Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
you can't delete polls lmao
This poll is closed.
can't be done 4 57.14%
i don't have the option 3 42.86%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Revision is poo poo, get GMDX. They're both fairly recent overhauls but Revision takes too many liberties and fucks up all the atmosphere and everything, it changes all the map layouts and clutters everything up. GMDX is just Deus Ex as it should be, but better.

You can't go wrong with the vanilla game either. Play it once vanilla, then play it with GMDX forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If I tried to play deus ex with alterations to the maps I think my brain would seize up and my eyeballs would twitch

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

if you get Deus Ex please also get it on steam with this mod to upgrade your graphics: http://store.steampowered.com/app/397550/

buddy,

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
^^^bruh

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Revision takes too many liberties and fucks up all the atmosphere and everything, it changes all the map layouts and clutters everything up.

no it doesn't? it's still great Deus Ex

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

^^^bruh

no it doesn't? it's still great Deus Ex

it changes the maps

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

The default Charisma/agility character build is pretty much the ideal build for having an easy time because you can get a bunch of followers and be decent with shooting still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuBjeLiWhek

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I like building my own computer, Im not sure if that was what you asked in the OP because i didnt read it

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

trying to jack off posted:

it changes the maps

this is illegal

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Playing a 1 int character in these games is always funny

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Ill never understand why bethesda went retarded 1950s style with fallout, i guess because of bioshock? The first two really have none of that aesthetic in their design

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

Ill never understand why bethesda went retarded 1950s style with fallout, i guess because of bioshock? The first two really have none of that aesthetic in their design
They have the sort of “what people in the 50s imagined a horrible future to be like” aesthetic and Bethesda doesn’t really understand anything so they just made a generic post-apoc setting where people are obsessed with small town diners and Billie Holiday

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

Higher meme potential with epic poo poo like the gang of Elvis impersonators

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Loved the grungy pulp magazine-covers of old Fallout loading screens and foolishly thought that's what a 3D version would come to look like, though I can't fault Bethesda for running with only the B sci-fi elements and cutting the other strands of inspiration. Instead I'll fault them for their models looking so much crappier than the talking heads.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

that was one of the more retarded bits of NV but if they toned it down a bit it would have fit okay, I mean, it's Vegas and House is deliberately trying to build it up to the way it was before

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if the ancient TV dinners were healing items that every NPC has on them instead of a joke item

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

They have the sort of “what people in the 50s imagined a horrible future to be like” aesthetic and Bethesda doesn’t really understand anything so they just made a generic post-apoc setting where people are obsessed with small town diners and Billie Holiday

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I mistook that post last night.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

What if the ancient TV dinners were healing items that every NPC has on them instead of a joke item

the thinking emoji

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Basically I thought that post was like a "Seems like Fallout ripped off Bioshock" post like how someone would say that Fallout New Vegas is missing something from Fallout 3's setting even though it's 10000000x better.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

The Kings were cool. I'm going to loving bury your 4 feet tall self into the ground Larry you piece of poo poo.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plutonis posted:

The Kings were cool. I'm going to loving bury your 4 feet tall self into the ground Larry you piece of poo poo.

That's one small hole

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

My nuts swing and rustle in the gentle breeze

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*uses a microscope and tweezers to displace 1 single molecule of dirt* Dearly beloved we are gathered here today

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

*uses a microscope and tweezers to displace 1 single molecule of dirt* Dearly beloved we are gathered here today

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Wormskull posted:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Wormskull posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I got reports of a lethal own in here, is that true?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I got reports of a lethal own in here, is that true?

what the gently caress is this avatar

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

what the gently caress is this avatar

It's They Live X Yoshis Island from what I can tell

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

It's They Live X Yoshis Island from what I can tell

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

• Locked thread