Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The best:

1. ) the Aria from this year
2.) Binchou-tan
3.) Ouran High School Host Club
4.) Blood+
5.) Jigoku Shoujo

The Worst:
1.) Simoun
2.) Rozen Maiden Traument
3.) Shuffle

I finished all of these shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

-1: Eureka Seven - First things first, I really, REALLY love the soundtrack. I still get hype when I listen to those songs to this day.

Now, some background: I've lurked SA for like 8 years prior to registering, and used it's open access to follow the anime scene since catching up on TTGL after it aired. I noticed there was a HUGE bias towards Eureka Seven since it was the favorite of the longtime subforum mod, and so naturally I tried looking at it to see what was up. Episode after episode passes and aside from rocking out to the opening and ending every time I keep wondering what in the gently caress do people actually enjoy about this show? Sure, some of the surfing robot battles are cool, but is there even a character to like? A story to be engaged with? Anything? And back then it was absolutely impossible to negatively critique or question the Eureka Seven dogma. I finished all the episodes with glazed-eyes of boredom and confusion as to how not a single person ever voiced anything wrong with this show.

So guess what? My opinion is that the show sucks! Main character sucks a big suck, story sucks, main girl mostly sucked, the couple (names forgotten) were the best characters albeit in a minor role, and this show especially sucks for having such loving awesome music tied to it while sucking so hard. Also :lol: at AO, your sucky series deserved its sucky sequel!

Thanks for ruining my anime credibility, 2006.

Good thing it's 2017 and the mod doesn't watch anime. The injustice is over

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

There's a load of good shows every year, its just that good shows from 2005 will have had the chance to pass the test of time

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

RasperFat posted:

Fate/Stay Night was just a terrible show all around. The characters were ugly. The pacing was abysmal. The fight scenes were unimpressive. And the MC was so awful, for basically the entire show. He has Saber, the most powerful goddamn hero, and refuses to let her fight because of "honor" or some poo poo. The whole thing comes off misogynist as hell, and he never crawls out of that pit of being a sexist idiot. At least Unlimited Blade Works was better than this train wreck.

Yeah that's the fate arc dude.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

RasperFat posted:

Yeah I know but the way they edited the show it felt like forever before Shirou came around. He was less of an rear end about it in UBW it seemed like too. It was always dumb, but in the first F/SN, it was presented more like a positive character trait than a flaw to be overcome.

That's part of his character development over the three arcs, yes.

He's less of an rear end about it in UBW, and again in HA, that's the narrative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Y'all are really weird about the baps

• Locked thread