Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Scarf posted:

Oh poo poo Nike comin in with the spice just right

This just makes me think of King Crimson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

I did see one on Twitter last night, JMU can claim both the FCS and FBS titles.

e: figured it out, it's Clemson < Pitt < Northwestern < Illinois State(loving really, NW?) < NDSU < JMU

Illinois State held them to 7 points at home. Somebody proposed at the game too.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Amherst is in the middle of deciding a new mascot, which naturally applies to their football team.

The old one, Lord Jeffs, is out as the man it is named for thought giving smallpox-infected blankets to Native Americans was a cool idea.

Possibly the most popular of the semifinalists?

Hamsters.

You see, it's an anagram of Amherst.

And like most of the student body, it's a mammal. And they're male and female, also like most people associated with the college.

(That's from the list of rationale behind the suggestions.)

By D3 standards that's totally fine. gently caress you, Heidelberg University The 'Berg!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Dinosaur is singular for some reason.

There's a professional lacrosse team called the Mammoth.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

We use this forum to mock virtually every well known coach in the sport for the dumb stuff they say or do.

A mod once spent real life time and money dedicating a website to making fun of a coach for having epilepsy and we thought it was the funniest loving thing ever.

You sure? I think it is him. Pretty sure he's yelled at me like 3 times thinking when I post about Harbaugh it's because VT lost that Sugar Bowl and why am I even bothering posting about Michigan because VT isn't a rival.

That's Marquis de Pyro. Reg is One of the Good Ones.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I responded to you for making 4-5 posts in a row over the offseason that criticized Harbaugh for doing absolutely normal things. It was really weird. "Can you guys believe this lunatic said that he likes to eat bacon for breakfast? lol, Michigan! Am I right?" (Also, the slight difference with Gendo's site was that the coach he was mocking was the coach of the program he roots for. Makes a little more sense!)

But I have come to realize that it was not just some weird trolling, rather nearly everyone on this forum has a strange visceral reaction to everything Harbaugh does. And I get it, he yells a lot, he says weird things, he complains too much, it's like Charlie Weis being really fat, easy target for everyone.

So go for it man, make as many posts on the issue as your heart desires. Here, I'll tee you up for one: Just the other day Jim Harbaugh's wife had their 7th child! Who the hell has 7 children anymore, especially at the age of 53. Is he a secret religious fanatic?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

KKKLIP ART posted:

So this is shamelessly copied from Reddit, but we have had a full on 128 team circle of suck his season:

Fresno State really hit rock bottom this year? I had no idea.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

vyst posted:

There's an unhealthy obsession with this Faygo poo poo in Detroit for some reason and I have no idea why. But I just moved here so who knows.

Faygo is ok and Better Maid chips are actively bad. The people who love those things also think Kid Rock is a great ambassador.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

whiteyfats posted:

Gaytors. :colbert:

How do you circumcise a Gator fan?

Kick his sister in the mouth.

*Gay Turds

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

swickles posted:

I have a six year old niece who is obsessed with football but also the mascots, both pro and college. You can give her like any team, even some obscure FCS team and she will know the mascot.

This was me as a child and to this day I take team name sporcle quizzes every few months.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah I'm not exactly bothered by the idea of Mark Dantonio having to develop unheralded recruits

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Aren't the Redhawks technically named after a tribe or something?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

Hi, VT fan here. That works until it doesn't and when it doesn't you are fuuuuuuucked.

Your worst seasons under Beamer are better than the rock bottom we just hit and we're not in the middle of nowhere like Blacksburg so eh. I don't expect to go back to the playoff any time soon but I have no problem with being a consistently competitive team.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's more like they've returned to their normal levels

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU has also flipped recruits from Temple, Georgia Southern and Boston College. Let's go!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The surprisingly long-running San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl is no longer happening.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

swickles posted:

That was my thought, kike

Whoa there!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

He's a non sequitur away from sounding like Senor Cardgage

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Howard Schnellenberger is the King of Town in this universe

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/RedbirdFB/status/826797183018082305

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Clear eyes, five star hearts, can lose several conference games

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

Antoine Winfield Jr

You've got me checking for gray hairs now.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

According to internet rumors which are too good not to post, Michigan State linebacker Jon Resckhe may have been kicked off the team, after his teammates voted to do so. Supposedly he sent his ex-gf a bunch of racial slurs directed at a teammate (former teammate?) who had slept with said ex-gf

what a planet

Jeez, he's one of our best players too. If I would have picked one of our players to do that it would have been noted Trump supporter Riley Bullough. Or Chris Frey because I'm suspicious of white LBs who play like psychos.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Done!

Other disqualifying factors: it's an all boys school and I can't ever see myself being in a position to afford 11K per year in tuition. Also apparently their slogan is "Act Manfully in Christ Jesus" which is just kind of weird and creepy.

Only a manlet wouldn't follow Christ

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Korranus posted:

The American gives so much stuff to the Big 12 every year we might as well call the conference Israel.

Folks,,

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Three Michigan State players and a coach suspended, due to a Title IX sexual assault investigation.

Might not be a coach. News just says "staff member associated with the football program."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Scarf posted:

WE NEED MORE DAAAAWGS! NOT KITTY-CATS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EChnZTJicw

related: Congrats to Coastal Carolina making the leap to FBS.

How on earth does the state of South Carolina have two chicken teams?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Anals of History posted:

I was looking up MSU's campus newsletter to see if there were more details about this. Come to find out that MSU's band director of 27 years sent text messages to a female student that creeped her right out of band and off of campus.

I'd like to think they won't Baylor this and the other investigation. We'll find out shortly if that's naive or not.

There was also the campus doctor who molested gymnasts or something.

The nice thing about being a fan who didn't go to the school is that I only feel deep shame about the football program and not my alma mater.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Some HBCU in Florida killed a guy hazing him a few years ago, it was a big deal. Well obviously, you know, because they literally beat someone to death for trying to be in the band.

That was FAMU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Look for rural fanbases. Lots more sovcit and Trump supporting fans for Michigan State, rather than Michigan, for example.

EL is not Ann Arbor, but it's not that rural either.

How about West Virginia?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Maybe next year he'll get a chance to match MSU and OSU in humiliating playoff shutouts

When the thing your making fun of requires a greater accomplishment than what your team has done, you should reconsider your trash talking.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Anals of History posted:

Jon Reschke officially leaves the team. The Freep article lines up with the rumors posted earlier that he went apeshit and said some awful (racist) stuff to an ex-teammate.

That's our best linebacker. Truly a tremendous time to be a Spartan fan.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How the gently caress is Baker Mayfield still in college?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

If he couldn't get on the field during those Miami years, you probably didn't want to know about him anyway.

He was one of their best players

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Waroduce posted:

My girlfriend has bridal poo poo to do for her friend tonight I am going to watch some college footballs starting with that game.

What were other great games this year. I'm good with amazing defensive games like lsu Bama or crazy bullshit pac shootouts. Anything entertaining

The Rose Bowl and Michigan-Ohio State

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

iospace posted:

Oh, I thought you were a Michigan fan :downs: Whoops.

But yeah, who did they beat last year that was of note: Wisconsin. Everyone else was... well Michigan State took a tremendous poo poo, Rutgers and Maryland have been also rans in CFB and only got added for basketball and I have no clue in Rutgers' case.

When has Indiana been relevant in CFB?

They beat the poo poo out of Penn State and Colorado proved to be a much tougher non-conference opponent than anticipated.

Like I hate Michigan more than anything and I know TFF's mantra is that every single college football team is bad but Michigan were very very good.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

I sometimes forget that the Dakotas exist. Leave it to College Wrestling to remind me

Both Dakotas are represented in the basketball tournament!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
There's nothing that activates my bully senses more than a college quidditch team

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spintzel posted:

Quidditch is a cool concept sport that's pretty much exclusively played by non athletic kids. The only reason Texas is good at it is because they actually have athletic kids

It's a cool concept sport if you have magic powers. In real life it's a lovely version of handball where people carry sticks between their legs and then chase a guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TheGreyGhost posted:

Short North is the grown-up place to drink. German Village can get you some good dining options but isn't where you want to be late at night. Avoid going up High Street to campus the night before a game. Short North is walkable to the stadium if you're in decent shape.

I was in Short North last month and an old toothless woman offered to blow me and two of my friends for cigarettes. Also nobody knows how to park their cars and people are still wearing Harambe shirts.

• Locked thread