Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This thread is only for people with the sniffles. I'm pretty sure everyone has the sniffles in the world right now but just in case if you don't then get out.

If you have a fever and you're taking some good rear end ny'quil then post on brother. Alternatively, if you have coughed so much your back muscles are strained and sneezing hurts really bad, then you are still alloewd to post in this thread.

If you are healthy then gently caress off.

If you are pumping salt water through your face with a netti pot, then you can post here.

If you are eating some tortilla soup, or onion soup, or chicken noodle soup because your throat hurts you can post here but not if you're eating it just because you are fat and like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hello.

NyQuil NyQuil NyQuil, we love you, you giant loving Q!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
non-sick person here, invading your thread

please don't infect me

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Hot rosehip tea
spoonful of honey
shot of whiskey
spoonful of lemon juice
dash of ginger

You're welcome.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cocaine owns

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
you tea people think you have a tea that fixes everything. it's just awful tasting water.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Are we allowed to post here if we get sick every late December/early January but it hasn't happened yet this year and we're getting more nervous by the day because we know it's coming? If it helps influence your answer OP I also think tea is garbage water.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Tea is just a comfort liquid. The DayQuil and cough syrup is the money shot.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Chinatown posted:

cocaine owns

Dave_Indeed posted:

you tea people think you have a tea that fixes everything. it's just awful tasting water.

you guys should get together

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
gently caress, if I get sick now I'm blaming you guys

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Are we allowed to post here if we get sick every late December/early January but it hasn't happened yet this year and we're getting more nervous by the day because we know it's coming? If it helps influence your answer OP I also think tea is garbage water.

Did you get the flu shot? On 60 minutes the other day they said it was a super close match to this years flu strain.

And I didn't get the flu shot this year because I thought I was smart and cool for not paying 10 bucks to the man. What an rear end in a top hat.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I got the flu shot, was free through my insurance.

I did however travel to a friends house that has children. I knew what I was getting into.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

VendaGoat posted:

Tea is just a comfort liquid. The DayQuil and cough syrup is the money shot.

apparently my wife's entire family has some reaction to dayquil and poo poo themselves and fall asleep or feel bad, idk i don't ask

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I didn't get a flu shot this year because they were out of them when I saw my doc in November and then I forgot to follow up. My parents got them and then got the flu anyway just after Thanksgiving. Tricky little bastards, those viruses.

Thanks for letting me post here hope u feel better.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Second year getting the flu shot.

Got a really bad case back in 2014. Started with me getting horrible pain in my hips and knees due to the joints becoming inflamed.

Had to take a week off work (unpaid).

Only good thing that came out of it was watching The Wolf of Wall Street on a high fever the night before I went to the doctor.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Me IRL right now.

lovely sinuses, painkillers don't help and I can't mix some baking soda and salt in water to flush them out right now.

Buttflakes
Mar 18, 2014

Delicious flakes of butt!
I helped my inlaws move. I swear my mother-in-law is sick at least 1/3 of every year, and she was motherfucking sick when I helped her move. I didn't know 'til it was too late and I had already shared a pipe with her.
The next day, my beloved aunt who is currently going through chemo for breast cancer tells me she's going to drop by and visit in a couple days while she's over here getting shots. I realize like 20mins before she shows up that even though I feel fine, holy gently caress she can't come near me, I could be carrying the sniffles, and that kinda poo poo is major bad news when you're doing chemo and dealing with cancer poo poo. I couldn't let my dear auntie into my house!
Two days later, and here I am, nose running like a mofo fountain. Contemplating shoving a lite-flo tampon in each nostril to sleep, but at least I didn't kill my dear aunt or something.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Are you sure it's not just allergies?

Buttflakes
Mar 18, 2014

Oh no baby, this ain't allergies. I'm sure.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Buttflakes posted:

I helped my inlaws move. I swear my mother-in-law is sick at least 1/3 of every year, and she was motherfucking sick when I helped her move. I didn't know 'til it was too late and I had already shared a pipe with her.
The next day, my beloved aunt who is currently going through chemo for breast cancer tells me she's going to drop by and visit in a couple days while she's over here getting shots. I realize like 20mins before she shows up that even though I feel fine, holy gently caress she can't come near me, I could be carrying the sniffles, and that kinda poo poo is major bad news when you're doing chemo and dealing with cancer poo poo. I couldn't let my dear auntie into my house!
Two days later, and here I am, nose running like a mofo fountain. Contemplating shoving a lite-flo tampon in each nostril to sleep, but at least I didn't kill my dear aunt or something.

I had to go on a business trip the week prior to my bachelor party and this fat kid was sick on the plane. Lo and behold, that fat little bitch gave me a cold and I couldn't die from alcohol poisoning because I couldn't hold it down.

If I could ever kick a child in the head I would pick that kid. gently caress that fat little dirtball.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I've had the weirdest cold this weekend. I've been on some hardcore anti inflammatory steroids for my asthma so i have 0 coughing or chest congestion from this. But my nose is still ask stuffy and throat all itchy

Buttflakes
Mar 18, 2014

Dave_Indeed posted:

fat kid was sick on the plane. Lo and behold, that fat little bitch gave me a cold and I couldn't die from alcohol poisoning because I couldn't hold it down.

Oh holy gently caress, I feel you. The last time my sister visited me, she took a piss in the Dallas airport and the sound of some poor woman vomiting and making GBS threads out her soul was coming from a couple stalls down. She washed her hands and got the gently caress out of there as fast as she could, but 3 days into her visit everyone in my parents' house came down with the plague, including my 89yr old grandma.
There are only so many bathrooms in mom n' dad's place, so I found myself literally making GBS threads in the tub and barfing into the trash in the bathroom across from my older sister who was on the toilet screaming at god to just let her die already.
Rock n' roll, dude.

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
I got the sniffles cuz im dope sick and it sucks haha

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I have the goddamn sniffles but I am gonna beat them with alcohol, since alcohol prevents infections and the sniffles are just an infection on the inside. So I'm drinking heavily

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I keep thinking I'm sick but it's a false alarm. I used up all my sick leave to avoid using vacation leave, would suck if I actually got sick and had to waste vacation hours

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Gargle Listerine when you feel a cold coming on and that usually kills whatever germs are in your mouth and stops it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I have the sniffles and then flew on an airplane and 3 hours later my right ear still hasn't popped. I'm in Hell.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i somehow got pink eye on top of my awful cold. who the hell gets pink eye as an adult?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i somehow got pink eye on top of my awful cold. who the hell gets pink eye as an adult?

Someone who handled a lot of poo poo. :yikes:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Someone who puts their finger in their butt and then touches their eye.

wiley e. sheep
Feb 15, 2016

by zen death robot
this weather makes my nose drip wetter than my dick gently caress the cold

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
A cold virus can kill you.

It replicates faster than your white blood cells can kill it.

Your body takes a piece of the virus and goes into a sort of "search mode" where it circulates through the lymphatic system looking through your database of T-Cells, one of which is the right one that has the correct specific protein sequence that will stop the virus from replicating. Like searching for one correct key located somewhere in several piles of thousands.

When it finally finds the matching T Cell it mass replicates it and every last virus is destroyed and you're cured.

When you have cold symptoms, it means your body is still searching for the correct T Cell. The longer you have the symptoms and the worse they get, the longer it is taking. If your body can't find the correct T Cell in time, you die.

When you get a flu shot, this is like "priming" your T Cell database, sort of like saying to your body "OK you've encountered a virus, check these T Cells first before going on an exhaustive search," if all goes well it will find the right T Cell right away and you might not even notice any symptoms.

When you grow old, your T Cell database starts to degenerate. That's why old people eventually die of a cold or something, even if they don't have other problems.

If you get the HIV virus and don't treat it, it will attack your T Cell database (at which point it's AIDS) and you will die from it. Modern HIV treatments slow or stop the virus from being able to attack the T-Cells. But they don't get rid of the virus; you have to take the HIV meds for the rest of your life or you lose your database.

(I have no idea what the gently caress I'm talking about.)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Someone who puts their finger in their butt and then touches their eye.

hmm, that's fair. i'm all about butts in general.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i was feeling kinda headachy and lovely all day to day, 50 50 chance i wake up tomorrow with a cold. if i do ill blame u dirty goons

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I woke up at 1 am this morning shivering and shooting litres of mucus out my nose I'm proud of my nose cum and I'm glad I have a thread to express it in

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just wanna give a shout out to the bushie's blow, when you're on the go use the bushies blow that's what my mum says

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Wuzzup y'all. Krypto-Krondo snifflemeister here. poo poo sucks. Year-round allergies suck.

Blow nose on paper towel.

Hock loogies the size of Lichtenstein.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The nose is draining every bunch of minutes and blowing it is like using only one sheet of toilet paper.
Going to get some drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BaconCopter posted:

Wuzzup y'all. Krypto-Krondo snifflemeister here. poo poo sucks. Year-round allergies suck.

Blow nose on paper towel.

Hock loogies the size of Lichtenstein.

Double land locked loogies. Hell yeah.

Applewhite posted:

I have the sniffles and then flew on an airplane and 3 hours later my right ear still hasn't popped. I'm in Hell.

I did that last Friday from Dallas to Columbus.

drowned in pussy juice posted:

I just wanna give a shout out to the bushie's blow, when you're on the go use the bushies blow that's what my mum says

Is that when you just hold one side of your nose shut and blow your nose all over the Earth? We call it the "Kentucky Handkerchief" here.

• Locked thread