Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

MourningView posted:

I have never really considered what sushi in Alabama might be like but I feel like if you asked me I probably would have guessed something like that

There's a decent sized population from Korea due to the auto plants near Montgomery as well as other countries in that part of the world, so it's possible to get some surprisingly good oriental food if you know where to look. This is more limited to the larger urban centers, but it's around. Surprisingly little German food in T-town given how close the Mercedes plant is and the number of Germans in the area though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I took a dump in the bathroom of the bama weight room once and they had something similar. No jokes on it from what I recall.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

an adult beverage posted:

The bottom one is "you're playing for Oregon now"

Damned good, but may I humbly suggest "Junction Boys" in its place?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

And to think I thought the splurge in posting was due to NC being idiots again. Good to see we stayed on topic.

White sauce 4 lyfe.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Tossing out Louisiana-Monroe for the "don't play them" list. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

https://www.facebook.com/AlabamaAthletics/videos/10155061201597209/

Why is Scott Cochran so drat good?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/markb_wsfa/status/854495032384135169

His supporters got chased off campus (literally) by a crowd chanting "S-E-C"

I'll concede a Weagle weagle for this.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Nothing is more insensitive or culturally inappropriate as having a tiger as a school mascot. Thanks and god bless.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What is Kiffin doing at FSU?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

FiveThirtyEight is still good, right?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Roll Tide I suppose.

Rename Legion Field to Piggly Wiggly Field.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

I won't be able to remember what a toaster does.

Skanks to the beat for the most part.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

MourningView posted:

Alas the Bible is sorely lacking a jerk off teatament.

The Old Testament would disagree.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

God bless that crazy Cajun bastard

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The Football Funhouse › NCAA Offseason N/V: gently caress that shark rear end, my dude

Edit: To be clear, A&M is still indeed rear end.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

There is fuckall to see in Southwest Alabama that isn't Mobile. It's a lonely area.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Scarf posted:

And honestly, you should only get a fleeting glimpse of Mobile, as you SHOULD be on your way to New Orleans.

Mardi Gras started in Mobile so I shall go to Mobike thankyouverymuch.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

I did an internship in Orangeburg, SC one summer and people there considered me a Yankee because I'm from Charlotte and don't talk like I just fell off a turnip truck.

And they were correct. I'm in Charlotte and the only actual southern things in this area are my nards. Now you go about 30 minutes in any given direction that isn't following I-77 and then you're in the South proper. Asheville and The Triangle have similar rules; the former being about 10 instead of 30.

Also, the BBQ game here is weaker than the football.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Things for Bama to fix:

1. Run

2. The

3. drat

4. Ball

(Optional) 5. PAWL

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Big Vol Daddy is still putting out videos on the reg. Bless his orange wearing heart.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Raku posted:

I'm from Tuscaloosa and I say kill them all

Warbird
May 23, 2012

He is a terrible and just deity.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Raku posted:

His story about midnight pussy and hillary clinton still owns

Sharing is caring friendo.

Scarf posted:

I'm pretty sure HC at bama is like 6th in line for the presidency anyway.

I can go pull voting records if work is slow, but he consistently places in most elections with a write in option in the state.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Auburn was rear end before A&M and sharks made it cool to be rear end.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So is SBNation the modern Polygon of football? Their best stuff seems to be batshit insane with a central tie-in of football. Sort of like the better parts of fivethirtyeight.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You're god drat right it does.

iospace posted:

Nah, Clemson is the best.

This one too as Dabo is of Bama stock.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

she'd written out a list of "likes" and SEC football was one of them

The gently caress she does. Yankee go home! Is Phyllis's husband still alive? Mulga wouldn't be too bad a drive.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So the wife sent me a couple videos to brief me on what to expect at our wedding next month. Posting raw links because that poo poo ain't gonna embed.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjcxNDk1MTc1Mg==.html?spm=a2h0k.8191407.0.0&from=s1.8-1-1.2

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg3NzY2NDY2MA==.html?spm=a2h0k.8191407.0.0&from=s1.8-1-1.2

Please advise.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 19, 2017

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Apparently China. I tossed in "proper" desktop links. What's bizarre is that it has no issues running just fine in Safari on iOS of all things, so who even knows.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

;

I took the agonizing step of opening these in Edge so I could be informed when I tell you:

:sever:

No can do, she likes Bama football and we've been married in the states for close to a year now.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I'd sooner get married during the Iron Bowl than try to do anything in that hemisphere in February.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

God in heaven, that's not the geocities bootstrap, he hand coded that thing. Give that kid the trophy.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I'm really happy the shark loving has got the amount of play that it has. May be the most notable thing to come out of Florida since Tebow graduated.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

quote:

The new friends being the likes of LSU, Alabama and Arkansas in SEC West competition.

That sentence makes me really happy. Picture isn't on point as I'd like, but it's close enough; just imagine I photoshopped some SEC poo poo on there or whatever.

Word is anyone that draws a Braves logo is cut from the team and killed on the spot.

Also, the thread titles are getting a tad dire.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

And that one dead dog that one time. Can't be forgetting that.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Have you even seen Forrest Gump?

A good-hearted halfwit bumbling his way to astounding success is the Dabo Blueprint.

Gump also has aids at the end of that movie, so take that metaphor as you will.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Y'all just mad that Gump played for Bama and the movie depicted the god-emperor Bear Bryant.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

DJExile posted:

E: The Football Funhouse › NCAA Offseason N/V: just get your Texas A&M on the Sharkmaster

Because they are rear end you see.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Roll Tide I suppose. Good to see Auburn carrying on its tradition of inexplicably showing up high-ish in the polls.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Poppa Sabes outlining what will be done about whatshisface that got the DUI the other day. Seems reasonable to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What about, hear me out, an elephant mascot?

• Locked thread