Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
you can't delete polls lmao
This poll is closed.
can't be done 4 57.14%
i don't have the option 3 42.86%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

this has never happened

it's happening right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

and Ric Flair

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just built my first computer

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah mine didn't turn on in the first go and I freaked out. Then I discovered after an hour of testing that I had put the connection from the motherboard to the power switch on backwards. The cables are still a total mess and each time I go to turn it on I get a little anxious but right now it's working and I'm pumped

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Major Isoor posted:

Nice! Did it turn on, the first go? (Which isn't such a stupid question! Since although I work in IT and have used PCs all my life, I don't build new ones that often, so I -and others I know- often don't double-check everything and end up forgetting something stupid, even if it's just not turning on the power supply switch/toggle. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence, I know :D )

So, what games are you gonna start with? If you haven't already played it, I will forever recommend The Witcher 3 (and Rainbow Six: Siege, if you like FPS').

Lol, there was a moment after I solved my problem where I went crazy and tried to turn it on and it did nothing. I freaked until I saw that I forgot to plug the power cable back in. I've already gone through Witcher on PS4, but when I transfer my games over I wanna run Arma to see if it will finally be decent for me. There were a lot of games that my laptop couldn't handle that I can play now. Xcom2, dark souls 1, and a few others

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No one is allowed to own me for how many hours I have in arma

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Major Isoor posted:

Oh man, I really can't live with messy cables in my PC - everythingis tucked in and ordered nicely, just so that part replacements/additions are quick and easy. Plus I guess it might also improve airflow due to fewer obstructions, I suppose.

...Dust, however...yeah, I should probably make sure no dust has accumulated, when I get home....ehhh I'll do it some other time, I'm sure :D

Yeah I'm trying to figure something out. Unfortunately the way that a couple of wires for my fans and other things worked out they would lay really close to my gpu. Currently the bulk of them are bundled together but I still want to get the situation together

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

doughvakiin posted:

arma seems like fun imo. under the right circumstances

I really like it, especially single player missions that are made so you start off with a squad and through doing objectives you can 'buy' platoons you can order to do stuff.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo I'm Finally gonna be able to play dragons dogma

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's weird seeing dark souls run well lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played that pirate vanilla wow server for a month it was cool but I couldn't imagine being so many expansions behind in content.

• Locked thread