Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Shadin posted:

The fact that GW products are made in the U.K. is why I don't immediately freak out about their prices. Yeah, there's some name tax for sure, but considering a board game of mostly cardboard is $60 MSRP while being completely made in China makes Blood Bowl at $99 not that big a deal. If those board games were printed in the US they'd be $99 easy.

gw absolutely price gouge with their stuff. lets compare their product to another british company that makes their minis in the uk; victrix. a box of roman legionaries is 30 gbp and has 60 nicely detailed mans in it. lets be fair to gw and compare that to something similar from their line, the freeguild guard. a box of 10 troopers is 15.50 gbp. by what metric are the gw figures three times better than the victrix figures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Shadin posted:

I'm not familiar with their sculpts but I will point out that practically every science fiction or fantasy miniatures are much more expensive than historicals.

well its impossible to claim copyright on a hoplite or whatever, and lots of people are real weird about using proxies, so companies like privateer press and warlord can charge nice little sums for their fictional stuff. but gw is still the king of bending the consumer over the barrel and having em come back for seconds

its really too bad im not into mantics aesthetic, since they offer actual reasonably priced mans

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

:shrug:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Sex Cannon posted:

Cross post!

6 down, 10 to go!

that bright yellow and the checker pattern is just mwah. bellissimo!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

BEEF SLAMJAW

reef blastbody

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

GW continually shoots themselves in the foot. There are millions of people who want to play SW:A right now. They should be trying to profit off that hype; not stifle it.

you are vastly overestimating the popularity of playing with plastic dollies

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

enri posted:

ding ding! congratulations GW, for the fist time in over... 7'ish years? you've made this nerd spend more than £10 in one go on one of your products. Long may it continue.

have you heard bout the new bigger speesh muhrins?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Ashcans posted:

You just asked if you could have a playable WWII game without people playing nazis, not if you could play one without people playing a group that committed gross atrocities :shrug:

I guess you could play the Abyssinian Campaign?

:stare: maybe you should do a little more reading up on what is also known as the rape of ethiopia if you dont think gross atrocities were committed during it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
you still need terrain to property play 40k tho :raise:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Ya'll don't use stuff lying around your house to make terrain??

kids these days have no imagination

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
:hurr: lmbo @ getting mad over 2mm

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hmm, yes. this model that is twice the height of the old one wont matter at all in a game by a company infatuated with true line of sight

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the new one looks like rear end too tho?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

It wont matter because the decades old one is for a dead game which is not the same as the game the new one is for.

What the gently caress is wrong with you people? This is an embarrassing level of idiotic Death Thread barrel scraping.

read the thread mate, im not gonna break it down barney style for your simple brain to digest

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Shadin posted:

Also, knock that poo poo off. Aesthetics are subjective, but you know drat well that he meant the new one is technically superior in sculpting and casting than poo poo made decades ago. Just because you don't like the aesthetic of something doesn't mean you can't have a rational, objective discussion about whether one is a superior product in the technical sense.

sorry im not gonna put a lot of effort into an argument when its presented as "thing x looks like poo poo, im glad its going away"

doesnt matter if its a no effort shitpost or a long winded sincere argument, it will only be met with mocking and derision by the nu gw fanclub

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
2mm lol

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Shadin posted:

Ah yes, we're all the ones shitposting and you can't post anything worth reading because us in the "nu gw fanclub" will just mock poor little you and deride your amazing content filled posting.

nah i just like laughing at people who wrap their sense of worth around a companys products

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Xlorp posted:

At these point and model levels it plays better as a worker placement and area control game
:goonsay:

6mm? lead? loving gross, get out of here with your ancient ugly models for a 30 year old dead game that no one cares about

:buddy:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pau posted:

Funny answer, I got a spanish edition and we get the shortest stick. Instead of getting the whole thing translated we get an extra free black and white rules booklet translated with no fluff or pretty drawings. All rules are there, and it clocks at 36 pages so I'm gonna guess since the actual english rulebook is 105 pages, you get 69 pages of fluff. Not bad.

holy poo poo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
wow, the english version too you say? what a great value for spanish speakers!

i guess they could sell the book on ebay and be spared the terrible fluff :thunk:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

Having received my NM set and Gang War, I have to say that I am very disappointed in GW's decision to split these up. The 3-D battlefield section in Gang War is literally 5 pages, mostly images, and could have easily been added to the core rules under "Advanced Rules" or "Hey - you have a Sector Mechanicus kit? Check this poo poo out!" without alienating any first time players. Hell, it might get them psyched for playing "real" NM. To add to that, who thought it was a good idea to make one set of stats for the 2-D version, then tell people to toss them out the window if playing on a 3-D table?

I'm late to this particular discussion, but I have to side with the MWG guy who said he was really disappointed. I am really having a hard time understanding why the guy had to do an apology video, since everything he said was pretty much spot on. I was really psyched for this release, and now I'm kind of bummed upon seeing the result.

far be it from gw to wring every red cent they can from their customers

i watched the mwg video that caused all the hubbub and the dude wasnt out of line at any point. mostly seemed to be people getting their panties in a twist because he wasnt pleased with the game out of the box

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Floppychop posted:

Seconding this. It's perfect for infantry sized stuff.

I only use the standard tube applicator cements for being stuff like vehicles.

yep, bought a bottle after seeing people sing its praises. i used it once, then immediately threw my testors cement in the trash

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
just glue it back together?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

JcDent posted:

Just crushed an unpainted ganger under my knee, that's what I get for having a messy table.

please provide a picture

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

To be fair it wouldn't be the first time the GW social team trolled sisters players.

gw has been actively trolling sisters players for close to 2 decades now

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
holy poo poo those van saar look like old infinity sculpts

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Moola posted:

if there are no marines in the underhives then explain THIS!

marines lol

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

Between this and previously-previewed stuff like the Corpse Guild, I'm glad they aren't being shy about putting some really weird concepts into miniature form.

ah yes the highly weird concept of bipedal robot

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Shadin posted:

Yeah I didn’t read the article either.

yea its totally a weird rogue trader era bug sasquatch in a metal suit guys

hey guys remember rogue trader? allow us to tickle your nostalgia pits so you will buy our poorly formed resin thanks

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Slimnoid posted:

And I mean, if Titanicus only cares about base size, there's nothing stopping people with old models slapping them onto different base sizes and going from there. Same with E:A too, I imagine. iirc, E:A's line of fire is more abstract than the usual TLOS stuff from usual GW games, so I don't think it'd even be a big enough issue so long as they're all on the right base size.

hmm yes, im sure nu-gw, who dont believe their player base can handle concepts such as abstracted line of sight or cover in 8th ed 40k or aos will surely use it in their revision of a 15 year old rule system

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
you realize the scale refers to the height of an average man right?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
you realize what company we are discussing here?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
:discourse:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
biglys dont have chainswords so they can gently caress off :c00lbert:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

gw really cant help themselves can they?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
who needs 3rd party cheesecake models to paint one handed when you can get them officially?!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
it means he doesnt think theyre that great. people like different things for different reasons. i understand some of you have difficulty with this concept, but its real

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
no it conveyed that he didnt find the models that great. pretty simple really

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i think thats his opinion but youre right, i could be wrong. he definitely doesnt find them inspiring tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
it is your opinion that his opinion is objectively wrong, but its my opinion that you are confused about the meaning of objectively