Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I don't have enough memories of bad shows, and I generally didn't watch enough anime at the time (somehow), so no bad shows ranking.

Best shows of 2006

1. ARIA the Natural because it's ARIA which has thoroughly earned its place on my Forever Best Animes Of All Time list. All the individual seasons flow together so I can't speak for The Natural individually, but ARIA manages to produce a sincere feeling of everyday enjoyment and adventure, with vignettes of growing as a person through doing what you love.

2. Welcome to the N.H.K. mostly for the comedy elements...

3. Suzumiya Haruhi because I still have great memories of "being part of it" while it was happening, the TV run provided a great experience. And I think it's undeniable that it left a thorough mark on anime and the fandom as a whole.

Special mentions, though not necessarily because they're good.

Rec and Binchou-tan for being kinda-cute respectively over-the-top-saccharine and both overall enjoyable, but I especially have memories of them since those were among the few shows I have participated in fansubbing. I went in as translator on them, but my lack of skill/experience and stubborn perfectionism meant I had to get off long before the end of the season. That was for the Koda-less gg, Binchou-tan ended up dropped, and someone else took over translation on Rec. I did end up getting Japanese DVD's for Binchou-tan though. (Maybe I should watch it again.)

Shana just for the Shana-tan specials, urutai urutai urutai!

Sasami Magical Girls Club was not actually good, but stood out to me for having more naturalistic voice acting than most.

I only watched Shuffle later but I did enjoy it. I think at the time I was avoiding harem-type shows for the most part, but was convinced somewhere to try it for the story and I did enjoy it despite the premise originally turning me off it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread