Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So we're chalking this up to SEC bias right?

Anyway, what was the better onside kick? Clemson's from this year or Bama's from last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Team beats Bama in a championship game with God's help.
Guys, I saw this one in 2008; I know what happens in the sequels. The next decade will be fun if history is anything to go by.

Real talk, when was the last time Bama played in a National Championship and lost? I don't remember us being particularly good during the mid 90s up until 2008. This may be the first time it's happened since I've been alive.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Let's just get to the heart of the matter.

Ketchup Based BBQ sauce > Vinegar Based BBQ Sauce

Mustard base and white sauce need not apply.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So my hometown of Podunk, AL apparently just got a professional arena football team. The town has about 3,000 people in it and the local high school gym seats more people than the place they'll be playing in.

Roll Tide?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Diners Drive-ins and Dives.

Cheerwine is swill. Cherry Sundrop is p good.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

GBS is gone

But it's still there? I only really come here for lovely life hacks and bad BBQ and HGTV hot takes, so I'm not sure what's going on. Now if you all will excuse me I have to go find some tracker with a decent selection of This Old House seasons.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I bet I could sweet talk someone into handing me the keys to /r/rolltide...

Warbird
May 23, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

/r/olltide

Appears to be a Tennessee troll subreddit. That's pretty good.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Sorry, it has to be a Clemson poster for at least a year.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

People in Pennsylvania can't understand a drat thing I say. They also can't name places well; King of Prussia is hella dumb. This is why that one guy didn't vote for them to get in the playoffs.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

vikingstrike posted:

This seems almost too perfect.
It would be an extremely Kiffin thing to do.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I have a little girl due in about 10 days, planning on doing the same with her little Tennessee outfit.

You know, you could throw a crimson jersey on that kiddo and tell her that you're a Tide household and she'd be none the wiser. This your opportunity to get out!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

#BaylorIbarelyknowher

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Duckaerobics posted:

I'm an Auburn fan and I still don't think those pictures mean anything.

I'd post a picture of Rev. Newton's church, but I think I'd be arguing against Bama for that.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Coach O sounds like what a football coach should sound like.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

How about we pull a Sherman and just burn PSU and Baylor to the ground? If history is anything to go by, their football teams will be back and better than ever in about a century or so.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Dilber posted:

As a reminder, a bunch of people said Miami should get the death penalty numerous times for taking players on boats and plying them with strippers and handing out an occasional abortion or something.

One might argue that the death penalty would be preferable to their current state.

Edit - Death penalty to Auburn too while we're at it. No particular reason why.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jWh8qtWrHc

Two takeaways here:
1. Roll Tide
2. A&M is rear end my dude

Warbird
May 23, 2012

"drat internet at work was out all morning, I wonder what happened toda-"

Well then. I don't think we've had a coach out that fast since the strip club incident.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Uh excuse me chip Kelly won the PAC 12

And that invalidates his point how now?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That took me a minute to catch. I need to watch the Owls video a few more times.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Marching bands are somehow worse than wrestling programs when it comes to hazing and weird poo poo, except without the payoff of being a cool guy that suplexes people.

You clearly have been interacting with the wrong kind of marching bands. We suplexed all the time.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ran by UNC for the first time for assorted reasons this morning. Verdict: Campus, good. Football, bad.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Took my wife 5 tries to get a visa to the US. On the 5th visit, they asked what she would do if the turned her down a fifth time. She responded that she would see them for the 6th time. They gave her the visa.

Sometimes success can be achieved by being a huge pain in the rear end.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

The third time, in another life basically when I was applying for Law school, they let me in by mistake and had to call me to tell me that I had not in fact been accepted.

Do it again and say you're already in the system. Making less work for admins does wonders for moving things along.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Much like death, if you beat Bama in VR, you beat them in real life.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

They should join the SEC so Vandy has some competition. Also, late to the party here but Sark going to the Falcons and Bama potentially getting DaBoll would be poetic on some level.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

Liberty should be in the SEC East

Eh, put them in the West to bring the average down closer to the East's.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Gospel of Poppa Sabes, 11:35 - "Tebow wept."

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That is one of the few gifs that makes me have to stifle my inner Phillis from Mulga.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Jordanis posted:

Every time I see this gif I feel a pressing need to insist that Michael Dyer was down.

No, that play ended up being too Auburn to not have been legitimate.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Prothro is selling cars now and I hope he's absolutely killing it. Super nice guy.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Are we counting Deadpool as one of the Xmens?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Death to all tiger teams Pawl.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Metal Gear?!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

This is what happens when Bama doesn't win a natty. This is the future you chose.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Sash! posted:

Would it surprise you, really surprise you, if someone came up with evidence that Bear Bryant had someone shot just so someone else couldn't get a recruit he couldn't have?

I'd be a bit disappointed if it came out that he hadn't tbh.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Please refer to my avatar for the answer to that question.

Supposing he had died and was brought back, the trail of bodies left by the university and fanbase would approach the levels of a small scale war. Snitches get stitches and whatnot.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

I lived in Tuscaloosa for 15 years and I went into that poo poo hole once. Downtown Pub for life

Half price apps night is great, fight me. It is no Wilhagan's though.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

vyst posted:

lol you get a ring for making it to the playoffs?

The Bama band got rings the year we beat the Irish in Miami for some reason. They just sort of throw them around. Granted, we had to pony up for ours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That's going up over near Loosa Brews it seems. That towns has really blown up in the last few years.

• Locked thread