Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Apropos of nothing, I talked to a guy who played for Bama in the late '90s last weekend. He said they had bounties on all their stats "$X for a tackle, $Y for a reception, etc.," and they'd leave their cars unlocked in an agreed-upon garage. When they came back, there'd be an envelope in the console or glove box or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

I can''t, off the top of my head, think of a single parking garage in Tuscaloosa in the late 90s. DCH (the campus hospital), maybe? There were a lot of large, open-air parking lots, though.

That's likely what he said. I was a few beers in at that point.

I'm sure every school does it; I just thought it was interesting that they had to work a little spycraft into it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

The new Texas coach is in an interview on ESPN and he seems like such a putz.

Yuuuuuup

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/15/12935904/tom-herman-kiss-players-houston-cougars

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

He said he listened to hip-hop as a kid.

Like it wasn't part of a greater point or anything, he just flat-out said in the interview that he listened to hip-hop as a kid.

I hate it when people talk about how weird our weirdo coach is. Like, let's just pretend the team is just self-coached. QB and MLB are calling all the plays.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Frinkahedron posted:

No one knows who a 3rd tier ESPN3 announcer is, why they didn't call him "Bobby Lee" for a day instead is mind boggling.

That could also be construed as problematic

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0496899/

General Dog posted:

The few outliers have been really bizarre and out of left field. Auburn hiring away Chizik after putting together a couple of really mediocre years at Iowa State.

This reminded me that Gene Chizik won a national title. Has anyone ever gotten less respect for a national title than Gene Chizik?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Eh, maybe so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

ESPN management "asked" about him switching games. As if some radio peon would dare say no after they laid off all of those people recently.

Of course he couldn't say no, but I might buy they wanted to spare him from becoming a meme.

• Locked thread