Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Wow GW's been absolutely killing it lately with their more approachable and entry games, Warcry and Kill team are fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Kharnifex posted:

I bought shadowvault, into the dark, and alot of zone mortalis floors, and walls and columns and Ive preordered the terrain only shadowvault box as well.

The plan is to make a 6*4 Space crusade table with the original game in the middle expanding out, and have a big mixed marines vs Hulk scum fight with second Ed rules.

There's a shadowvault terrain only box?! where?! How much? I would gladly buy that over a full expansion! link please!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 29, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Kharnifex posted:

I've only been told it's on the cards, and I got put on my game stores list, you could always get the terrain only into the dark instead of waiting for something that is speculation? But they were pretty sure.

ah ok, well either ways I'm gonna wait until I see what soulshackle looks like before I make any purchasing decisions, if soul shackle looks super cool and different I might just splurge on a into the dark+Soul Shackle combo if I end up liking kill team enough. Shadowvault's factions did not entice me enough to want to get it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah it's like a boarding action terrain pack or some such, comes with the terrain from Into the Dark but x2 essentially (so what you'd get if you bought into the dark and shadowvaults).

Oh wow! Ok depending on the price I’ll get that if soulshackle has a genuinely unique terrain from Into the dark and Shadowvaults.

I’ll still get an imperial navy mini set though I genuinely like how they look and their gameplay seems super fun.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 30, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I've been Making and printing rules reference sheet and data cards for my upcoming Kill Team Box, it's pretty fun! I bought some heavy card paper to use in my printer, on the one side of the paper it will be the unit details made in the Data Card App, but on the other I went around online looking for cool art to go on the back:-

This is the back of the main Rules reference Sheet:-

This is the back of the Krieg cards:-

This is the back of the Kommando Cards:-

I'll probably make Tiny Tokens for the equipment each unit will wield and their point values, I'm trying to make everything as ready, easily digestible and cool presentation wise as possible for the people I will be introducing the game to!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hey guys I have a question regarding the Kill team roster:-

I noticed that the game allows you to equip side items like specific grenades, mines, shovels, etc. each with an equipment point value (with the total equipment allowed being 10), I built the data cards for my team but I want a good flexible way of assigning equipment differently per game, I cant really see a token specifying this in the starter box, and I dont want to print a checklist for every time we play a game.

I'm thinking of making my own custom tokens that would allow each faction to have a physical thing they can put on their unit card so we can keep track of who is equipped with what. the front of the token is what equipment it is (Krak Grenade, Rosary, Shovel, etc.) and the back of the token is the point value of the item, that way it would be much easier for players to quickly choose and count up their item values to 10 and assign equipment to anyone they want in the team.

would that work? I'll give it a try and see.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Kill team gonna arrive today! :dance:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Got my Kill Team starter box! so hyped to start building and playing!

By the time I explore the game and see if I like it they should announce Soulshackle so by then I'll have figured out where to expand from there.

the question is now how to build my Krieg Veteran squad, what weapons are best, etc. any tips or advice?

is the grenade launcher good? does it ignore cover?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

First impressions of kill team starter set box:-

1) lol I got a misprint and got 2 ork transfer sheets and no imperial Krieg sheets, that sucks I wonder if I can request a free one from GW.

2) the overall quality of everything in the box is really really loving awesome, the models look utterly brilliant, the Krieg are smaller than I expected so I might need to figure out if I can do my designs on them effectively.

3) the presentation of everything is A plus, I’m surprised by how giddy I am opening and reading everything, genuinely excited to start playing this once I’ve assembled everything.

Overall the starter set is a really good value, the only thing I can knock against it is the lack of the tac ops cards those are pretty essential and having to buy them seperately was not great. Also the dice feel slightly cheap but once I’ve figured if I enjoy the game I’ll get a more premium dice stuff.

If the game turns out to be fun to play I will absolutely get a gallowdark thing really soon.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 3, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Muir posted:

If you got it from a third party retailer, GW's missing parts policy is to have the third party just give you a whole replacement box.

Eh it’s not worth the hassle to send back the box half way around the world over a transfer sheet everything else is here I hope there isn’t a sprue missing though that would super suck. I’ll pick through it in detail and find out.

I hope there’s a cheap way to get transfer sheets.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Squibsy posted:

You misunderstand.

You may well get to keep your box, and get a whole new one too.

:aaaaa:

I’ll give it a shot!!!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

So wait do i complain to the Amazon retailer or do I email GW?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lumpy posted:

If you are in the US, PM me, I'll just mail you mine!

Hmmm thanks for the offer sadly that’s not the case and I don’t want to reveal my identity to anyone on the forums.

I have a U.S. post box for online shopping only

I’ll try complaining to customer service like any proud American would and see what happens.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Legit Businessman posted:

You kind of have a problem with Krieg specifically.

If you only have one box:
https://www.reddit.com/r/killteam/comments/swz5hj/recommendation_optimal_build_for_the_death_korps/

Ideally you have two sets worth of guardsmen:
https://www.reddit.com/user/Noeq/comments/suzqt5/guide_assembly_guide_for_the_death_korps_of_krieg/

I bought two boxes of VG so I could field the 14 model option, and also have all of the potential options available (except for bad choices like laspistol + melee for the Sgt Veteran or the Confidant).

Have a look at those guides, and don't be that concerned about the kitbashing the second link requires you do to - I did it with very little issues, and I have never ever touched minis before in my life, and manage to pull it off without the kitbashed model looking like Frankenstein's monster.

As for model choices, the current team I use is:
Sgt Veteran with Plas pistol and Power Sword
Confidant with Bolter
Gunner - Melta
Gunner - Grenadier
Gunner - Plasma
Zealot
Comms
Sniper
Spotter
Medic
Anciliary support Trooper x4

Although I am playing a NARRATIVE campaign, and I am very VERY new to the game. I went with as much shooty as I could muster. I think that the Demo veteran is a fine choice, as is the Flamer gunner, depending on who you are facing. It's pretty universally accepted that the Bruiser Veteran is pretty poop.

thanks so much! Sadly I want to save money for things like the Imperial navy or a gallowdark expansion, if I end up enjoying the game, so I will have to live with the compromise of what I have in box, will follow this guide and see what happens! I’ll post the minis when they’re done! I understand about the bruiser but I’ll go for rule of cool and go for him anyways, I want a charging madman looking dude on the team, worst comes to worst I’ll treat him as a regular trooper.

Also minor update, I fixed the Transfer sheet issue, the retailer is sending me a bunch of replacements, all is well!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 4, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

If you're crafty you can totally make a 10 man team with all the gunners. It just takes some mild sculpting like how I removed the hand from the grip of the melta gun on this guy

Oooooh that’s a great idea I’ll see what I can do!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I researched online and looked through that krieg builds on that reddit post, apparently the single-box krieg that comes in the starter set is severely compromised, those ancillary troops are pretty important and so is being able to field 14 troops with the full gunner options, I’ll just get another veteran box so I can have the full uncompromised team, and use what I have now to learn the ropes of the game in the meantime while it’s shipping. Lol GW got me again.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Building my Ork Kommando team, I gave my Kommando Nob the the power claw, but I loved the choppa arm so much I decided to stick it on my Slasha boy, I managed to make it look normal when I glued it on, but it’s pretty clear it’s a slightly bigger arm than the other knife arm.

I have decided that if anyone asks me why the right arm is bigger than the left I’ll just say that that’s his Choppin, and Jerkin’ arm lol.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Floppychop posted:

Cover, use it. (both of you)

The emperor is all the shield I need!

*instantly dies a horrible death, soul eaten*

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

stackofflapjacks posted:

I started collecting Tau this year after a looong hiatus and now I'm curious about the Into the Dark set? What all comes in the $210 set? Everything to play Kill Team as far as rules and dice etc? I got Pathfinders because they seem super cool and now the Kroot look great and seem to be the new team for the Space Hulk esque gameplay, are the Kroot useful in 40k as a unit or are they just regular Kroot Carnivores?

Really enjoying the Kill Teams modelling, and collecting based on an army but also rule of cool is so much more fun than trying to build a 'complete' army as fast as I can like I tried for as a teenager.

I really like your paint job Refind Chaos! The blue really pops with the olive

The into the dark set comes with everything you need to play kill team and the terrain you need to play into the dark, however it is highly recommended you purchase the 2022 addendum for a full army list rules if you want to expand from there.

A word of warning though, if you want to play the veteran Krieg and orks you’ll have to buy the octarius rulebook for their full list

Also! Hot tip! If you order from amazon prime Into the Dark only costs 169 dollars!

I’m excited to get around to into the dark but I got the starter set to make sure I enjoy the game before committing to a bigger purchase. There are two more expansions on the way for gallowdark so into the dark is a foot way to start the game if you’re not a cheapass like me.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hey guys, finally built my kill teams, I'll be playtesting the game over the next week and see how I like it, will report back with impressions I have, if I do enjoy it I'm gonna double team Into the dark and Soulshackle for sure. Once the paints arrive I'll showcase them in the painting thread.

In other news, I tried the videogame version of Warhammer AoS underworlds, I was really surprised how much I really enjoyed the game! it's fast, action packed, easy to learn, a fun deck building and melee combat game, and it's perfect as a more casual game to play along side the more involved 'Kill Team' experience.

I am absolutely going to pick up the game! however, because I'll have to ship it across the globe, I would like add some decks and teams on top of the 'gnarlwood' box so that I can have a good collection of stuff and options to last a while.

What other teams/decks/accessories do you reccomend?

From what I'm looking around casually, the teams that caught my eye are the Vampires, Lizardmen Pirate ogre and the sigmar marines, Sadly the Minotaur Elves seem to be completely gone online which is sad because it's by far my favourite looking group from AoS in general other than goblins. oooh the snake people and fish elves look really cool too!

thanks!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 13, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Teams are evenly matched for the most part so just pick with ever you like - imho if you like the teams its worth just getting 2 different boxed sets since you might also want additional game boards. Also get card sleeves for your stuff - single box of ultra pro or dragon shields should serve you right (100 sleeve pack)

Done! Got two boxed sets and Dragon shield sleeves, this should set me up for a long time, thanks!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ok I’ve done some playtests of Kill team recruit edition, my verdict is that this game is really really loving great, very action packed, very interesting, and the depths you can go to as you move from the basic move-shoot-kill action into the specific team abilities, missions, tac ops, win conditions and such really make this a super interesting and fantastic game with alot to offer! This is absolutely the kind of streamlined 40k experience I was looking for, and I really like how the game is structured in a way that forces you to keep pushing, be aggressive and dont dilly daddle or else you’ll find yourself without VP’s needed to win in the end. And the team members each have really important contributions and skills to give to the situation, it’s like playing a mix of Xcom and team fortress, love it.

I had no problems at all understanding the rules even from the rule book, it ‘ramps up’ really well, which is the opposite experience from what I had from 40k where I got lost four pages in (then again it’s been decades so maybe I was just stupid then)

I’m still scratching the surface and learning the intricacies, but I’m in no doubt as to what I think overall of the game, it’s fantastic, I like it alot, I went ahead and ordered Into The Dark since either ways the whole point of buying the recruit edition was to see if I liked the whole vibe of the game, and turns out, I do! And from what I’m reading online Into the Dark is an utterly fantastic rendition of Kill team. I really dig the Imperial navy so I got that box, really excited to see how soulshackle turns out. Gonna paint the Kroot as different species of birds lol.

One thing that I really need to figure out and study more, is the ‘Spec Ops’ Campaign structure, I’m actually surprised they managed to make a kind of videogame storymode exp-currency aspect to this lol, I’m a little bit confused as to the specifics of using their data slate cards, requisitioning, base building (wtf lol) equipment gathering, etc, I’ll need to learn more and more as I go along, its alot more involved than I was expecting.

One thing however I wish I had more access to is layout options and ideas, I currently have the recruit edition, and the rulebooks are surprisingly light on layout options, so I’ll have to figure out how to translate the mission options they give me in the core book with what I have on hand, if you guys have any sites that share layout/mission ideas that would be appreciated.

Also, one really encouraging sign I was getting was that some co-workers of mine showed genuine interest and commented about how ‘cool’ into the dark looked, they even expressed interest in trying the game, so I’m optimistic about getting more people to play the game than the usual crowd. :unsmith:

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 15, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

So I bought a Blood Bowl Black Orc sprue for my Kommandos and I can’t decide which head I prefer.

Option 1: Jawesome

Option 2: "You merely adopted the WAAAAAGGHH. I was born in it."

WOOOOWWW drat I wish I did that that’s so cool!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Utterly fantastic, absolutely picking that up as the next team

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I was really lucky to find the Direchasm box for a decent price and it’s insane that it was the only way for me to get the cow elves, absolutely ridiculous that they don’t have all the warbands readily available especially now that they’ve refreshed the system to be more universally friendly to all teams, if it wasn’t for that really awesome dude who tipped me off I definitely would’ve never got the elves.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 19, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Both underworlds gnarlwood and direchasm boxes in the mail so loving excited :dance:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Games workshop:- barely a month into this hobby and I’m already bankrupt

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Wow dude that’s really incredible work

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

God drat with the new Escher models, walking robots and this GW is really pulling out all the stops for necromunda, absolutely fantastic models!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I’m still in shock I managed to nab a direchasm box a week ago for like only sixty bucks I was certain I’d never find a copy that affordable. Really looking forward to painting those cow elves and slaaneshi they’ll go great with the gnarlwood set I got as well.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Holy poo poo my Underworld boxes (direchasm and gnarlwood) are arriving early!!! Gonna recieve them in a few hours! So excited! :dance:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I want to give a big fat warning to people getting AoS underworlds, in this case gnarlwood and direchasm, be very careful with pushing the pegs of the figures into the holes, the plastic is much more fragile than you expect and the way the models are cast means that weak points are located either on or around the pegs, I almost accidentally broke one of the legs of the skeleton knights (thank gently caress I noticed the bend starting before it was too late) and let me tell you the neighbors had a great time listening to the shriek I let out.

I think I’ll settle for glue thanks.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 4, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Talas posted:

I already snip pegs from way before, but yes, I can see how the legs of the skellies are quite vulnerable, but they are just so pretty. Can we see yours when you finish? These are mine:

Wow these rule! I’ll definitely post mine when I get to it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Siivola posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/05/carry-kill-team-in-your-pocket-with-the-critical-ops-card-pack/

Time to throw out my Tac Ops decks since they're old and busted after more than a year of Kill Team six months of ItD one game of Matched Play.

We knew what we were getting into.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

radlum posted:

Had my second game of Kill Team last week; it was a lot of fun, though I do need more practice. My game took twice as long as the other games in the store and by the time I conceded, the owner was already closing the store. Still good game, I hope the community here keeps growing.

nice dude! what's your team?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Siivola posted:

I genuinely expected the new starter set to have a shelf life longer than six months.

It's obviously silly to get mad about GW doing GW things, especially since these updates will all be available for free online, but this one got me good.

Dude they didn’t delete all the rules and throw the entire game out the window they’re just releasing some new cards to streamline stuff with some extras, you’re fine with what you have.

I’m gonna get it because it’s a cool way to have a faster way to get things going.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

quick reference cards are significantly less useful if the rules on them are out of date

How many times in your life is having the 100% updated cards absolutely necessary are you going to official tournaments every week?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Siivola posted:

They’re updating the generic tac ops objectives. Those are 50% of your victory points and playing those is how you win. You literally cannot play the same game as everyone else if you don’t update.

Edit: And yes I realize this has been standard practice for 40k and AoS for years. I can only imagine it sucks there as well if you’re not grinding a game a week every week.

Ohhhhhh sorry I didn’t understand the extent of the Changes yeah I agree that does suck.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Siivola posted:

Honestly it's not like the previous cards were correct to begin with (one of them's a misprint) so I should just take it easy and play with Wahapedia open on my phone.

Why do something for free when you can give GW your money? :shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

radlum posted:

Still, can't be sure if there's gonna be a game, since we had a coup in my country this morning; it has seemingly failed and the president was arrested while trying to flee the country because he got stuck in traffic, so I'm hoping I can still play this week.

What the gently caress which country are you ok? Stay safe!

Just looked up the news… god damnit Pedro… you had one job and that’s not to gently caress up….

When things stabilize would love to see you’re minis when you’re done with them.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 7, 2022