Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I have a similar list only I have a second juve, 1 champion has a combat shotgun, and instead of shotguns I gave two gangers dual stub pistols. The dual stub pistol guys were the MVPs of my first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
The WD that has the Genestealer Cult rules also has a 3 page profile of a scratch built Scavvy gang made by John Blanche, and it says they're "for an upcoming game has has planned later in the year". I really wouldn't be surprised if we continue to see outlander gang rules in WD that use existing models from other kits.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

JBP posted:

I assembled my necromunda Escher gang using dual pistols a lot and I understand the real game rules will gently caress me up for doing this. Should I just pull all their arms off and replace the second pistol with stilettos?

Dual pistols are good. -1 accuracy for shooting two pistols but +2 accuracy for close range (which you should always be in).

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
No? I'm talking about stub guns not autopistols. -1 +2 = +1 overall. Two shots at 3+ are better than one at 2+.

Dual pistols also still grant you a bonus (albeit unarmed) bonus melee attack.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I initially tried a red and yellow scheme on mine but they looked like they belonged to House McDonalds

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
An inquisitor game seems like it would be perfect for that format. It would lend itself well to customization of your dudes, you could conceivably fight every type of enemy, and you could bring in Space Marines at a certain point in the game. It's such low hanging fruit that I don't understand why nobody has gone for it after the success of XCOM.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Isn't that what Inquisitor - Martyr is/is supposed to be?

Huh. I think I thought this one was that Inquisitor third person shooter.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

ineptmule posted:

You’ll need a few of the three-armed acolyte hybrids, and a couple of the as-yet super rare aberrants, for which we’ve seen previews of new minis coming out some time “soon.”

I would argue you really don't need Acolyte minis at all for Necromunda. That third arm isn't something you get by default, and there heads and bodies in the Neophyte box for the special/heavy weapons that are pretty close Acolytes already. I wanted my GSC gang to look more human, so that's what I did.

Abberants are cool and all, until you play a scenario where they have to roll for intelligence to be activated and they just stand there the whole game.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Holy crap, you guys have shields. I've been looking for some for my freeguild for like a year now.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
It's much better as a campaign as the gear and builds your guys end up with has elements of randomization and scarcity, so you end up with a lot of fun things that don't happen in one-offs.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

always be closing posted:

I was being obnoxious, apologies.

I was thinking of Mordheim. Which is probably more popular now than ever before. Id be happy to do a write up for a new OP.

Why is this? Youtube is recommending me Mordheim content from every wargaming channel right now and I'm curious what caused the resurgence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I think they gave up between GW releasing stuff faster than could be handled and the creators of the community PDF "fixing" rules without making it clear they were doing so.