Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

This hit rules.

The announcer is completely forgetting Michael Robinson ending that Minnesota safety's life though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Amherst hamsters are an example of a good nerd school mascot. Tim the beaver of the MIT fighting engineers is also a good

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Bip Roberts posted:

Every engineer school is a beaver or bee though.

Oh, yeah I forgot about that. Well then they really have nothing

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Thank you for this nick

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Whats the one with the tiny blonde lady doing stuff by herself and her teenage son makes angsty guest apperances

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
What if...what if spurdog came back

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

pillsburysoldier posted:

Stanford is going to start kinda sorta paying players not really.

https://explorecourses.stanford.edu...ience&collapse=

Its a start i guess

I am actually stupid so I'm not grasping how this works from the course description

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

big money big clit posted:

They get college credits for playing sports.

this is cool but does it affect players already on scholarship? like what is the net benefit to them? again, I'm not trying to be dense, I was born this way

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

big money big clit posted:

Imagine if players never went to class and basically earner their place in college solely by playing sports. They would be getting paid, in the form of room and board and stipends, to play sports. This is a step towards towards that by allowing them to earn some credit for playing sports instead of going to class.

Got it, thanks for laying it out. I really wasn't getting it

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Regnevelc posted:

Is this college or NFL or both?

Jim Harbaugh wrote Colin Kaepernick's entry for the 2017 Time's Top 100 Most Influential People

http://time.com/collection/2017-time-100/4736257/colin-kaepernick/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter

🙂

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Kim Jong Il posted:

A pretty good program momentarily down because of a bad hire? True that.

More like historically bad program with a blip of tepid success

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

General Dog posted:

Vaccines and GMOs are the two biggest miracles of the 20th century, and I kind of wish the morons who can't stop crowing about them could somehow be granted their own world without them to live in, and that we could watch.

this place exists. it's college station

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

General Dog posted:

College Station is GMO central

I actually don't care my dude

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Kim Jong Il posted:

Unfortunately for you, Google exists to easily refute this.

lol congrats at that .500 record

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Kim Jong Il posted:

I didn't say they were national championship contenders. They had no interest in being the equivalent of FBS until the late 70s. It's not like it was hard to be a mid level team in the east back in the day, Fry started recruiting there because there was so little competition. When they moved up, they promptly just started being super mediocre, not horrible. So no, you're 100% wrong, Google refuted exactly what he said.

The best coach you ever had went .500, congrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Joey Freshwater posted:

Preseason AP Poll is out:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

I'm honestly a little surprised to see Tennessee ranked and lol at UGA at 15.

This list is clearly fake. There is no way a traditional powerhouse like Rutgers would ever be left off a pre-season top 25

• Locked thread