Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

MourningView posted:

In that case the shocking part was that Ole Miss didn't get Peyton given Archie's legacy there. And Eli playing at his dad's school for his brother's QB coach doesn't really seem suspicious

The point is the optics. Sure it makes sense if you actually research it, but boosters and alumni aren't the types to appreciate nuance. So after getting Peyton, I imagine explaining why you couldn't get Eli was more than an uphill battle for Fulmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://twitter.com/TheTateMartell/status/889964087299514369

AlexJonesTestosteroneLighting.jpg

Also wtf Ohio State

Weird, he doesn't even have pants to trade for tattoos yet.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Forrest Gump took all the Oscars The Shawshank Redemption should have won. Except for Speed. Speed won best sound mixing Academy Award over The Shawshank Redemption. Yes, you read that right, Speed has an Oscar and The Shawshank Redemption does not.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

If you're in the driver's seat I'm fine with it, but they charge peeps for like sleeping in the rear seat. That's like the loving responsible thing to do if you've had too much to drink while you're out and it's lame that they'd punish you for it.

Yeah, its so dumb. I think in Florida there has to be "two steps" between you and the keys. Meaning, the glove box or center console isn't two steps, its only one. You have to put the keys in the trunk or gas cap, because that requires you to get out of the car, and open a door to get the keys. Its dumb to over prosecute people who were obviously making the correct decision, but then your opponent paints you as weak on crime.

I also think its horseshit that some places have a no overnight parking, or a policy to tow between 4 and 6 am. There is a place nearby that has plenty of parking, but enforces a no overnight parking policy by having a "No parking between 4 and 6 am" sign. So instead of someone just leaving their car and Uber/taxi/friend home, they say "well, I dont want to get towed, so I will just drive home!". I know you don't want people stashing their cars there long term, but surely you can differentiate when a car is left there overnight vs. having been there for a week.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Good idea Ole Miss, just let the man keep digging!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Scarf posted:

They also misspelled "Scholarship" on the letters...

https://twitter.com/ECUPiratesFB/status/892344779102670848

Nope, its a work around from scholarship limits. By offering as many scholarhips as they want and the NCAA can't do poo poo.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

I could see Les as a stop gap to get through NCAA sanctions. He ran a clean enough ship at LSU that I don't ever remember hearing of them on any NCAA related radar. I mean, they were totally cheating but hid it well enough to give a squeaky clean appearance.

So Ole Miss next year then?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

kayakyakr posted:

We're driving to Florida from Texas through Baton Rouge, Tallahassee, and Gainesville. We're planning on stopping at the respective stadiums to go oooh ahh as we look on from the outside.

Unfortunately, I don't think that we're going to be in any of those places in time to actually eat food. Just in case, any lunch recommendations in Baton Rouge or Gainesville? Breakfast recommendations in Tallahassee?

Any other must-stops on the way? Dinner will prolly be in either Mobile or Pensacola.

I haven't been there in years, but one place in Gainesville that was the tits when I was there is The Top. Its only open for dinner though, but great food, and according to google it is still there and highly rated.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

There is a vaccine for that now....

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Unrelated to college football but you're a doctor and all of the Mumps outbreaks in hockey over the last few years have puzzled me. Did those guys just not get MMR vaccines or are they susceptible to breaking down after a while? Or susceptible to like, being bombarded by a bunch of other dudes you're sharing a locker room with who have mumps?

This actually made me go to a computer instead of phone postin...

Vaccines work on an individual,but for it to be 100% effective, we rely on whats called herd immunity. The idea is that if we vaccinate everyone, we eliminate the medium by which the virus propagates. To establish this herd immunity, it is thought that 95% of a population be vaccinated. This was the norm for many years, but then the Jenny McCarthyism took over and now we have parents thinking for NO REASON WHATSOFUCKING EVER that vaccines cause autism and would rather their child die than be autistic so they don't get vaccinated. So now, the virus is more rampant and the failure in the vaccine rate is increasing, because the success in vaccine rates is related to how many people actually get it. Its so loving stupid that many health care providers have shifted to the point where they view a refusal outside of a valid medical reason to vaccinate is tantamount to child abuse. I am in line with this thinking, and it might be the only way the US overcomes its vaccination problems.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Dilber posted:

so uh, the gators QB situation looks even worse than I thought. I'm guessing a bunch of the receivers were walk-ons, but jesus those are some bad throws for a drill.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Singleshot25/status/898523385453531136/video/1

Who the gently caress is claiming a blowout of Michigan and a close game against FSU? Like I know of zero Gator fans whose highest estimate is "we have a shot in both games, dunno".

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Just :lol: if you don't have FAU as your adopted mid-major this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Neil Armbong posted:

Conference solidarity is the stupidest thing. I want every other member of the big 12, especially OU, to get housed as often as possible, especially in bowl games.

Like it or not, as long as public perception affects what teams get into the playoff conference solidarity is important.

• Locked thread