Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Ugh, you bastards have made me buy yet another grog game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Saros posted:

It's best in MP, you can organise games through the Grog goons thread and the editor is fairly simple to use to rationalise the wacky randomly generated maps unless you try do something really complicated.

:smuggI

Yeah, I'll be down for the next goon game of this. Just gotta play some AI matches to figure out this horrible groggy UI.

What do your formations look like this game? Are you just preparing defenses for the time being?

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah, this war is going to be hilarious one way or another. I'll take any of the HQs on your front with him!

Also, is there an easier way to upgrade units than individually clicking on each formation? Do they ever upgrade by themselves?

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

He still has some unidentified stuff back near his rail junction. I wonder if his militia are intended to draw you out of your forts and across the river and then counterattack with real units?

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

The Dundee route looks a lot more strategically valuable due to seizing the oil, arty factory, and rail junctions. Right now you just need to get your highly mobile formations past him into more open terrain. He'll have a very hard time dealing with your armor once you're no longer constrained by these rivers and the tight front.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

dublish posted:

Could you bring Bey Watch into the war by offering him Dundee? If the Empire is thinking of getting aggressive, an ally would be useful.

Yeah, and you might start talking to Perm as well. He probably has more interest in what Empire is up to than Freedonia.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

A counterattack against GI might hurt, but the next turn you can counter-counter-attack with your fresh armor divisions so maybe it's for the best.

I think his plan was to use those lovely militia units as sacrificial buffers while his artillery does everything. Unfortunately for him, arty does jack to armor. Looks like he intended the 14th militia to be his anchor since he gave them forts and lots of guns. Too bad you didn't give a gently caress and just smashed it easily!

Fray fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 26, 2017

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

My money is on The Empire joining against you. If Freedonia didn't have a deal with him to begin with, he's probably begging for help now.

Hopefully then Perm and Bey follow through and we'll have a proper world war.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Our turn :getin:

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

As for the mud, you must be in a subtropical climate. Per the manual, subtropical winter is just two turns of mud and no snow. So hopefully next turn you'll be free of it.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Maybe you and dtkozl can make Freedonia capitulate with the following borders:

You'd get your oil, but you'd also be in a good position for future wars since you can shell that city and be in bomber range of another and the artillery factory. He'd have to think very hard before causing you trouble again.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Those tank losses suck. You might want to start being more conservative with your attacks since Freedonia is already done for and you need to keep an eye on the future.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Anyone up for a side match?

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Don't worry, eventually there will enough wreckage in the river that you can just drive across.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

What's that up at Cambridge? Did dtkozl pull off a landing?

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Does anyone else like to mess with custom tanks? The PP costs always seemed steep for what you get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Haha what the gently caress is going on with Perm's raw count.

• Locked thread