Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
If anything I think 8 is generous for Washington, some huge players for us declared early including John Ross so I wouldn't be surprised if we lost 3-4 games next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

an adult beverage posted:

Washington is great if you like <50 days of sunshine per year.

PNW summers are quite seriously the best weather on the planet imo but um yes actually we do get less than 50 days of sunshine a year. Please don't move here, it's awful. Yeah.

Maxwells Demon posted:

Washington fans mostly live in a great part of the world and are great people in most things but somehow become giant babies anytime UO is brought up.

Am I doing this right?

Counterpoint: Nike sucks and scoreboard and wait gently caress

Actually Eugene is a pretty decent town and now that the streak is over I hope we have a real tense game of the year caliber match-up one of these years :)

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

MourningView posted:

Are we sure Sark and Lane are actually different people?

One of them was my school's coach and even I'm genuinely not sure at this point. It's kinda creepy, really.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Joey Freshwater posted:

UT is usually pretty good about scheduling OOC schools. (Cal, UCLA, Oregon, Oklahoma in recent memory) but this one is just weird.

For some reason I've just always really wanted Washington to have a series with Tennessee. I have absolutely no basis for this, I just think it'd be great.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Hi just in case everyone forgot John Ross loving owns and I really hope he does well in the NFL

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Wanvig posted:

I am the 10%

:same: Mayo is gross as hell

I'm really excited to see what next year is gonna look like, but our spring stuff is pretty under wraps. Still flying high from last season :-)

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Qwijib0 posted:

Ranch is literally an herbed, mayo-based sauce.

This explains so much.

Really I just have an aversion to any white sauce except for maybe alfredo if it's mixed with pesto. But even then I'd just rather have pesto on its own

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Personally I'm all for Oregon making fools of themselves

I hope they keep wearing the uniform combo from last year's game so everyone can hang 70 on them :)

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Sounds like Washington just scheduled a series with Ohio State in 2024-5

Man I hate that these games are scheduled so far out in advance, I want to see that happen within the next 2-3 years

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I actually agree with the sentiment that promotion and relegation in American sports could basically only work with college football and that it would enhance the overall product.

Really even though it's blatantly idealistic I agree with large swaths of his overall points.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I love this whole thing, it's so wonderful and such a fitting end to the Ole Miss shitstorm

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm really excited for this season y'all, after last year everything coming up is just gravy

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Huh, #7

I'm concerned that's a little too high but hell preseason rankings are bullshit anyway so why not?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Practice reports from Washington seem to be showing that the defense has been dominating the offense so far, 5 takeaways today including 2 INTs by Browning

That's more than a little worrying for the offense

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Man I'm looking forward to dunking on Rutgers again

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
My parents always used to tell me weddings were horrible wastes of time but every one I've been to in my adult life has been really loving fun. They've been right about a lot of things but I don't think they can be more wrong about weddings.

I don't have anything to contribute on the subject of weddings/kids beyond that tbh

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Crotch Bat posted:

Weddings aren't wastes of time but they are wastes of money. You can 100% spend that money in better ways that will benefit you more as a couple. Blowing that kind of money in a 24 hour period is loving retarded.

I mean I don't plan on getting married any time soon after how my last relationship ended so it's not my dime!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Is it weird that the thing I'm most excited for about the next few days is Spencer Hall's longform kickoff article?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Why would you say anything like that to Bama at this point in time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Nah, that's all wrong, y'all can have a 2a through whatever but no dog is supplanting Dubs as #1

Speaking of which though I need a new avatar of that good good dog

• Locked thread