Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm not a big fan of the second half of eureka seven but i think the first half is extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'd say it takes like three episodes. after a point it gets really fantastic until like episode 25 and everything after that is pretty good but i don't think it ever quite reaches the same high again outside of a couple eps

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think nhk is particularly amazing watching through it for the first time right now, but it does have an amazing op and that wins a lot of points from me

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the first half of eureka seven has, like, three really slow building episodes immediately at the start that lead in to lots of great, fun character moments and concludes in one of the best arcs of the entire show with lots of really interesting character and world building for most of the cast

it kind of lost me after that but while e7 isn't perfect i don't really get the intense hatred of it, unless people were just that hard on selling the show at the time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Willsun posted:

People were, and still are, selling Eureka Seven as one of the greatest must-watch series.

For instance I still think Haruhi Suzumiya was a great series, but I wouldn't ever recommend it as a must-watch series because I don't think most normal people would enjoy the cutesy moe poo poo with Mikuru and Kyon's sister.

i mean. i could see people not liking the stuff with mikuru. but... kyon's sister is a really small part of the show and doesn't get any weird scenes???

also i don't really see all that many people trying to sell eureka seven that hard around here these days, it's mostly just a few people who just really like eureka seven

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 19, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Thank you!

Regarding Haruhi, on the surface it looks like Bakemonogatari without any wit or supernatural elements, and I'm just...not interested in moe stuff or sexual harassment, so I keep skipping it despite what feels like everyone in ADTRW lauding it as the best anime ever, or something. Could someone tell me I'm wrong and convince me to watch it? (Or not, that's cool too, my backlog is ridiculously long.)

it's not really quite the same as monogatari. it's mostly a fun weird adventure thing with really good directing, the majority of it is short stories that explore the cast more. the only "plot arcs" in the series are either cut up into bits and revisited across the series like season 1, or mostly consist of pretty normal character drama in season 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
remember to watch in broadcast order (episode 25 first, followed by episode 1 and 2, and then episode 7 for the first four episodes) because the episode orders have been rearranged ever since season 2 and it kind of fucks with s1's structure

• Locked thread