Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Z the IVth posted:

Love him. Looks like aa possessed Spongebob!

the massive overbite is hilarious and so goofy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Spanish Manlove posted:

Grimdark can suck it

wet blending with contrast paints is fun and easy

I'm having a good time just winging it with vibrant colors on these guys now

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Cyberdemons are cool

Spanish Manlove posted:

The new line of contrast paints are really really fun and will mix nicely with each other so you can wet blend them and do poo poo like this:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I hope they're full on creep and dice have ahegao faces on the 1s

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
People lean way too hard into the sex part of slaneesh and rarely ever do the decadence of food, except that one AOS model of the fat dude on the palanquin. That rules

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Siivola posted:

I wonder how much effort it'd be to kitbash Escher heads on Novitiate bodies.

It's very hard, the habits (or whatever the head coverings are called) are modelled into the torsos, and you slide a little oval shaped face into it like a mask. There's no "insert head here" thing like almost every other model

edit: look at the part in the bottom middle, each torso has a front and back with the habit being split in two

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Randalor posted:

SoB all painted like the hilariously garish Noise Marine from days of old?

Should I paint up my novitiates as bright as my gellerpox?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Notahippie posted:

Or any of the other ways this could go too, the idea of a god of excess and obsession is so much more interesting than just sex poo poo. I want to see people falling to Slaanesh because of anorexia, or obsessive interest in collecting kids toys, or a self-swallowing hikkikomori cycle or something like that. Anything where a normal interest becomes an obsession and then Slaanesh shows up to help it along. There's so much more interesting things you can do with that than most writers or gamers bother to experiment with.

a dude pushing a funko-pop katamari into battle
Gordon Gecko
homer simpson eternally eating donuts in hell

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dragonshirt posted:

I need bases for my Corsair KT. Do you guys have any recommendations for third party bases that look good for KT?

uhh you have a very vague question so I'm going to give a vague answer: depends on what you want to do with them. What theme do you want for your corsairs or kill team in general?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dragonshirt posted:

Sorry, I'm looking for something that looks vaguely industrial, like a Space Hulk floor.

Etsy. Just search "industrial bases 28mm"

https://www.etsy.com/listing/931998423/28mm32mm-bases-industrial-space-set-of-6

fyi corsairs are on 28mm bases.

edit: these also look cool https://www.etsy.com/listing/1186240303/round-industrial-bases-alario-resin
double edit: actually I just ordered some of these for my kroot

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 5, 2022

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The theme for the bugs in the gellerpox box has been "tropical reef"

I love painting in this neon color scheme

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

a fatguy baldspot posted:

it’s like table top xcom

after the first game of the new edition, both my friend and I said the same thing and got super excited

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Painting up a kill team is way more fun than painting a full army as you can take your time without burning out. And you can make multiple kill teams so you're not just painting up 1000 guardsmen

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Siivola posted:

Ain't that the truth. I'm almost done with my team of six Space Wolves and let me tell you I am almost done painting Space Wolves. :v:

(I'll probably expand them out into a small army at some point, if only to use the rest of the box.)

I have a full army of space wolves. Luckily they're mostly primaris, but they have some viking decorations to keep them interesting. I also have a big backlog of characters and some other units for them, including 9 twc. Idk when I'm ever going to feel like painting them up

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The owner of the lgs I go to the most always laughs when he hears someone who plays X game say that they'd love to get into Y game but it's too expensive. The real truth is more like "I'd love to get into Y game but I already spend so much on X" but no one wants to admit that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Al-Saqr posted:

Who did games workshop plagiarize, I thought it was blizzard who plagiarized GW

Dune, Dredd, the thatcher administration, starship troopers, basically any sci-fi from the 70s

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Z the IVth posted:

I wish they would re-release it.

Or at least do an asymmetrical version of Kill Team like the original with the squads of mooks and a big boss.

Custodes on release felt like that but they had to ruin all the fun.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

War and Pieces posted:

I'm completely unfamiliar with Nu-Necrons, I'd there a significant difference between the cyclops guys and the skull guys or is it just aesthetics

do they have different guns or just different heads?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
A lot of the guys in my local KT scene carry their magnetized models in little metal lunchboxes with superheroes and dinosaurs on them.

Kinda like this
https://www.amazon.com/Tin-Box-Company-344707-DS-Lunchbox/dp/B07G7SJDD5/

note: "Tin is considered paramagnetic, or weakly attracted to a magnet. Materials can be diamagnetic, paramagnetic or ferromagnetic. Diamagnetic materials are weakly repelled by magnets, while Ferromagnetic materials are what most people think of as “magnetic” and encompass metals such as Iron, Cobalt and Nickel."

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

a pale ghost posted:

Kommando nob: powerclaw or big Choppa?

math says claw, coolness says choppa

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Siivola posted:

Got my counts-as-deathwatch Space Wolves on the table and finally played a game of Into the Dark.

Let me tell you a dude with a bolter and a power sword is a monster when you put them on Guard. :staredog:

Basic bitch intercessors are scarier than they have a right to be.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Very. You get 6 dudes who are either murder machines or unstoppable monsters depending on how you kit them out and which god they serve.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lumpy posted:

Worst case it is a great opportunity to learn to freehand really well!

Just mix black paint and black ink together to make a very high flowing and opaque black. Use a brush with longer bristles and a nice fat belly. Then practice the symbol on a post it note or something to dissect the shape into easy to make smaller shapes

Pretty sure you can just be like everyone else and make them from the 69th company which is easy to freehand

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If you're crafty you can totally make a 10 man team with all the gunners. It just takes some mild sculpting like how I removed the hand from the grip of the melta gun on this guy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I went to one of the local stores for paint and guess I now have a monkey with a knife and an ogre pirate.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It works a lot better competitively than 40k imo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I don't like how they're tarot sized as I don't know where to get card sleeves that size

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Oh word

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The local guys in my KT scene already made a bunch of printable versions of the new secondaries that are sized to be able to print them out on a sheet of paper, cut out, and glue to a playing card. I like that the game is being updated and balanced but the printed rulebook system is an awful medium for this live games method of updating. But I make due with post it notes and handwritten errata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

counterspin posted:

So if I want the actual rules for Legionarries, is there anywhere I can actually buy them other than the GW app?

They're in the Nachmund book