Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
you can't delete polls lmao
This poll is closed.
can't be done 4 57.14%
i don't have the option 3 42.86%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The number of cores doesn't matter because 99% of all programs but especially games don't actually use more than 1 core. So you just get one with good clock speed and stop worrying

An SSD makes your games load way faster but they wear out really fast compared to a regular HDD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the PC I have is an i buy power thing because a friend recommended it to me and I didn't want to put it together myself. Anyway it has a bunch of obscure hardware problems so I would have been better off just buying a shitbox Dell and putting some better parts in it, and probably would have been cheaper in the long run

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also for some reason the SATA cables are threaded through conduits that are impossible to get to without removing the motherboard and taking a panel off the inside of the case

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

actually modern ssds with normal use will theoretically last your entire life

I'm probably the only gamer in the world who's worried about this because i still use the 100GB drive that came with my first computer

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainsDescendant posted:

I got a 99$ refurb PC off of woot dot com because I'm a poor and so I play old as games and new ones that don't need graphics cards like rimworld and I feel like I'm in a weird ghetto between console gamers and PC gamers but that's ok because I don't really like high fidelity modern gaming experiences but I wish I could run new vegas because its fun and I like the mods it has available

Anyway do any of you guys play old rpgs like baldurs gate because those are some goodass games

Also GTA San Andreas runs perfectly on my PC and that's really surprising to me

Playing Bethesda games :how:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like Infinity Engine games, but I've always been really bad at using the dudes abilities, so I always play a Paladin or a Wizard and try to solo everything. Unfortunately that's why I've had trouble getting in to the new Obsidian games like that because they don't let one class be strong enough to solo the game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The default Charisma/agility character build is pretty much the ideal build for having an easy time because you can get a bunch of followers and be decent with shooting still.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Playing a 1 int character in these games is always funny

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

Ill never understand why bethesda went retarded 1950s style with fallout, i guess because of bioshock? The first two really have none of that aesthetic in their design

Higher meme potential with epic poo poo like the gang of Elvis impersonators

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if the ancient TV dinners were healing items that every NPC has on them instead of a joke item

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

• Locked thread