Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

This is from 2005 although I thought it was from 2006, but I had never heard of it and Ill never have a chance to talk about it in any other threads:

Anyone ever watch Starship Operators? I just watched it a few weeks ago and really ended up enjoying it. Its a scifi series set in a universe where a large empire comes out of nowhere and annexes the homeworld of the heroes, which only has a navy of two capital ships. One is destroyed and the other which is filled with trainee officers on a live exercise is ordered to surrender. Instead they gently caress off, sailing away, claiming to be the government in exile of their homeworld and trying to drum up support for a war, which they end up doing by selling the rights to thier story to a news agency and letting them put cameras on their ship to livestream the war and turn themselves into a reality show.

The art and story isnt anything reat but I really enjoyed the naval battles. They were tactical in a very satisfying way. The very first encounter they have is an automated defense turret on an asteroid, which has Infinite Ammo for its mass driver because its built into an asteroid and the mass driver just keeps digging up and firing more rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread