Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

D.N. Nation posted:

Georgia consolation prize in 2007 is that they were tangentially a part of two of the best quotes of that season: Mike Gundy's I'M A MAN I'M 40 and Mike Patrick daydreaming about Britney Spears.

You can always figure out how old Gundy is from that speech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/7/26/15993842/ole-miss-ncaa-investigation-scandal-donte-moncrief-brother-spencer

NCAA: Still racist as gently caress

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I wonder if Les Miles figured out what offense was during his sabbatical

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

OkSt at 11 is really low, Michigan at 9 is too high

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

iospace posted:

PSU also lost its only cool and good thing: the fat kicker.

nah, we still have out playbook straight out of the N64 NFL Blitz

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Silly Burrito posted:

I was wondering how the Ed O hire would affect LSU's preseason standings.

Ok, I really wasn't, but they're the second best team in the SEC according to these rankings.

What SEC teams are better than LSU?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Penn State would have at least made one field goal

It was pretty clear by the end of the season that Barrett's only move was to juke all 11 defenders by hinself

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

What happened to Houston Nutt? He did a pretty good job at Arkansas, imploded at Ole Miss, and then fell off the planet. I guess Ole Miss slandering him didn't help, but he could have landed a mid-major jo if he wanted. What happened at Miss>

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Are these dudes any good?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

a decent number of NHL players are from east bumfuck Saskatchewan

you can figure out the rest

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Randaconda posted:

I, for one, welcome this near decade long run of mediocre at best Gator teams. :colbert:

also lol miami

just lol

There are two scenarios for Georgia this year

1. Georgia goes 7-5
2. Georgia goes 7-5 and Mark Richt wins the ACC Coastal

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I tried to call into PAAAAAAAAAAAUL today, but all I got was dial tones

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Is there an area code block on Finebaum's show? I keep trying to call-in and all I get is dial tones every time

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

harperdc posted:

Hi I've got a June trip to the U.S./basic ceremony and an early September wedding reception in Japan planned for next year and also have the fun of (eventually) helping organizing the respective family members who need to fly across the Pacific for each of those. And that on top of what a Japanese reception is going to cost.

yeah yeah college football season rah rah rah but you know what I'll be taking my family to see a day of the sumo tournament in Tokyo so that'll own.

Theres a waifu joke in here somewhere

Dilber posted:

My buddy that does some work with the FAU athletics department told me that Lane has been hitting on all the women in the department, and they all hate him. I'm trying to get a joey freshwater picture signed, but I don't want my friend to lose his job.

Who could have seen this coming?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

James Franklin getting paid

[quote="http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20379380/penn-state-nittany-lions-coach-james-franklin-gets-lucrative-new-six-year-deal"
]Penn State has approved a new contract for football coach James Franklin that will average $5.73 million per year for six years, sources confirmed to ESPN on Friday.

Franklin was scheduled to make $4.7 million this year under his previous deal. The new contract places Franklin among the five highest-paid coaches in college football along with Alabama's Nick Saban, Michigan's Jim Harbaugh, Ohio State's Urban Meyer and Florida State's Jimbo Fisher.

SI.com earlier reported the terms of Franklin's new deal. The university board unanimously approved Franklin's extension Friday.

Franklin, 45, led the Nittany Lions to an 11-3 record and the Big Ten championship last year -- the team's first since 2008 and first outright title since 1994. Penn State was No. 7 in the final AP poll, its best finish since 2005.

In three years at Penn State, Franklin has compiled a 25-15 record, taking over a program that had been rocked by NCAA sanctions after the Jerry Sandusky scandal.

Penn State has ESPN's No. 3-ranked recruiting class for 2018, which would be its highest spot since ESPN began its recruiting rankings in 2006. The Nittany Lions have 13 commits from the ESPN 300 for next season.[/quote]

He should give most of that money to Joe Morehead imo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Joey Freshwater posted:

lol you guys legit think there's a worse stadium than Tropicana?

lol just lol

At least the Trop doesnt have routinely overflowing sewage lines

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Florida-Michigan will be the return of the mighty 6-4

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Kim Jong Il posted:

Rutgers has been more successful over recent memory than Maryland, Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois, and Purdue. The Kyle Flood era is a blip that will soon be forgotten, but the Big Ten will always be trash. In fact, its poor quality is going to precisely why this won't be a long rebuilding job.

Illinois and Purdue have been to major bowls in recent memory, unlike Rutgers

Rutgers is in the east which means they will always be behind

OSU
Michigan
PSU
Sparty
Maryland (if Durkin's recruiting pans out)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Pook Good Mook posted:

Are there any Louisville fans on here who could explain whether they actually have a playoff shot?

Depends if they have an OLine or not

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

kayakyakr posted:

We also have Oregon State visiting Colorado State on a channel that no one actually gets:

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Plus Hawaii going to UMass on streaming platforms, and a bunch of FCS-involving games.

Colorado State has a brand new stadium that is super gorgeous and I think the Fightin' Mike Bobos will be in the running for the GS Bowl spot

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Even if Dabo goes to Bama, he wont replace Saban. He'll be the guy that replaces the guy that replaced Saban

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

all-Rush mixtape posted:

The best/worst thing about being a fan of Texas State is that there is no smack talk.

Lets go the North Texas Mean Green, bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

gently caress the B1G, I want Ohio St to go 0-12 every year

• Locked thread