Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Haven't seen enough to nominate any Worst anime (only started watching a couple of years later, so I've only really cherry-picked shows I've heard good things about) but I've seen enough for a Top 5:

1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Slightly biased since this was the first anime I watched since my childhood watching Tenchi and Dragonball Z on Toonami - but it's still a personal favourite for me. Excellent protagonist (which as noted has been shamelessly copied in the subsequent decade), and excellent art direction for a TV anime (The amateur film episode alone is a work of art).

2. Black Lagoon
I remember this as been dumb fun. The anime equivalent of a 80s action movie. Revels in ultra violence and outlandish set pieces. The GIF that's already been posted really sums it up.

3. Welcome to the NHK
Surprisingly heartwarming and funny at times.

4. Ouran Host High School
Was funny, fluffy and cute. There were some odd tone shifts at times, but I enjoyed it.

5. Bartender
Ended up watching this series over the course of a year, watching an episode here and there. Using the history of a certain drink to contrast with life's problems was really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread