Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

SWA had rules for boss monster one-figure gangs like the lictor, harlequin solitaire, and Sly Marbo.

You could probably do something similar in 2022, and maybe roll in an armiger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

"Your kill team is a tank crew" makes a lot of sense in a post Fury (2014) world.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You could maybe do it if each crewman acted on their own activation, and if it were possible to attack separate components like the treads or sponsons.

It'd be its own minigame, but so many of these new teams are like that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You want Warmaster Revolution, it's good!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

In the old fluff, Chaos Space Marines didn't have access to hover vehicles because they were too fussy to maintain.

On the other hand, Fury Road was a great movie.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

What's a good scale for real world model kits if I wanted to convert some tanks or trucks into Necromunda vehicles? I've been feeling very Mad Maxy lately.

Ideally 1/56 or 1/50, but 1:48 isn't too bad for a "heroic scale" Trans-Am or GMC van.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Wouldn't that be about rhino size?

I think the best scale vehicles I've seen are those die-cast toy cars that show up at the drug store.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Interestingly, the "ultimate edition" contents shows skaven vs humans, which is a pairing that's never been in a BlitzBowl boxed set.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I don't want to jinx it, so I'm just going to guess that it'll be boring terrain.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Emperor Class titans have been the subject of a few fan projects, and this is my favorite.

I'd like to print one someday but that isn't feasible at at.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That should work as long as you don't run extremely long wall sections or anything the size of those tiles.

Remember that each terrain piece "resets" your offset!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

They also like to follow around individuals who are fated for greatness, which might be a little tzeentch-ish but could also be superstition.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Their contemporary release Grinder Cults just got a weapons upgrade, so it's not a bad guess though.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I've seen them assembled with the columns halved - basically two triangle parts on the end of each wall.

Does that beat the problem?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

There won't be any 2nd age Middle Earth content, right? Because it's a different production company and everything.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ok thanks. I don't think they'd be able to work around that by basing material on the original source, either, given that so much of the Amazon show is original content.

That is, GW has already produced minis for book content not appearing in the film (like the Scouring.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The old models were humans, since that's who lives in the Vampire Count-ry.

I'd suggest disarmed flagellants painted to look like old prisoners. Shackles and bloodstained collars should convey how they spend the off season.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I think between Gellerpox, poxwalkers, and 25% daemons it's possible to " Death Guard without the Death Guard" in 40k. Would that be any good though?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

A prerequisite Start Start Collecting box before the Start Collecting box seems unintentionally fitting for Tzeentch.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ok I have Into the Dark, if I get Shadowvaults is it just another copy of the same terrain?

I want more terrain for a big boarding action table, should I just hold out for the 40k box?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The 40k one seems perfect then, thanks.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Lumbermouth posted:

Do we know if the 40K box is going to have a mat in it?

The preview photo shows one, so probably.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Space Hulk is probably the most balanced asymmetrical boardgame I've ever played.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That's basically the same thing that happened with Blackstone Fortress, except you got the miniatures.

I wish they'd reprint those, even just as rules, because gently caress what these scalpers are asking

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Don't know if they broke street date or what, but there's three new mini games at my B&N.

Combat Arena: 40k, a death guard guy and a BA Terminator from the blind box square off against a marine and necron from the magazine.

Warhammer Quest: lost relics - looks cool, WHQ in a box. Four hero minis, monster chits. $50

Blitz Bowl Ultimate edition: Humans and Skaven this time

moths fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 2, 2022

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The first Combat Arena, yeah. That one had the heroes from BSF2.

This one's got different fighters.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It looks like the Corpse Guilders are the white collar to the blue-collar Corpse Grinders, but do we know how compatible the two are?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Woah. It's wild how detailed the corpse-industry is on Necromunda, but I suppose that makes as much sense as anything.

I kinda love how that world just keeps getting more detailed and weird, it oddly makes me nostalgic of the old AD&D settings.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Siivola posted:

Every game must be labeled "The best game GW sells/no longer sells".

Also what boneheaded decision killed it:

Epic A moving to direct only
Warmaster took twelve years to release core factions
BFG forgetting about balance
Space Hulk went limited release
Etc etc

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The Brat gang world dovetail perfectly with the spyrers. It's cawdor / redemptionists but more.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I know that at least the Deathwatch Space Marine was, I think he made it into the Deathwatch Overkill boardgame.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I sometimes wonder how well Mordheim lists would adapt to the Middle Earth system. Or, more specifically, the battlehosts skirmish version.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

"Community supported" is a nice way to acknowledge why anyone still cares about them

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The symbols thing is, I think, to differentiate it from Saga. Which is a historical wargame that it also borrowed list building from.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The only thing that might make sense is if they were initially future-proofing for a return to 54mm kill-team.

Which, with 3D printing, might be more viable than they think or want.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Also even if they did, the cards are going to be leaked and printable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I wish they'd do in-house cards, or at least license then to someone capable of print on demand.

Open Engine War cards for AT should not be a $100 third party purchase.