Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

This week zero lineup has me all confused like holy poo poo it's finally here but also like awww no it isn't

It kinda blows my mind that the best game of the day (Oregon State vs Colorado State) is on CBSSN of all channels. At 1:30.

1. Who plays football at 1:30?
2. How did CBSSN wind up with that coup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

kayakyakr posted:

It kinda blows my mind that the best game of the day (Oregon State vs Colorado State) is on CBSSN of all channels. At 1:30.

USF/SJSU is probably going to be a more fun game to watch.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Pakled posted:

USF/SJSU is probably going to be a more fun game to watch.

Could be good too, but fails to feature a P5 team in what should be a competitive matchup. In fact, I'd be disappointed if USF doesn't win that by 20+.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

12:30 pm Mountain time kickoff?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I resubscribed to PSVue yesterday in preparation for today without actually checking what channels these games were on. I think I actually get one of them. Who starts early to play on a web cast our third tier network? I thought the while point of weird game times was to get exposure.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Anyway, that's my meltdown. Go a Beaver.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Thermos H Christ posted:

This week zero lineup has me all confused like holy poo poo it's finally here but also like awww no it isn't

My body is a vessel of pure hype. In three hours (11cst) we've got Texas Southern v. Florida A&M, and Missouri Valley v. Benedictine.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Florida A&M wins, hopefully.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

This Being Pj Fleck special on ESPNU is cool

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Thoguh posted:

I resubscribed to PSVue yesterday in preparation for today without actually checking what channels these games were on. I think I actually get one of them. Who starts early to play on a web cast our third tier network? I thought the while point of weird game times was to get exposure.

The point of weird game times is to get the money for being on tv which comes from overcharging a bunch of cable subscribers that aren't going to watch.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

Hulu might be your best bet? I'll be using the free trial to stream CBSSN today.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

I recently switched from Vue to Sling and neither of them have CBSSN

I looked around and even the CBS Sports app doesn't have a live option, which sucks. Only option is if you have cable or to find a stream online

e: or yeah Hulu is an option too I guess

e2: wow the Hulu w/live TV lineup is actually better than Vue/Sling, at least for my needs, mainly sports. I'm gonna try it out and maybe dump Sling

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 26, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

I recently switched from Vue to Sling and neither of them have CBSSN

I looked around and even the CBS Sports app doesn't have a live option, which sucks. Only option is if you have cable or to find a stream online

e: or yeah Hulu is an option too I guess

Even with cable I need to be on the home wi-fi (i.e. my parents') to watch apparently. So I guess I'm not watching any games today

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
oh gently caress yall it's here, and I'm so happy :dance:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a GDT.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lee calling Kirk out on his homer pick

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

Illinois finally got around to banning its rip-off chop "war chant"

I think banning it is pretty loving stupid (I also wish they had kept the Chief but unfortunately that ship has sailed), but playing the war chant on 3rd down is also kind of dumb. 3rd and long and the stadium should be loud? Let's play a song that takes forever to build up and never really gets loud, and then wonder why the quarterback can easily call plays in the huddle and adjustments at the line. I really liked it when they played it during the opening lineups for basketball, did a good job of pumping up the crowd.

I can't wait to hear Will Ferrell telling me I need to get louder on 3rd down now.

Edit - even though the administration says the 3 in 1 is safe, I would bet within 10 years that's gone as well, or at least the middle part of it.

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 26, 2017

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Top 28 dog mascots in college. You'll never believe who is number one!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

The best article.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Muschamp doesn't know what a QB does or how to use one so I'm not sure I'd be this upset about that

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The MGoBlog season preview podcast brought up a really good point about Florida: Jim McElwain seems to be really thinskinned about the topic of Jim loving sharks, but should he be thickskinned, after so much repeated intimate contact with the rough, sandpaper skin of sharks?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

KKKLIP ART posted:

they're good dogs

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Seaniqua posted:

they're good dogs

All of them?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Thoguh posted:

All of them?

In the sec the boys are just gooder

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Nah, that's all wrong, y'all can have a 2a through whatever but no dog is supplanting Dubs as #1

Speaking of which though I need a new avatar of that good good dog

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thoguh posted:

All of them?

Except Somkey, but the rest of the list looks good

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Seaniqua posted:

Tell you what, I already created a TFF league on Yahoo against the spread without confidence points, so we might as well. I'll join the confidence league, too.

:siren: :siren: :siren:
If you want to join the against-the-spread TFF pick 'em league, I have to send you an invite, which requires that I have your e-mail. Post your e-mail here, PM it to me, or e-mail it to me. My e-mail address is splomax at gmail dot com.
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Send me an invite jtwortley at gmail.com - the espn interface sucks rear end in chrome and it's pissing me off.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee starting MLB Darrin Kirkland Jr out indefinitely with a knee injury. Lol gently caress everything.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee starting MLB Darrin Kirkland Jr out indefinitely with a knee injury. Lol gently caress everything.

that's why you gotta go brand name over kirkland

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

that's why you gotta go brand name over kirkland

ha!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

KKKLIP ART posted:

Uga looks like diabetes.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Lol sjsu

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Not football but ESPN has broken a story about allegations from Auburn softball players that former assistant coach Corey Myers, son of head coach Clint Myers, had a sexual relationship with at least one player and acted inappropriately toward others while being protected by his father. Corey abruptly resigned mid-season; Clint (by far the most successful coach in the program's history) signed an extension in July and then abruptly quit this week. It's alleged that athletic department staff attempted to engage in a cover-up and failed to treat the allegations seriously; this, if true, should and will lead to the end of athletic director Jay Jacobs' career (if not the university president's) and a huge shake-up in the athletic department.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bama DL Raekwon Davis caught a stray bullet outside a bar, minor injuries.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Anals of History posted:

Uga looks like diabetes.

We actually had a new Uga as of last season, so that list isn't accurate. There has been some push by the university to doing outreach to breeders to not make bulldogs meatballs because they are so unhealthy . This was last year and I think it is a cool initiative.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Not football but ESPN has broken a story about allegations from Auburn softball players that former assistant coach Corey Myers, son of head coach Clint Myers, had a sexual relationship with at least one player and acted inappropriately toward others while being protected by his father. Corey abruptly resigned mid-season; Clint (by far the most successful coach in the program's history) signed an extension in July and then abruptly quit this week. It's alleged that athletic department staff attempted to engage in a cover-up and failed to treat the allegations seriously; this, if true, should and will lead to the end of athletic director Jay Jacobs' career (if not the university president's) and a huge shake-up in the athletic department.

That is pretty terrible and hopefully anyone involved is punished to the extent that they can be. I would think that if they hired a new AD, Gus would have to be sweating bullets to securing a good season.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

KKKLIP ART posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a&m is a cult that worships a dog

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'm watching every game from Michigan's 1997 national championship season, and the game at Penn State is an incredibly awkward broadcast, for reasons you can assume.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AsInHowe posted:

I'm watching every game from Michigan's 1997 national championship season, and the game at Penn State is an incredibly awkward broadcast, for reasons you can assume.

What happened?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

blugu64 posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a&m is a cult that worships a dog

I like how the dog is the highest rated cadet on campus so when they find a corpsman loving her, its assaulting a superior officer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Randaconda posted:

What happened?

Sandusky

• Locked thread