Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Turn 18; October 1937

There is an update on the last post of the previous page too.

More losses last turn but nothing devastating.

Engblad hits level 2 with a small stat increase.

Right the beachead over the river in the north is secure, lets see about breaking out. 11th army also forms up in the south (purple).

Bombardment of Norwich continues, another turn of this and the city will be useless.

In th south the MIlitia swamp positions are bombarded then taken with an infantry assault (tanks can't operate in swamps).

I pull together every piece of arty I can together and expand our beachead.

The southern attack over-runs a lot of artillery and AA to my great enjoyment.

Elsewhere I bombard with Infantry guns and spare artillery.

Dead arty :swoon:

Germania is collapsing fast, this is bad becuase I will still be stuck in with Freedonia when he goes down and I haven't really captured anything of use yet.

Empire's fuel is bombing fast, he must be running a lot of planes or something.

And just for interest here is a breakdown of the entire Free Flanders armed forces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Does anyone else like to mess with custom tanks? The PP costs always seemed steep for what you get.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
Couple of times in single player... it seems to complicate the upgrade process more then it's worth. Wish you could upgrade other vehicles and aircraft.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 19, November 1934

I seem to have forgotten to take screenshots of the enemy moves this turn so here is the results.

Some overambitious extension on my part means that I get a few troops cut off, whoops!

Losses aren't too bad however.

Generation internet :getin:

Thatbasqueguy gets the bombard card, this could come in handy.

Oh look who has recovered from his beating! Unfortunately there is no new army for you so its off to the Empire front!

WELL. First things first I better save my surrounded armor divisions.

Some Arty and Generation Internet's Armored cars see to that.

We over-run the defenders of the gun factory. Sadly the heavy artillery escapes our wrath.

Bombarding the airbase also gets us a pair of fighters.

Further north we throw back Freedonia's tank forces, the rail line is agreed to be Bey Watch territory so we won't advance.

In the south the line is stable at the river for now but we continue to shell Norwich to destroy its production capacity.

Dundee in the north is cut off and left for Bey Watch and most of Freedonia's units are broken. I think that's curtains for the northern sector.

Germania continues to decline.

Oh and finally in the south I have shuffled my fleet over to harass Freedonia. Bad weather should be arriving anytime now unfortunately.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

:staredog: at Germania's borders. Cudos to that pocket of resistance in the alps but that is a terrifyingly quick collapse. Have you heard anything from them diplomatically?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Player morale in Germania appears to be very low. Freedonia swears anything I take will be scortched earth but Germania just seems to be going through the motions after whatever happened to his army the last few turns.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

Saros posted:

Player morale in Germania appears to be very low. Freedonia swears anything I take will be scortched earth but Germania just seems to be going through the motions after whatever happened to his army the last few turns.

Do you have any plans on invading Germania? He seems to be collapsing.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I doubt i'll be able to reach anything of value. Bey Watch is cutting off my land access with his amphibious move and the other way around has Empire/Perm in the way.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 19; November: Other players moves.

Freedonia gets out his artillery, breaking the bridge Bey Watch has seized.

And here you see the results of me doing something really dumb. I had built an airbase and move up my main fighter squadron but the airbase was within heavy artillery range of the front. Freedonia moves up his heavy arty and smashes it into ruins and the destruction of the airbase destroys all the planes parked there. :suicide:

And because I can't catch a break he uses more heavy arty to burn down the captured factory in the north.

That is.... a lot of artillery.

However even with all that the city holds!

Freedonia's few eastern defenders are getting slaughtered however.

Saros fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 26, 2017

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Haha what the gently caress is going on with Perm's raw count.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Fray posted:

Haha what the gently caress is going on with Perm's raw count.

Building ships, tanks or trains en masse I'd guess

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
You mentioned some transports you have, any thoughts to a landing on Freedonia's southern coast? Reinforcing a beachhead is a lot of work but it looks like you might not have to do much fighting at all down there.

Landings worked well for Bey Watch after all.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yep I'm seeing what can be spared production wise to effect a landing, I have 90% of two battleships and a carrier built at my shipyard (raw costs are not charged until completion and production sites have four different production 'tracks' so you can basically prefab most of the larger warship and hold them in reserve as long as you don't need the production slot for anything else). You can see my transports moving just north of my canal entrance.

New turn post up tomorrow.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Veloxyll posted:

Building ships, tanks or trains en masse I'd guess

Pretty much this, could be very bad news for me as he has a shipyard on our internal sea so I am going to have to reinforce my Northern region.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 20, December 1937

Loooads of dead aircraft from my foolishness last turn with the airbase.

Fray hits level 3 and gets the blitz card which improves attacking power of armor for a turn.

We need replacement aircraft and fast so we spend a lot of PP on an aircraft factory.

The front, Freedonia is in danger of having his northern forces encircled by my breakthroughs and Bey Watch's landing. Mud also arrives in the north.

First things first, capture that airbase. After a preliminary bombardment we take it with light casualties.

We slaughter his troops near Dundee but an AT gun surprises an Armored car.

Cheap forts in the south are destroyed by sustained artillery attack.

And after brutal fighting we over-run the hex.

The Freedonian line is broken and we rush tanks through at attack a HQ unit.

Mobile units widen the breach even further.

In the south we bombard and attempt a revenge attack on his heavy arty battery. It is an unmitigated disaster as the tanks fail to get across the river.

Finally is a series of running battles off Boston we destroy three submarines and drive the others off.

Breakthrough!

Killes losses overall.

This turn, the slaughter is terrible in the north!

Freedonia matches Germania's descent in army power.

Heavy fighting all around.

Empire's oil :lol:

Saros fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 28, 2017

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

The War so far.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
All those lost fighters are gonna hurt in the long run. Great that you got the opening smashed before the weather came in.

Why the hell are trains in the local HQs? Delivering local reinforcements to units that happen to be on rails? Clearly you are dealing with a madman.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yeah I think it was for just sending reinforcement to the front lines, he seems to have been microing build orders to go straight to the front hqs.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 20, Other players moves.

Artillery lands in a few places along my lines but no serious damage is reported.

After heavy fighting and bombardment the city of Dundee falls to Bey Watch forces. Freedonia's remaining troops in the north are very nearly pocketed as he digs in everything he can on the oilfield.

The noose closes.

Elsewhere Germania's remaining fronts collapse and his industrial heartlands are threatened.

Saros fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 2, 2017

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 21, Jan 1937

Light losses, mostly from artillery fire.

Sniper gains level 1!

Good news! Frankenfreak is recovered and he gets assigned to the western front (5th army).

It looks like Freedonia is largely abandoning the north and retreating to the riverline where he can.

Generation Internet cuts off his exhausted troops and slaughters the defenders of the oilfield.

Down south Fray continues his quest for 'maximum warcrimes' virtually knowcking out the city of Norwich.

and a huge bombardments softens up the defenders of the river but thanks to Mud nobody actually has enough AP to attack.

We also advance SW towards the Freedonian riverline defences but Mud hampers our movements.

Germania appears to be in deep trouble.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 21: Other players moves:

Wolfpacks attempt to attack our ships bombarding the Freedianian capital but they are repulsed.

Elsewhere desultory artillery fire as Freedonia attempts to dig in along the riverline.

Bey watch continues to mop up the surrounded Freedonians.

I am leaving the rail line here to Dtkozl.

Germania's collapse speeds up.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 22; Feb 1938

Light losses from artillery fire last turn.

Thatbasqueguy hits level three!

Lots of free space to advance as winter hits fully.

With the rivers freezing up Fray's artillery hammers the Freedonian positions outside Norwich and then with support from the bloody brussels sprout forces the river crossing.

Artillery also continues to soften up the riverline as troops move up.

Tanks move southeast but the river crossing is blocked. I order airstrikes and a paradrop on the bridge hex as it is held by only Militia and Engineers who will no doubt blow it next turn.

Unfortunately this is a complete failure :suicide:

Good advances this turn.

Totals:

Worrying times ahead. Bey watch is basically finished with Freedonia and If Germania goes completely (and from game chat this seems to be happening) I will be the only one still at war as the others consolidate their gains and reposition armies.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Can you effectively vassalise Freedonia? Let the player keep in while giving you some breathing room to not be backstabbed. Of course if not he'd just backstab you.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

He hasn't really got enough territory to make it worthwhile keeping him in play to be honest, plus the game will speed up with one less player :science:

PrinceAwful
Mar 28, 2015
Geez, that is one big border you are going to share with dzoktl, hopefully you can trust him. In this battle to the death :v:

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Oh yes I am sure everything will be just fine.

I mean I have my entire army stacked up along it what could go wrong?

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Weirdly enough I can't help but feel that the long border in and of itself will help keep the peace for a while. Since it's just so drat long, it'd be nigh on impossible to properly garrison it at all points, meaning both parties will be stretched thin should a war start there.

Right now, it's honestly probably in dtkozl's best interests to make sure a war never starts there or it would get bad, fast.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
Sometimes the solution to a terrible border is invasion.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Bozikek posted:

Pretty borders....pretty borders never changes...

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Bozikek posted:

There, that's better

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007

ZekeNY posted:

There, that's better

I like your style

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 22, Feb 1938; Other players moves.

Shouldnt be too much longer seeing this banner methinks.

Bad Freedonia!

Bad.

Dtkozl cleans up out of supply Freedonian units.

The end.

Our units kind of awkwardly stare at each other a bit, the enemy of my enemy is my friend but what happens when they are gone

Holy poo poo!

Bey Watch lands again, siezing the canal city of Allstadt and the other end of the Alstadt canal while pushing hard on Koln! Germania is is DONE. He has only his northern Capital and surrounded Koln left.

:rip:

Saros fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 9, 2017

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 23, March 1938

Ho humm losses, Freedonia must be on the brink however.

Excellent.

Tildeath :getin:

Probes from last turn about Dtkozl's intentions come back positively. Roughly looks like next war is us vs the world.

Looks like Freedonia can't cover his whole line.

Arty hammers then infantry goes in through the mud.

A large scale assault preceeded by an enormous artillery bombardment sees the bloody brussels sprout occupy the northern Norwich suburbs.

Gains over all are slow thanks to mud but we are over the river on both flanks!

The Empire does not stir.

Light losses.

You wanna see some bad loving news? Have a look at this, perm has captured all three of Germania's factories (Arty/Tank/Air) intact.

He's also suffered relatively light losses doing so...

Comparatively Empire has taken the brunt of the Germanian fighting.

Oh dear Perm is definitely coming out on top of this little scrap.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

COMMANDER RUNDOWN!

Generation Internet; "Small but skilled"

First unto the breach.

Fray; "No, gently caress you"

An whoooole bunch of artillery and infantry and attitude and artillery. Known for dickpunching Freedonia's surprise assault.

Engblad; "Bloody Brussels Sprout"

"Engblad the impaler" his troops have named him for the way he gets them killed in frontal assaults.

Tildeath; "Tardy T"

Continuously late to battle and spends a lot of time covering the rear.

ThatBasqueGuy; "Who?"

A quietly competent battlefield promotion to replace Frankenfreak, most of high command still thinks Frank is in charge.

Sniper; "loving new guy"

Head of the newly formed 11th, armor and artillery out the wazoo.

FrankenFreak; "Ol' Scrappy"

Famous for spending half the war in a hospital after getting into a fight, now exiled to the Empire front.

Question for the thread, do people enjoy the commanderchat and want to see more of it? I know the wars can be a little dry with the amount of time it takes to break through on the limited fronts we have seen so far.

Saros fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 10, 2017

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Yeah, that's fun. It's hard to keep track of who's armies are who's, but that's a minor point, overall I'm enjoying the LP immensely.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
Sure, commander chat helps break up the dryness.

DarkParchment
Sep 23, 2016

A new power is rising! Its victory is at hand! This night, the land will be stained with the blood of Rohan!
Yeah, I like the commanderchat a lot! Also I'm glad Bey Watch won't attack you...probably not. He's not going to backstab you...is he?

Awesome LP, if I wasn't poor I would buy the game myself.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

In case it's not totally apparent the colored stripe on the left side of unit counters denotes which HQ unit it's attached to. I.e. GI's army color is black so his HQ and units have a black stripe while Tildeaths are blue etc etc.

Engblad
Sep 13, 2012
The Bloody Brussels Sprout is fittingly red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Empire seems to have a navy if he has carriers and cruisers to lose. Is that a resource sink, or are those toys useful?

• Locked thread