Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Randaconda posted:

You're not. We all saw how the Big 10 teams started losing as soon as they played good teams in the post-season instead of the soft Big 10 schedule.

Penn State lost on a field goal set up by a last minute interception. USC gave up 49 points. The only team that scored more on them was Alabama. Even Florida State only had 31. It's not like it was a lopsided mismatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

As bad as that is, I'm not sure some sort of terrifying horseman is going to make it better

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Marquis de Pyro posted:

They're a bottom 25% major conference team at best, and that's probably being generous.

Well, you've got 65 power 5 teams (66 if you're the ACC and 67 if you're the Big Ten and SEC) and there's 52 to 54 teams ahead of them in winning percentage Bottom 20% or worse.

Congratulations Baylor, you are the last team in the top 75%! Sorry Washington, you did not make the cut for top 25%. And the "consider the job....done" award goes to Minnesota: Mathematically the Middle of the Road.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

the mean lunch lady posted:

I got in with no password somehow

me too

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Nothing before 79 matters. Penn State was the Boise State of the 70s, but holding on with Bama to the very end made a difference. In the 80s, the scheduling changed and more ranked teams came up. Played for three titles from 1982 to 1986 and that's pretty nuts all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

vyst posted:

I'll allow it because gently caress Notre Dame

Yesterday I found myself with nothing to do, so I watched a very bland Fox Sports season preview. At the end, they were like "oh yeah we didn't say anything about Notre Dame. Because they are bad and will continue to be bad." It was amusing.

• Locked thread