

They brought manga to my secondary school on my 11th grade.

Incidentally, I started volunteering at the library on my 11th grade.

It's how I found Iron Wok Jan.

I always see people in the manga section of my bookstores (b&n and borders) and I'm glad that any weeabo stigma that was attached to that stuff has reasonably dissipated.

Unless you're an older guy, maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I had a distinctive feeling that this was going to be like an episode for the fans, like the Nadesico movie:

• Bring back all characters for a cameo appearance
  • No real unusual character development... everyone is just a bit older but with the same general flaws
  • Show off all of the endearing qualities of the cast
  • show off a super secret new character that will simply remain a mystery for the end of time because the series is definitely over and no new animation will be produced

Yes, I know that there is a manga. My curiosity for the story does not extend quite that far

• Locked thread