Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/MARTIN_MIAMI_HC/status/819634212475207680

Miami (no, the other one) finally has some up-to-date facilities. They look rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

if only they got some up-to-date hype music

Having something even just a couple years old is still a huge step forward for Miami. The only school with less updated facilities in the MAC may have been Eastern Michigan. Miami was a disaster after Roethlisberger left. When Chuck got there they were probably a good 15 years behind where most of the rest of the conference had evolved to.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Flank steak owns super hard as a leftover sandwich meat the next day

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Emron posted:

This has to be record timing for a transition from the end of the season to food arguments

they never really end, tbqh

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

an adult beverage posted:

I think Wisconsin is a better job than Arkansas if Barry wasnt over your shoulder.

Yeah this is the thing. Wisconsin is a hell of a program in the big picture and should be a great destination for most coaches, but nobody wants to deal with both Barry and a really thin assistant salary pool.

You could probably make do with just one or the other, but dealing with both has to weigh hard on a coach.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mods pls change this thread title to "A&M is rear end my dude"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh are we posting good Mike Leach videos ITT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OjVslts0sI

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/seanjwagner/status/821469028212293632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

hell yeah

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

#wod #reps #box #crushit #rhabdo

#literallyafuckingcult

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Korranus posted:

That lady is pretty cute, but the one-percenter acting like she is in over her head gets kind of old.

I love house hunters for this kind of stuff.

A 30-something couple where one person is a graphic designer and the other is like a teacher or something. Neither clearly making a ton.

"So we'd like to move to San Diego, and we have a budget of $1.5 million." :psyduck:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

But yeah, Property Bros is the best. My wife and I refer to the initial showing house as the Dick House, because it's always 4x their budget and loving awesome.

yesssss I knew I wasn't the only one who loved this

and yeah HGTV is p much appointment television for anyone over their mid 20s in a relationship or marriage. It's just inevitable.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Travonte Valentine has been dismissed from LSU for a 2nd time

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

man i'm gonna miss that rad custom mod star you have

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Speaking of OL play: what's the deal a few teams do -- Auburn, Oregon off the top of my head -- where when the defense jumps and it's a free play the OL will stay in place while the QB takes his home-run shot? Is it to emphasize that the defense was offside so the flag gets thrown? Are they just trained to not move under any circumstances until the snap count goes off? Even if it's a free play and there's no consequence to a sack or hurry wouldn't you want to protect the QB anyway just to make the deep ball more likely to succeed?

It's basically this, yeah. I've always understood it to be a signal to the officials that it's a clear offside, and basically to WRs to say "gently caress it go deep" as the QB just chucks it to see what they can get out of it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I've already spent the last few months whispering into the womb that you can never trust a man named Butch.

drat that is an awesome av

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pat Chun seems to be doing a pretty good job as AD at FAU on the whole as well. I met him a couple times when he was at Ohio State and he's a pretty cool guy.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Does Kiffin going from Bama OC to FAU HC become the first time he hasn't really "failed up"?

I mean yeah he's a HC again but it's FAU.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Doesn't Nebraska still pay Pelini and anything he makes in a new job is deducted from what Nebraska owes him? Or am I misremembering?

Because I thought part of why he was at Youngstown was a "gently caress you, pay me" to Nebraska.

I think that was the case at first, he was largely paid by Nebraska per terms in his buyout, so Youngstown State wasn't on the hook for much.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Out of sheer curiosity, how rare is it that coaches return to their former programs like that? Bill Snyder's the only one I can think of.

E: referring to the suggestion that Pelini could go back to Nebraska, i mean

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yall own :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

swickles posted:

At least you don't have the risk of exposure to OR gasses, which are more and more being implicated in mental health issues and suicides.

LeeMajors posted:

Just HAZMAT scenes. We are all hosed.

y'all seem awfully certain that gator football isn't going to kill you before any of those other things you mentioned :v:

is it still trendy to mock the gators? I can't keep up on all this

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Anals of History posted:

Got a notification that MSU stole a couple of 3*s from Ohio. This is life now, I guess.

wait seriously? As in the fuckin bobcats?

:laffo:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Aren't the Redhawks technically named after a tribe or something?

Sort of. They used to be the Redskins until like 1997. The Miami tribe was understandably less than thrilled so they flipped to Redhawks.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Zaire isn't a bad QB but you have to build a mobile QB offense for him. Deshone Kiser was more of a pocket QB who could run well if he had to.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

A common lament among Tech opponents is that a week of practice is not enough time to prepare for the Jackets’ unorthodox spread-option offense.

Are the jackets not officially triple option anymore? When did that happen?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Aaah ok. Fair enough then

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://awfulannouncing.com/2017/brent-musburger-is-retiring-next-week.html

He's opening a handicapping service in Vegas

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

AP posted:

CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — Winning a national title pays well at Clemson.

Head coach Dabo Swinney and the football staff earned more than $2.8 million in bonuses with the team's run to a national championship and Atlantic Coast Conference crown. The school gave a list of bonuses to The AP on Thursday.

Swinney led the way, getting $1.45 million in bonus pay for Clemson's first national championship since 1981. The Tigers defeated previously undefeated Alabama 35-31 in Tampa, Florida to take the title earlier this month.

Each of Clemson's nine on-field assistant coaches received $95,000 in extra pay for the team's 14-1 season. Strength coach Joey Batson and associate athletic director for football administration Woody McCorvey also received and extra $95,000.

In all, 16 football staffers received at least $70,000 in bonuses.

yowza

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That's.... actually really clever. Good on them.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

late but loving lol at Silly Burrito's av

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That FAU/Kiffin video looks like something released by hostage-takers :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Art Briles dropped his lawsuit against Baylor.

quote:

“I’m sorry we didn’t get this resolved for all the Baylor people, so they could know the truth,” Briles’ attorney, Ernest Cannon of Stephenville, said Wednesday.

“A man can only carry so much.”

“They overloaded him in an endless supply of money, lawyers, resources, and no restraints on anything they’ll do to achieve their goals,” Cannon said.

“Art wants some peace in his life for him and his family, and to put as much distance between him and his family and Baylor as he can, and I wholeheartedly agree with him.”

:laffo: get hosed forever, art

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

But also get hosed Baylor?

oh no question, but trying to play this "Art's the REAL victim here..." card is just astounding

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

Is that more than usual for Coach O

hahaha that's what i wondered too

Also yo Scarf and you other clemson folks: be good to my tiny cousin Noah Dehond. He's pumped as hell about signing there.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

That's awesome! He'll love it, it's a pretty awesome place. I can't even imagine the thrill of playing there.

Also, how does he feel about public baptisms?

hahaha I didn't ask him.

But yeah I'm 6'6" and he was able to look me right in the eye when he was 15. Kid is friggin' gigantic.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

You OK bro; heard there was a Bowling Green massacre

hahahaha I got so drat many texts this morning about this. I was confused as hell.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Frinkahedron posted:

Football is pointless when the next extinction level meteor is already on a crash course with earth. Eat at Arby's

also

https://twitter.com/davelozo/status/827368623278796802

E:

https://twitter.com/davelozo/status/827390917069778945

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol if you think the NCAA will ever have the balls to use the death penalty again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It's a goddamn temporary fine. That's amazing.

gently caress the Big 12.

• Locked thread