Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
you can't delete polls lmao
This poll is closed.
can't be done 4 57.14%
i don't have the option 3 42.86%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

It's They Live X Yoshis Island from what I can tell

I found it clever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

the original owner of my previous avatar turned up so I needed something else

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I like it

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

you would

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-30-dont-expect-another-deus-ex-game-anytime-soon

"These plot points were intended to be resolved in a third game, which would also complete the trilogy of Deus Ex titles begun by predecessor Human Revolution.

Much of this remaining story was once intended for Mankind Divided, Eurogamer has heard, until the game grew too large in scope and had to be curtailed. (Even with this, Mankind Divided's development took five years). It's unclear if this untold story will now be left unresolved - or tied up in another medium, such as a graphic novel."

Deus Ex is dead again because Mankind Divided was half a game on purpose and now the other half will never exist and the entire team got moved to three different Marvel projects.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-30-dont-expect-another-deus-ex-game-anytime-soon

"These plot points were intended to be resolved in a third game, which would also complete the trilogy of Deus Ex titles begun by predecessor Human Revolution.

Much of this remaining story was once intended for Mankind Divided, Eurogamer has heard, until the game grew too large in scope and had to be curtailed. (Even with this, Mankind Divided's development took five years). It's unclear if this untold story will now be left unresolved - or tied up in another medium, such as a graphic novel."

Deus Ex is dead again because Mankind Divided was half a game on purpose and now the other half will never exist and the entire team got moved to three different Marvel projects.

Good

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

yeah i also saw this this morning and it pissed me the gently caress off!!!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Oh hell yes, I LURVES me some Marvel! Based Iron Man, superpowers; hobby-grade soulless filmmaking; genre-blended, multi-movie cinematic universe; meta-growth, choice + epic Marvel Heroes!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh hell yes, I LURVES me some Marvel! Based Iron Man, superpowers; hobby-grade soulless filmmaking; genre-blended, multi-movie cinematic universe; meta-growth, choice + epic Marvel Heroes!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

*me, reading this story in front of eidos Montreal HQ behind dark sunglasses*: I'll take the GEP gun.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Human Revolution was pretty cool and I've been insanely disappointed by everything the developers have done and said since its release

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aug Lives Matter lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
He's an augger!!! It shocks you, it shocks you

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Human Revolution was pretty cool and I've been insanely disappointed by everything the developers have done and said since its release

HR was really great and I played it 10+ times but I have 0 motivation to replay the new one. The new thief was done by the Montreal B team and it was pretty lousy.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vVF-Hvykg

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Truer words were never spoken

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

and Ric Flair

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I never noticed the word "semen" is in horsemen until today.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious frankie posted:

I never noticed the word "semen" is in horsemen until today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmmBz8Biwb0

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

woah!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just built my first computer

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

frank.club posted:

I just built my first computer

Nice! Did it turn on, the first go? (Which isn't such a stupid question! Since although I work in IT and have used PCs all my life, I don't build new ones that often, so I -and others I know- often don't double-check everything and end up forgetting something stupid, even if it's just not turning on the power supply switch/toggle. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence, I know :D )

So, what games are you gonna start with? If you haven't already played it, I will forever recommend The Witcher 3 (and Rainbow Six: Siege, if you like FPS').

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When I built my computer it didn't turn on at first and I thought I broke something but I had a fan plugged into the wrong port and the computer was preventing itself from overheating. Good job computer

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah mine didn't turn on in the first go and I freaked out. Then I discovered after an hour of testing that I had put the connection from the motherboard to the power switch on backwards. The cables are still a total mess and each time I go to turn it on I get a little anxious but right now it's working and I'm pumped

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Major Isoor posted:

Nice! Did it turn on, the first go? (Which isn't such a stupid question! Since although I work in IT and have used PCs all my life, I don't build new ones that often, so I -and others I know- often don't double-check everything and end up forgetting something stupid, even if it's just not turning on the power supply switch/toggle. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence, I know :D )

So, what games are you gonna start with? If you haven't already played it, I will forever recommend The Witcher 3 (and Rainbow Six: Siege, if you like FPS').

Lol, there was a moment after I solved my problem where I went crazy and tried to turn it on and it did nothing. I freaked until I saw that I forgot to plug the power cable back in. I've already gone through Witcher on PS4, but when I transfer my games over I wanna run Arma to see if it will finally be decent for me. There were a lot of games that my laptop couldn't handle that I can play now. Xcom2, dark souls 1, and a few others

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

frank.club posted:

The cables are still a total mess and each time I go to turn it on I get a little anxious but right now it's working and I'm pumped

Oh man, I really can't live with messy cables in my PC - everythingis tucked in and ordered nicely, just so that part replacements/additions are quick and easy. Plus I guess it might also improve airflow due to fewer obstructions, I suppose.

...Dust, however...yeah, I should probably make sure no dust has accumulated, when I get home....ehhh I'll do it some other time, I'm sure :D

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No one is allowed to own me for how many hours I have in arma

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Major Isoor posted:

Oh man, I really can't live with messy cables in my PC - everythingis tucked in and ordered nicely, just so that part replacements/additions are quick and easy. Plus I guess it might also improve airflow due to fewer obstructions, I suppose.

...Dust, however...yeah, I should probably make sure no dust has accumulated, when I get home....ehhh I'll do it some other time, I'm sure :D

Yeah I'm trying to figure something out. Unfortunately the way that a couple of wires for my fans and other things worked out they would lay really close to my gpu. Currently the bulk of them are bundled together but I still want to get the situation together

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

No one is allowed to own me for how many hours I have in arma

arma seems like fun imo. under the right circumstances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

doughvakiin posted:

arma seems like fun imo. under the right circumstances

I really like it, especially single player missions that are made so you start off with a squad and through doing objectives you can 'buy' platoons you can order to do stuff.

• Locked thread